Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119
By volkom 2014-08-18 15:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Have there been rockets shot since the cease fire ended?

Do I owe volk $100 again?
don't think so~
can forward it to my paypal
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 16:09:03
Link | Citer | R

I'll pay directly.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 10:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Welp, did we expect otherwise?

Quote:
JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli military said it carried out a series of airstrikes Tuesday across the Gaza Strip in response to renewed rocket fire, a burst of violence that broke a temporary cease-fire and endangered negotiations in Egypt over ending the monthlong war between Israel and Hamas.

The fighting occurred some eight hours before a temporary truce was set to expire. Egypt had persuaded Israel and Egypt to extend the truce by 24 hours to give more times for the negotiations.

While there were no injuries reported in Israel or Gaza, it remained unclear whether the talks in Egypt would continue.

"This rocket attack on Beersheba is a grave and direction violation of the cease-fire," Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said. He refused to say whether Israel would halt the negotiations, but Israel has repeatedly said it will only negotiate if there is a "total and complete" cease-fire.

The Israeli military said Gaza militants fired three rockets into Israel that landed in open areas near the southern city of Beersheba. Hamas police officials said seven Israeli airstrikes targeted open areas.

Within minutes, it said it carried out a series of airstrikes. It accused militants of violating the cease-fire and said it maintains "both defense and striking capabilities in order to address the renewed aggression."

The rocket fire broke a nearly weeklong lull that has held during the Egyptian-mediated negotiations.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility. But shortly before the launch, Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum hinted of more rocket fire, saying: "If Netanyahu doesn't understand ... the language of politics in Cairo, we know how to make him understand."

The effect the violence will have on the negotiations in Cairo was not immediately clear. Earlier Tuesday, Palestinian and Israeli negotiators had resumed their indirect talks after agreeing to the 24-hour extension.

The negotiations are aimed at working out a long-term arrangement between Israel and Hamas following weeks of fighting that has killed some 2,000 Palestinians, most of them civilians, and left tens of thousands more homeless. Sixty-seven Israelis have died, all but three of them soldiers.

Hamas is seeking an end to a seven-year Israeli-Egypt blockade that has ravaged Gaza's economy. Israel wants Hamas to disarm. An Egyptian compromise proposal calls for easing the blockade, but not lifting it. And while Hamas would not be required to give up its arsenal, the Egyptian plan would give Western-backed President Mahmoud Abbas, whose forces were ousted by Hamas in 2007, a foothold back in Gaza, running border crossings and overseeing internationally-backed reconstruction.

(A Palestinian protester throws a piece of concrete at Israeli soldiers during clashes.)

In an apparent attempt to pressure Hamas, Egypt said early Monday it would co-host an international fundraising conference for Gaza — but only if a deal is reached first.

That appears to play into the hands of the Abbas' Palestinian Authority, which is eager to regain control of Gaza.

Hamas finds itself pressured by both Egypt and the Palestinian Authority to accept a less than perfect deal with Israel, but needs to show the people of Gaza that the enormous sacrifices they endured in the fighting were not in vain.

There were few signs of any major breakthroughs.

A member of the Palestinian delegation said that Israel was offering to ease the Gaza blockade by opening border crossings to some goods and people, but was insisting that it retain the right to limit the imports of material like cement, and chemical and metal products, which Israel says can be used for weapons manufacturing.

Hamas fears the arrangement would allow Israel to retain the right to close the crossings whenever it wished and is pushing for more Palestinian input into such decisions.

The Palestinian official also told The Associated Press that Israel wants to put off for an unspecified date any discussion on the opening of a Gaza seaport and airport and the release of Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.

The Palestinians, however, say they will only agree to postpone discussing the seaport and airport for "a month after a cease-fire agreement, with other issues like .... the prisoners," the official said. He spoke condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss negotiations with journalists.

He also said that Israel agrees to extend the maritime territory in which Gaza fisherman can venture out from two to four kilometers (three to six miles) and eventually to 19 kilometers (12 miles) from the shore, but that it was standing firm against Hamas' demand for unsupervised exports from the strip.

The Gaza blockade, imposed after Hamas seized control of the territory in 2007, has greatly limited the movement of Palestinians in and out of the territory of 1.8 million people, restricted the flow of goods into Gaza and blocked virtually all exports.

Israel says the blockade is needed to prevent arms smuggling, but critics say the measures have amounted to collective punishment.

Jamal Shobaky, the Palestinian ambassador in Cairo voiced disappointment with the Israeli stance, particularly on the question of the blockade. "What the Israelis have offered so far in the talks is not removing the blockade but rather easing it," he said.

The latest round of Gaza fighting was precipitated by massive Israeli arrests of Hamas members in the West Bank in the aftermath of the abduction and killing of three Israeli teenagers in June. Their deaths were followed by the slaying of a Palestinian youth in Jerusalem in what was a likely revenge attack.

(Side note: This is a MSN article, so please forgive any obvious grammar and spelling errors)
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 11:45:08
Link | Citer | R

Or you could stop linking shitty MSN instead of more reputable and equally easy to access sources.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 11:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Or you could stop linking shitty MSN instead of more reputable (Huff Post) and equally easy to access sources.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 11:49:19
Link | Citer | R

only 28 more signatures (of 75) needed to end the genocide!

meanwhile......over 100,000 people have signed this one
stophamasnow
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 11:58:53
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 12:03:10
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 12:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Or you could stop linking shitty MSN instead of more reputable and equally easy to access sources.
I have been accused for far too long for reading/watching Fox News, where I get most of my biased news reports from CNN and MSN.

That's why you only see me post MSN "stories."

But since you insisted

Quote:
Gaza (CNN) -- An Israeli delegation has been ordered home from talks in Cairo aimed at ending the conflict in Gaza, a senior Israeli official said Tuesday, shortly after the Israeli military blamed militants in Gaza for breaking a truce.

Three rockets fired from Gaza hit the Beer Sheva area in southern Israel Tuesday afternoon, the Israeli military said. No injuries were reported.

The rocket fire came only hours after the ceasefire was extended until the end of the day, as Palestinian and Israeli negotiators, struggling to reach a more lasting agreement, reported little progress.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the Israel Defense Forces to respond to the rockets, a senior Israeli official told CNN. An IDF statement shortly afterward said strikes were being carried out against targets in Gaza.

"Yet again, terrorists breach the ceasefire and renew fire at Israeli civilians from Hamas ruled Gaza Strip," Israel Defense Forces spokesman Peter Lerner said in the statement.

"This continued aggression will be addressed accordingly by the IDF; we will continue striking terror infrastructure, pursuing terrorists, and eliminating terror capabilities in the Gaza Strip, in order to restore security for the State of Israel."

It's not yet clear who fired the rockets from Gaza, and no group has claimed responsibility.

However, Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zouhri, in a text message sent to CNN, denied that Hamas was responsible.

"We have no information about rockets being shot from Gaza to Israel. The aim of the air strikes on Gaza is to stop the negotiations in Cairo. The Israeli occupation bears the responsibility for this," he said.

Five Palestinians, including two children, were wounded in an Israeli airstrike in Rafah, Ashraf al Qidra, spokesman for the Gaza health department, told CNN.

Al Aqsa TV reported airstrikes in northern and central Gaza, as well.

In Israel, warning sirens once again sounded in the Sdot Negev area, as Israel's missile defense system was seen intercepting rockets...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-19 13:17:29
Link | Citer | R

The negotiations broke down after one of the hammas representatives screamed
I WANT A PONY!!!!
at the end of their enormous list of ridiculous demands which includes a new airport, a new seaport, all the fish in the ocean and a classic GI Joe with the kungfu grip still in the box...

dear jesus, could you drop the hippie, sandal, cheek turning act for fifteen minutes and ask the big man to get old testament on these fools and fill the gaza strip with about a fifty feet of seawater?

thanks
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 13:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I WANT A PONY!!!!
not until you eat your peas and carrots.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 07:16:16
Link | Citer | R

You guys failed to keep the truce intact.

I am disappointed.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-20 07:31:29
Link | Citer | R

All ive got to say is Hamas shouldnt start something they cant finish and as for this sign in crap.... Hamas have had multiple opportunities to stop the bombing but they keep on firing rockets at Israel. So im not surprised the stophamasnow one has more signatures not that an online petition will mean much in this case.

Gaza casualties will be a hell if a lot lower if they stop putting missile and rocket batteries in public buildings that are housing the hundreds of homeless/refugees. Hamas have only got themselves to blame for that mess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 07:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Gaza casualties will be a hell if a lot lower if they stop putting missile and rocket batteries in public buildings that are housing the hundreds of homeless/refugees. Hamas have only got themselves to blame for that mess.
Except that is their strategy.

Launch rockets on top of schools and hospitals, evacuate as soon as the last rocket goes up, move to the nearest building that will not be affected by the fallout, and take pictures of the retaliation and blame Israel for bombing schools and hospitals with people inside.

Liberal media laps it up because it gives them the most revenue.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-20 08:07:25
Link | Citer | R

I think most of the people who can think for themselves know that lol.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-20 08:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You guys failed to keep the truce intact.

I am disappointed.
We failed to get to 200, it was forseen.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 08:21:44
Link | Citer | R

True, but some people here, especially Hamas apologists, turn a blind eye to that strategy and proclaim that Israel is evil.

So, basically every Muslim out there. And all anti-semites.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 10:01:46
Link | Citer | R

True, but some people here, especially Hamas apologists, turn a blind eye to that strategy and proclaim that Israel is evil.

So, basically every Muslim out there. And all anti-semites.
Self hating Arabs?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-20 10:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes I wonder if people here are Zilart or something.

How exactly can you make the statement that every Muslim thinks Israel is evil? For many, the argument is a simple land debate where outsiders are slowly pushing out the native population of the region thanks to ***orchestrated by a defunct superpower that wanted to throw the Jews somewhere after Europe wrecked itself.

Others go full tilt Quran up in 'ere with a war against all infidels or argue that people of the book should stick together, despite the quibbling differences.

Still more are critical of Israels land grab and racist tactics pulling from the playbook of a certain dude whose name gets thrown around far too much.

Stop trying to reduce a complex situation to a two-dimensional debate. Your brain can handle a bit more than that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 10:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes I wonder if people here are Zilart or something.

How exactly can you make the statement that every Muslim thinks Israel is evil? For many, the argument is a simple land debate where outsiders are slowly pushing out the native population of the region thanks to ***orchestrated by a defunct superpower that wanted to throw the Jews somewhere after Europe wrecked itself.

Others go full tilt Quran up in 'ere with a war against all infidels or argue that people of the book should stick together, despite the quibbling differences.

Still more are critical of Israels land grab and racist tactics pulling from the playbook of a certain dude whose name gets thrown around far too much.

Stop trying to reduce a complex situation to a two-dimensional debate. Your brain can handle a bit more than that.

Your generosity toward the human race exceeds my annual tax-deductable givings, for sure.

Edit: or wait, you're just talking to...KN? Yeah, he can probably handle it. But my statement reminds valid for the majority of people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 10:20:55
Link | Citer | R

How exactly can you make the statement that every Muslim thinks Israel is evil?
Because of the Qur'an said so.

Hey, you even said that too!

Stop trying to reduce a complex situation to a two-dimension debate.

Sorry, I was trying to simplify this issue to something even your brain can comprehend.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 10:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but Jews are supposed to keep Kosher, too.

Doesn't meant they all do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 10:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

You have to admit, the Islamic faith is more radical than most other religions (barring Spaghetti Monster).

The whole practice is radical. The posters who defend the Qur'an proves that much at least.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 10:39:51
Link | Citer | R

You have to admit, the Islamic faith is more radical than most other religions (barring Spaghetti Monster).

The whole practice is radical. The posters who defend the Qur'an proves that much at least.

Ehh. I guess. But even the Old Testament, followed precisely, is pretty *** brutal.
By fonewear 2014-08-20 10:41:13
Link | Citer | R

I tried reading the Qur'an but there wasn't enough vampire romance for me.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 10:41:52
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I tried reading the Qur'an but there wasn't enough vampire romance for me.

How about it?

At least the New Testament has a zombie.
By fonewear 2014-08-20 10:43:00
Link | Citer | R

I can't read it unless it is posted on the Huff Post.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 10:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Breaking news they are rioting in the Gaza Strip they are looting spices and incense at an alarming rate.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 10:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Ehh. I guess. But even the Old Testament, followed precisely, is pretty *** brutal.
At the time, you are correct.

Today, Islam is more radical than Judaism and Christianity.

Islam is still going through it's "new car" stage, where people driving it are driving it to the ground until it breaks.

At least Judaism is in "4th car" and Christianity in "3rd car" stages.
By fonewear 2014-08-20 10:48:09
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if Michael Jordan sells Air Jordan sandals in the Middle East ?
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119