Ramuh.Kailana
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-07-22 21:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
get both. problem solved!

Honestly? This is probably the best advice here :P 12 mil is not bad for some non R/M/E-DD geared for everything kind of person ^^
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2014-07-22 21:44:07
Link | Citer | R

always wear mahatma legs over jet seraweels
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-22 21:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said: »
get both. problem solved!

Honestly? This is probably the best advice here :P 12 mil is not bad for some non R/M/E-DD geared for everything kind of person ^^

Last I saw airlixir+2, it was around 500k so about 3m for each max augmented.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-22 21:58:35
Link | Citer | R

If you’re a WHM know that there is only one path for Bokwus gloves and slops. That is Path C for the best melee hands and legs White Mage can use! ^^

Meow :3
[+]
By Lyncath 2014-07-22 22:43:24
Link | Citer | R

Geomancers,
Do not use Geo-Haste, the indiclosure version is more than enough. Geo-Frailty and other debuffs will almost always be more useful through use of JA's.

Corsairs,
Unless the mob is incredibly high level, such as Divine Might II on Very Difficult, then you have no excuse not to shoot your gun and contribute to damage.

Rune Fencers,
You can tank stuff but you need to have incredibly good equipment. You have other sets than your Lv109 AF/Relic armor, find them.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-07-22 23:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Can addon/plugin tweaks be a part of this? Hope these are ok in general to post.

Autoexec and chatmon can do a whole pleothora of things.

Some of the easier things (and my favorite) for chatmon, cause sometimes I just zone out and stop watching timers on whm.

<trigger from="All" match="*Haste effect wears off.*" sound="C:/Program Files (x86)/Windower4/plugins/beep.wav" />
--- Plays a ding whenever a haste wears off.
<trigger from="All" match="*reraise effect wears off.*" sound="C:/Program Files (x86)/Windower4/plugins/uhoh.wav" />
--- Again, plays a noise when my Reraise wears off. (which happens to be the old ICQ 'uh oh' noise! :P)

You can also add alarms for when your debuffs wear off.

You'll have to find some .wav files and download them, and make sure the path is accurate.

Autoexec (credit to this goes to someone else in my LS)
Make a ffxi in-game macro that looks like
/console autoexec register tp_1??? input //WeaponSkillName t

-Will automatically use your ws when you have the appropriate amount of tp (in that case, being anywhere between 1000-1999). Recommended to have a /console reload Autoexec macro beside it, to turn it off/stop it. This is pretty useful in situations where I wanna be lazy after popping jas.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-22 23:18:21
Link | Citer | R

people should recast haste before it wears. everything else is golden though
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-07-22 23:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Stop using your worthless Warcry right after a Warrior uses Blood Rage/Warcry.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-22 23:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Stop using your worthless Warcry right after a Warrior uses Blood Rage/Warcry.

That... and stop using warcry before you even engage! People who use warcry before the mob even gets pulled, zomg.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-22 23:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Tinhaspa Path A are perfectly fine as long as you know what events you actually want to do with Monk. For instance I only use my Monk for events that are Dakuwaqa or lower, accuracy will do nothing for me, STR/Attack will. That being said if you use your Monk for harder events, Tinhaspa B are by far the better option.
you TP'ing in Thaumas coat, wind buffet, relic legs, af feet for white dmg with them? if you're having to swap those spots out for acc, then you can use the acc from path b
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-22 23:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
please don't try to defend path a tinhaspa, you're embarassing yourself

Path A is fine for a monk that uses the job to, say, farm Salvage, or for puppetmaster, who is really only useful on fodder. It's not ideal for other stuff but when you have situations where Path B's accuracy does nothing, Tinhaspa Path A are better than Oatixtur.
By Ophannus 2014-07-23 00:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Paladins, you can make a full enmity set (+70 enmity in gear) quite easily and hit the 100 enmity cap with crusade. You'd be surprised for how long you can hold hate against DD before they reach hate cap when you use an enmity set for provoke/flash/warcry/rampart/cures/shield bash/sentinel. Wasn't sure if Palisade/Intervene generate enmity but I toss it on for good measure anyway. After next patch when they increase the +enmity gear cap, plds will be able to cap hate in under 10 seconds by using all their JA under sentinel with the proper gear. When people say dd cap hate instantly theyre full of sh*t. While its true a good dd will cap hate sooner or later its not as fast as it seems, remember SE virtually halved or quartered enmity produced from damage while doubling flash's enmity.

If you're in no danger of being one shotted, forgo defender, make sure you have sushi and a madrigal or two, a good ws set and a fresh enlight, pop berserk and dish out some 2-3k Chant du Cygnes. Pld can actually do decent damage on Difficult phantom gems fights with a berserked cdc due to fencer's tp bonus and crit bonus(almost always beats a 1300ish atonement unless your acc sucks)

Also cover reduces the target's enmity by some value, not unlike collaborator.

Lastly, while divine emblem increases flash enmity, if you're already at or near cap just use Holy2 and stack on the mab/mdmg/divine gear, my Holy II with divine emblem on none Phantom Gem fights(those have heavy mdt depending in difficulty) deal about 3800.
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-07-23 00:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Tinhaspa Path A are perfectly fine as long as you know what events you actually want to do with Monk. For instance I only use my Monk for events that are Dakuwaqa or lower, accuracy will do nothing for me, STR/Attack will. That being said if you use your Monk for harder events, Tinhaspa B are by far the better option.
you TP'ing in Thaumas coat, wind buffet, relic legs, af feet for white dmg with them? if you're having to swap those spots out for acc, then you can use the acc from path b
For everything below Tojil eva, yes I am using every piece of non acc gear I can. For Tojil all you need to do is switch Thaumas Coat to Qaaxo Body, which in all honesty is probably better in the first place because the DPS gap is almost non existent between the two and one is ilvl. Monk has too much accuracy as is with rotating JAs, and with the addition of spells like Distract the STR Tins get even better. The current Tojil set I have posted many times in the Monk thread overcaps accuracy by quite a bit in fact.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-23 00:51:51
Link | Citer | R

WHM's please stop using Sublimation if you have a RDM in your PT, which actually happens again now that Haste II/Flurry II/Distract II are implemented. You're /sch Sublimation is not better the Refresh II with Empy Legs and duration enhancement equipment. -.-;
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 00:54:42
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
WHM's please stop using Sublimation if you have a RDM in your PT, which actually happens again now that Haste II/Flurry II/Distract II are implemented. You're /sch Sublimation is not better the Refresh II with Empy Legs and duration enhancement equipment. -.-;

Some are more comfortable using sublimation and there are times when it's better for other reasons than MP recovery. I generally ask which they prefer and am ready to throw refresh when they fire off sublimation.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-23 00:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Other dd are perfectly fine for delve 1.0; stop shouting for 3h for mnk/run only please.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-23 01:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Also, people need to stop crying whenever a RDM doesn't have Phalanx II merited, Unless it's 5/5 it's not better than Phalanx I... and even than it's only 1 damage more. which isn't worth 5 whole modification point.

If you need Phalanx RDM can go /sch and Accession that ***for you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 01:08:29
Link | Citer | R

if i have to ask for refresh, then its already failure. usually ill know if i can expect the rdm to keep it up full time (if it drops and stays down for a period of time then what am i not using sublimation for, I hate lazy mages!) that goes for any buff or erase/na spell. if i have to ask for it, you have failed me as a player.(ask for it meaning on a regular basis, not asking for it in the sense to remind someone to put it on their list of things theyre to do after/during a stressful situation. even then though, thats when it should be counted on the most)

haste orders and the like should be established before an event begins, and if no one brings it up, you know that the party isnt going go well, or its your group of friends that you go with all the time

edit: things like the above are not an opinion, its fact. if youre the whm and the brd goes and pulls tojil and dies and cant get up (even though he should be sleeping the adds he got away, from the party enough so he can keep hasting his targets) you should haste his haste targets before you get asked. this is not debatable. you shouldnt have to be asked to do things youre expected to do.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 01:14:28
Link | Citer | R

another thing: if youre doing shark as sch, and all youre melee's get death'd, *** use the new sch 1h on yourself, run in before it *** moves, put on your dt idle set and tank it while the party recovers. you can keep yourself fully cured, and with your back to the wall plus correct timing in casting cures/nukes, you can actually do considerable damage during that time as well.

is any of this difficult for people to understand? ive done this type of stuff on a few occasions while two boxing, so i cant imagine its that difficult for someone who isnt.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-23 02:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Tavnazian Taco make good mage food nowadays on anything you are expecting to get hit. With the new damage formulas the +150 Defense migates a notable amount of damage.

It will also compensate for the usage of a few non ilevel pieces like WHMs using sets with Orison Body +2 and Orison Legs +2.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2014-07-23 02:29:53
Link | Citer | R

Stop playing PUP (sorry I had to)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-23 02:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Lyncath said: »
Corsairs,
Unless the mob is incredibly high level, such as Divine Might II on Very Difficult, then you have no excuse not to shoot your gun and contribute to damage.

Here's a good "excuse"... COR doesn't have RNG's enmity tools (Decoy Shot, relic WS), which is pretty important on fights where ranged damage is key. Don't be that guy who wipes the backline because they want to show they can pew pew like a RNG, when the party REALLY wanted you there for dem' dice. Just because you CAN hit the mob doesn't mean it's always a good idea.

On melee friendly stuff though, heck yeah grab your daggers and get to work. COR/DNC is a lot more helpful than /mage in many many situations.

Quote:
Rune Fencers,
You can tank stuff but you need to have incredibly good equipment. You have other sets than your Lv109 AF/Relic armor, find them.

On the other hand... People who shout for an hour for PLD only, a well geared RUN CAN tank things and it will probably be more fun to go with a RUN than to sit in Port Jeuno shouting for a PLD. It's a magic defense machine, can break PDT-50% cap with either JSE sword (PDT II -5%) or the amazing Ergon GS (PDT II -25%), can give AoE elemental resist and fast cast buffs to party members, and can also add more damage than a PLD.

Not to say it is always just as good as a PLD and can be used in exactly the same situations, as that's clearly not the case (though sometimes it's great, like the new Shadow Lord Phantom Gem fight). But you wouldn't judge MNK's potential by the guy in random 109 AF and sparks gear and weird evasion stuff, would you? So don't judge a well geared 119 RUN by the person who doesn't bother to put together a good PDT set or upgrade their gear.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xylus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: DaDrifter
By Phoenix.Xylus 2014-07-23 03:10:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
Stop playing PUP (sorry I had to)

Suck Less!!!
By Creecreelo 2014-07-23 03:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Also, people need to stop crying whenever a RDM doesn't have Phalanx II merited, Unless it's 5/5 it's not better than Phalanx I... and even than it's only 1 damage more. which isn't worth 5 whole modification point.

If you need Phalanx RDM can go /sch and Accession that ***for you.

Both Phalanx I and Phalanx II cap at -35 dmg at 500 skill.

Edit: And Phalanx+ gear doesn't work for other players, only yourself. (I'd imagine if another player wore a Phalanx+ piece and you casted Phalanx on them, it'd boost the effect similar to Stoneskin gear, but Idk for sure @_@)
By vaness 2014-07-23 04:06:19
Link | Citer | R

if i have to ask for refresh, then its already failure. usually ill know if i can expect the rdm to keep it up full time (if it drops and stays down for a period of time then what am i not using sublimation for, I hate lazy mages!) that goes for any buff or erase/na spell. if i have to ask for it, you have failed me as a player.(ask for it meaning on a regular basis, not asking for it in the sense to remind someone to put it on their list of things theyre to do after/during a stressful situation. even then though, thats when it should be counted on the most)

haste orders and the like should be established before an event begins, and if no one brings it up, you know that the party isnt going go well, or its your group of friends that you go with all the time

edit: things like the above are not an opinion, its fact. if youre the whm and the brd goes and pulls tojil and dies and cant get up (even though he should be sleeping the adds he got away, from the party enough so he can keep hasting his targets) you should haste his haste targets before you get asked. this is not debatable. you shouldnt have to be asked to do things youre expected to do.
Hmm I wouldn't want to play with someone like you. You definitely don't consider what the mage's situation is. They may be weakened (long timers), out of mp or simply busy saving someone else ***.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 04:23:45
Link | Citer | R

i do. in fact, those situations are what i would call a support jobs discretionary role. lets just say its a bard in a case for example, in a tojil delve run. in those cases the bard should pick up the haste and cure (i mean, they should be anyways but moreso here) as if their main job is whm (again, they should be anyways). you are correct, and i find it sad that you arent accompanied by such support because your ability to see that those problems exist means you have a high game iq which would be heavily complimented with such support.
By Wordspoken 2014-07-23 04:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
Other dd are perfectly fine for delve 1.0; stop shouting for 3h for mnk/run only please.
Cool, can I come DNC?
[+]
By Bariman 2014-07-23 04:50:12
Link | Citer | R

I would say that makes a pretty good argument for marchx2 during SV.
With that your WHM and BRD can focus on curing and you don't have to worry about haste wearing off during the fight and not being re-applied due to cure spam or party switching or something like that.

Minuet III +5 is +65 attack which is pretty small after berserk+minuetx2+rcb+ any defense downs (dia + shell crusher).

Other fun facts:

DNC is probably one of the best party DDs around with haste samba (10% JA haste for everyone) and box step (def-5 up to 13% when fully stacked and stacks with other defense downs) on top of being an SC machine.

BRD is the arguably the worst support job for rangers. For AA fights, unless you need scherzo grab a RDM or COR and you get a ton more benefit. Minuetx3 even at +5 is +217 attack and prelude+4x2 is +90 acc. Compare to saboteur distract II (-80 eva on NMs) or hunter's roll(+90 acc on job-boosted +5 XI roll). Both RDM and COR offer much more with flurry II and chaos roll.

Edit for Ophannus: I love DE holy II on PLD. Apparently it causes Amnesia for 30ish seconds on non-NM undead (Thanks Martel for that).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 04:56:56
Link | Citer | R

its easy enough to twobox whm and mnk (not botting the whm) and be able to curaga3, alt tab, ws, alt tab, curaga3->haste, alt tab, ws, ect ect. if a 2boxer can do it, theres no reason that you should be gimping the party out of a song.

as an additonal point hydra kofte > rcb btw. food is the most expensive gear spot. why would you take -70ish def in that slot? or at least magma steak. slacking in this slot is the same thing as not augmenting your skirmish gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14