Obamacare Was Just Dealt A Major Loss In Court.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
Obamacare was just dealt a major loss in court.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-07-22 18:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
When you live in a nation where you make more money producing children than to work full time, that is when the working class starts to shrink.
You can't support this.
but every American has access to quality education and medical care
Delusional. The word quality doesn't belong in that statement.
He means compared to trying to do the same thing living in a shithole mud village in the middle of the Nicaraguan jungles.

At least, that's the only way his nonsense remotely makes sense.

We could also get into the semantics of the word "access," like how Canadians genuinely do have medical care available to them but it can be such a long wait that the more affluent opt to seek care in the US instead where money lets you skip the line. I was educated privately, so I had access to good education, as does anyone else. Provided they have money, of course. No one said "unlimited and unconditional access," right? That's the sort of *** spin that tends to zoom right past the drooling dog-*** that pass for the average voter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-22 18:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Not really a major blow for the ACA as it is a major blow to Lazy States.
One of the key points of the law is to force people to pay for their insurance, but get reimbursed for it. By removing the subsidy, the citizens will now have to either pay for their own insurance or pay the penalty. It also leads to an eventual rise of the cost of insurance and medical costs due to people who "pay the penalty", go without insurance, and stiff the hospital on the bill (which is the problem to begin with!). Real good way to solve the initial problem there!

These "lazy states" are the ones who didn't approve of the law in the first place! Or are you going to say that lack of approval is laziness?

you obviously have no clue. States that didn't opt in didn't receive anything. States that opted in but did not set up exchanges and piggy backed on the federal exchange are the "lazy states".
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-22 19:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Triffle said: »
Good luck in your endeavors.

Please stop enjoying the fruits of our united states of america endeavors, including but not limited too... the internet, cell phones, computers, automobiles, electricity, hamburgers, hot dogs, apple pie, baseball, modern medicine, sterile operating rooms, latex gloves for surgeons, rock and roll, BBQ, blues, jazz, and the list is endless. from interchangeable parts to the cotton gin there isn't any part of your stupid life we haven't made better.

give it all up or stfu

feel free to keep all the canandian contributions to the world/civilization.. justin beiber and alanis morissette (and the creepy guy from full house that did the voices)

thanks
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-22 19:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Please stop enjoying the fruits of our united states of america endeavors, including but not limited too... the internet, cell phones, computers, automobiles, electricity, hamburgers, hot dogs, apple pie, baseball, modern medicine, sterile operating rooms, latex gloves for surgeons, rock and roll, BBQ, blues, jazz, and the list is endless. from interchangeable parts to the cotton gin there isn't any part of your stupid life we haven't made better.

give it all up or stfu

feel free to keep all the canandian contributions to the world/civilization.. justin beiber and alanis morissette (and the creepy guy from full house that did the voices)

thanks
We'll keep Justin Beiber, Alanis Morisette, and Dave Coulier, but you have to keep Rob Ford when we send him your way, and you have to keep Celine Dion.
By fonewear 2014-07-22 21:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Oh yea America has better serial killers !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-22 23:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
“American Scrap” (correspondent: David Choe) - Cities like Detroit and Cleveland have found themselves at the forefront of a new phenomenon: scrapping. People left behind are literally ripping apart old school, houses, hospitals and factories for raw materials to hawk to local scrap yards for cash. Scrap metal is one of the U.S.' biggest exports, with billions of dollars' worth traveling to China every year, where it's invested into their infrastructure. The price for a pound of copper, for example, is about five times more than it was in 2002. David Choe looks into the life cycle of scrap metal, from the people who risk their lives to find it, to the yards that buy it, all the way to the Chinese traders who take it back home to build their economy. "
And your point is...what again?

That we should hold on the scrap metal that is not being used at all and is not planned on being used period because you said so?

The point you missed which you asked me to point out is that your infrastructure is terrible and you are doing nothing about it. Instead you take apart your cities instead of fixing them, to help China grow. It makes you look like a third world country akin to a bombed out Middle-Eastern village. Instead of being condescending, maybe you should try remembering the things you posted 10 minutes ago. If you are having problems with your memory, I suggest seeing a doctor if you have the money for it since I have no idea what your insurance covers or even if you have any.

The fact that the Rust Belt is basically just a graveyard for American industry is a symptom of greater problems. It's the widening gap between the rich and the poor, and the shrinking middle class, that are truly worrisome. Social mobility in America is a thing of the past, and access to things like quality education, medical care, modern infrastructure, and so on has become restricted to a smaller group of people.

We are becoming more like a heavily-armed third-world nation. But I don't think you did a great job elaborating the "how".
Thanks, I think we all needed that laugh.

The only thing that is shrinking is the working class. When you live in a nation where you make more money producing children than to work full time, that is when the working class starts to shrink.

Plus, I don't know what you are smoking, but every American has access to quality education and medical care. To say otherwise just shows how little you know.

I don't think the facts on this are very funny. These trends aren't some that I want my children to inherit. And as for your comment about education and medical care, you are totally out of touch with reality in this country.

For what it's worth, I actually agree with you regarding the working class, but I disagree with you on the cause. I see it in our community, fewer people are working or looking for work, and more of them are going for all of the government aid that they can get. Whether that's Social Security, Section 8 housing, whatever, local agencies are really being hammered.
By Fumiku 2014-07-22 23:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
...you do know what synopsis means, right?
You're such a miserable small person. No one missed you that week you were gone.

And you're such a hypocrite. Don't act like condescending comments are KN's territory only.

I was wondering how small that it made him to comment on how small KN is.......
[+]
By Fumiku 2014-07-22 23:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

give it all up or stfu

thanks

LEAVE DAVE COULIER ALONE!

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-22 23:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Fumiku said: »
You're such a miserable small person. No one missed you that week you were gone.

And you're such a hypocrite. Don't act like condescending comments are KN's territory only.

Pointing out the terminal stick up his *** that the entire community, even that outside of P&R, is aware of isn't really a reflection on me.
By Fumiku 2014-07-23 00:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Pointing out the terminal stick up his *** that the entire community, even that outside of P&R, is aware of isn't really a reflection on me.

Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-23 01:00:01
Link | Citer | R

I love it when Pleebo tries to defend himself. So adorable.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-23 01:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure that sentence made sense.

Keep making excuses for and enabling his infantile behavior. You guys should sign up to be mods here.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-23 01:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Maybe if you ever called out your leftist buddies for infantile behavior, I might take anything you said against KN seriously. Maybe then you'd be less of telltale hypocrite too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-23 01:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Next time one of my "leftist buddies" makes a fake quitting thread/cry for attention, I'll PM my disapproving post to you first thing.
[+]
By Fumiku 2014-07-23 01:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Dude really don't kid yourself. You were totally taking a jab at him.

The funny part about that food fight was that Tiffie or w/e her name was called him HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE first and you didn't say a word to Tiffie. When he tried to talk to her condescendingly, you jumped on his *** like herpes at a sex club.

And I completely understood that sentence. You just didn't understand the picture.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-23 02:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Fine, dropping it. My fault for letting any of this get the better of me.
By Altimaomega 2014-07-23 02:50:41
Link | Citer | R

By Fumiku 2014-07-23 02:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

I'd probably say there is beef between you two, however that was unnecessary! Man said he was done so we should just drop it and get our pull-ups on.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 07:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Next time one of my "leftist buddies" makes a fake quitting thread/cry for attention, I'll PM my disapproving post to you first thing.
So sorry that you fell for it.

Maybe you were disappointed that I didn't mention you by name on my "farewell" post. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, since that is the most important thing in the world.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
And as for your comment about education and medical care, you are totally out of touch with reality in this country.

You know how to read and write? You know how to do math? (I'm doubting this one) You know how to critically think?

You did get an education in this country for "free" (your parents paid for it, and you will pay for your children's and other children's education eventually). I realize that people who call American education crap haven't gone beyond the 4th grade when it comes to realizing that, hey, you aren't the center of the universe. Here is a clue for all of you who think that the quality of education of America sucks or is the worst in the nation: You are what you think. If you think the education sucks, that's only because you suck at learning (which explains a lot about the Obama apologists on this website).

As for medical care, for crying out loud, America is the leading country when it comes to R&D and developing new methods for treatments. More than likely, if there is going to be a cure for cancer or AIDS, it will come from American research. That is one of the reasons why healthcare is so expensive.

One of the reasons why we aren't "ranked" number 1 in total healthcare in the world is because those who rank healthcare also use how people take care of themselves, and we do that really poorly. Our services are fine, our research is outstanding, our doctors are great (but overworked now), we just can't take care of ourselves like we should. I blame those who need to be told what to do on a daily basis because they can't think for themselves (kindof like those who say that our education system sucks).
By Vudoku 2014-07-23 08:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Kingnobody- I have read many of your posts (over several years). You always refer to "liberals" in a derogatory way. This confuses me. You dont have a clue what "conservative" is in reference to well, um anything.
I am guessing here, but I am fairly certain I have many more years on this earth than you. NO NO this is not i am older wiser thing, but simply to point out that I was raised by a true conservative, and I have yet to see a representation of such in the last 30 years.

So, my point is how can you be so critical of "liberals" when I can state with absolute certainty, that you are no "conservative". Remember, I have read many, many of your posts, and yes I have advanced past 4th grade, so dont pretend that the consistent theme of all your posts are mostly vague generalizations (or as some "conservatives" like to say, facts).

I am truly sorry that you will both take this as unfounded criticism and a personal attack. It is not my intent at all. You are clearly not in the group you referenced in your education rant.

Just an example for you.

A true conservation believes in small/incremental adjusts in all things financial. Not massive taxes cuts passed through budget reconciliation- after first realizing that you have to change the laws in order to pass said law.

I wish the best for you as I do all people, I hope you find some balance in your thinking.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-23 08:49:46
Link | Citer | R

LEAVE DAVE COULIER ALONE!

NO!!!

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
and you have to keep Celine Dion.

Celine Dion is dead. The reason she is still singing "I will always love you" in vegas to empty auditoriums is... that is her personal hell.

It's complicated.....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 09:23:45
Link | Citer | R

Vudoku said: »
I have read many of your posts (over several years). You always refer to "liberals" in a derogatory way. This confuses me. You dont have a clue what "conservative" is in reference to well, um anything.
I use "liberalism" in the same manner as several posters here have used "conservatism." I was not the one who started this, but I'm dishing out what was given to me.

I am guessing here, but I am fairly certain I have many more years on this earth than you. NO NO this is not i am older wiser thing, but simply to point out that I was raised by a true conservative, and I have yet to see a representation of such in the last 30 years.

That is because conservatism goes beyond human nature. We will never see true conservatism because the whole concept requires us to not think about ourselves, but the current and future generations and preserving/improving our current way of life through personal responsibility. All liberals and conservatives are selfish, greedy and irresponsible when it comes to our present and future situations.

You will never see true conservatism. But you will always see true liberalism, as that is nothing but waste and demonetization of a group of people.

So, my point is how can you be so critical of "liberals" when I can state with absolute certainty, that you are no "conservative". Remember, I have read many, many of your posts, and yes I have advanced past 4th grade, so dont pretend that the consistent theme of all your posts are mostly vague generalizations (or as some "conservatives" like to say, facts).
I'm critical about everyone, just liberals most of all because they post a greater danger to our society than any other group can. We are regressing back to pre-Industrial age with their policies.

But I'm sorry that you haven't learned anything beyond the 12th grade. I know that a lot of my posts require a little bit of critical thinking and also a lot of secondary information you wouldn't get in a public education background, but I don't fault you for that.

I am truly sorry that you will both take this as unfounded criticism and a personal attack. It is not my intent at all.
Yes it was. If you didn't intend this to be a personal attack, you wouldn't have posted this in the first place.

A true conservation believes in small/incremental adjusts in all things financial. Not massive taxes cuts passed through budget reconciliation- after first realizing that you have to change the laws in order to pass said law.
I know that. But you have to understand that you need these events in order to quickly get results. If we did nothing but small and incremental adjustments, you wouldn't see the results for decades, and which president now is going to stand that?

We have come to the age where instant results matter, and the population demands instant gratification. When our presidents will go beyond said gratification and actually lead, who knows?
By fonewear 2014-07-23 09:30:14
Link | Citer | R

To summarize thread: Something something something personal opinions something something something.

Edit: Canada is still irrelevant to a topic about America.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-23 09:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Ouch my feelings.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 09:55:17
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Edit: Canada is still irrelevant to a topic about America.
ftfy
By fonewear 2014-07-23 09:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Canada is pretty good at hockey I guess for some people that is important.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-23 09:57:40
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Canada is pretty good at hockey I guess for some people that is important.
Yeah. I would make a sports joke, but then again, I'm a basketball fan, so yeah....
By fonewear 2014-07-23 09:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Canada is the white bread of countries. Cheap doughy and full of white people.

Hoping for a bit of this though.

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11