Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synthesis interruptus
Synthesis interruptus
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2014-07-20 13:47:32
Link | Citer | R

In the last few minutes I've had eight times where the chat log says synthesis interrupted, you lost the crystal and materials you were using. I've had this happen before a long long time ago but it was only one time, not several times almost all in a row. Any one else have this problem? Its frustrating. Id rather break than this crap. At least with a break you have a chance of NOT losing your materials.
 Valefor.Mithano
Serveur: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2014-07-20 14:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Do your synthesis in your mog house, that'll minimize server lag and what not that can occasionally screw things up.

Other than that ... no idea.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-07-20 14:28:35
Link | Citer | R

its always annoying when that happens. But ive never had it happen that many times close to each other.

Tho i agree with mithano. Unless im skilling up a craft at a guild or doing a single synth or so; i always do my crafting in my MH
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2014-07-20 17:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Must have been a brief problem, haven't had it since (knocks on wood). Thanx for the advice :D
 Cerberus.Halticus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-07-20 18:50:23
Link | Citer | R

I had this issue before last summer, 3/5 synths I received that same message and lost all mats. I never found out why it happened but ever since then, no other issues. If anyone ever figures out the problem with it, I'd be interested in knowing the source.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-20 18:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Halticus said: »
I had this issue before last summer, 3/5 synths I received that same message and lost all mats. I never found out why it happened but ever since then, no other issues. If anyone ever figures out the problem with it, I'd be interested in knowing the source.

Normally when the server receives too much data and you seem to be "DC'd" to the server so it assumes interupted because you read the packet to say NQ synth, DCIng used to save your mats many years ago SE added this to prevent that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-07-20 18:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Normally when the server receives too much data and you seem to be "DC'd" to the server so it assumes interupted because you read the packet to say NQ synth, DCIng used to save your mats many years ago SE added this to prevent that.
I see, that makes sense. MH seems to be the way to go like the others here stated. Thanks for info Conagh.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-21 11:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I see, that makes sense. MH seems to be the way to go like the others here stated. Thanks for info Conagh.

I am nothing if not a fountain of useless facts about a game thats 11 + years old...

If only I had spent my time to become a mad scientist with insane IT programming skills and an infinite money pool instead, then perhaps we might of had this . . .