First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-04 01:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Better off subbing RUN for Tenebrae and Pflug, which offers not only better light resistance, but also like 30% more status resistance on top of RUN's native resist everything trait.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2014-09-04 02:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Would personally love to see what a Solo RUN can do... Especially if it's a RUN like Slyph's own Hao(JP), with the Ergon weapon.
Even if someone could record and upload a attempt of AV on RUN would be amazing ^^;

This issue i'm having is that it's difficult to place what is unsoloable by all and what is not.

For example, a WHM/NIN or RDM/NIN couldn't solo Laidly Laurence (I personally play VW solo without temps, or as little temp use as possible, Also play Melee WHM as a main.) without having a bunch of mules there to sack damage, and be afk.
But a NIN or a Bard probably could with some of there abilities, such as one of the NIN spells or Scherzo...
Leaving it a bit humming and harring about many NMs... if you get what I mean.

A NM i doubt people could solo is some of the singular NMs outside of delve, Such as Mastop, Tax'et etc.
But i know some of them can be soloed, such as the raptor, the Matamata and Sinaa, just to name a few. (All of these have related videos on youtube.)
But of cause this is all conducted research over the last few minutes.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-05 01:30:47
Link | Citer | R

RUN has no problem handling AV solo, even without the Ergon weapon. I suppose I could make a video.

A lot of things that are unsoloable usually have a few tricks like:
1) Instant KO or needle-type moves
2) Powerful, accurate status effects like terror, petrify, amnesia, etc
3) Has too much movement speed/draw in, or otherwise can't be consistently bound/gravity'd/slept
4) Heals itself faster than you can hurt it
5) Limited fighting time (ie: 30 minute BCs)
[+]
 Phoenix.Segagamer
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Segagamer
By Phoenix.Segagamer 2014-09-05 04:50:56
Link | Citer | R

You can take Tojil off the list now.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-05 05:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Good job.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2014-09-05 05:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Mischief has also solo'd Utkux lately
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-05 06:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Tojil is silence.
[+]
 Bahamut.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2014-09-05 14:45:07
Link | Citer | R

And now Wopket just died to Mischief solo
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-05 14:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Not that it would make a HUGE difference, but it's hard to call something a solo when you're obviously using JA0wait and kiting with movement hacks invalidates it somewhat.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-05 16:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Not that it would make a HUGE difference, but it's hard to call something a solo when you're obviously using JA0wait and kiting with movement hacks invalidates it somewhat.

I forget that people use movement hacks, but even without them, it's possible to still kite/nuke or use JA's like Quick Draw while regularly changing gear to avoid the animation holding you in place. I used to do this with COR and solo beastmen stronghold NMs back at the 75 cap. As long as it doesn't regain health, outrun you/bind you, or regain health, it's no problem.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-05 16:11:37
Link | Citer | R

As I remember, Tojil doesn't move particularly fast and he's slowed even more by his spellcasting and JA behavior. So, it could be done without. I just can't see taking him off the list based on a solo where someone is using those tools, not to take anything away from him, he obviously could have done it without them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-05 16:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Tell him to change that ugly background plz.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-05 16:52:55
Link | Citer | R

The dude is JA hacking.. come on..
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-09-05 17:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Yes. That's not a fair solo. A solo should not include all of these aids. It's clearly possible, but more risky. A solo should be done so even console players with zero plugins could solo it. Saying "derp" at the end was rather fitting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-05 18:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Not a fan of 3rd party tools while soloing. Takes away from the accomplishment. No plugins, Addons, or hacks in solo videos should be a rule. No battlemod, gearswap, distance, recast, not even scripts(Which I used in many of my older videos, have since stopped.), and of course not ja0wait or movement speed, that's just a given.

Defeats the whole purpose of recording & doing the fights in the first place. I'm not sure about other soloers reasoning but when I make a video it's 1 to test my abilities & 2 to show others what is possible against some of the hardest fights in game, using tools completely rapes the whole point.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I forget that people use movement hacks, but even without them, it's possible to still kite/nuke or use JA's like Quick Draw while regularly changing gear to avoid the animation holding you in place.
While it is possible, it takes perfect timing, and can easily mess up if the mob locks your animation with a melee or spell.
By Refia1 2014-09-05 18:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »
Not a fan of 3rd party tools while soloing. Takes away from the accomplishment. No plugins, Addons, or hacks in solo videos should be a rule. No battlemod, gearswap, distance, recast, not even scripts(Which I used in many of my older videos, have since stopped.), and of course not ja0wait or movement speed, that's just a given.

Defeats the whole purpose of recording & doing the fights in the first place. I'm not sure about other soloers reasoning but when I make a video it's 1 to test my abilities & 2 to show others what is possible against some of the hardest fights in game, using tools completely rapes the whole point.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I forget that people use movement hacks, but even without them, it's possible to still kite/nuke or use JA's like Quick Draw while regularly changing gear to avoid the animation holding you in place.
While it is possible, it takes perfect timing, and can easily mess up if the mob locks your animation with a melee or spell.

Didn't you use clipper to solo Dark Ixion or something a while back? xD lil contradicting huh? I dont see a problem with battlemod, gearswap or recast(timers?) or scripts(esp now with the new thing xD) I think no ability lock is way over the top tho for a legit solo.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-05 18:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Very contradicting! I know, Which is why I've removed the vid and switched from PC to 360. I'll admit it, I fell in the "Cheating isn't bad FFXI phase" but have since changed my view on the matter. Nowadays I play completely vanilla.

1:41:15 ~ 1:41:30 you can see a demonstration of gear swapping into a JA to not get locked. Can't compare it to something that completely removes the lock all together.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-09-06 08:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Also, i noted that at the end, he didnt receive plasm and the message "the time was reseted to 6 min" didnt show. Maybe filtered, but noawaday, with some "stuffs" being reveleated, idk.
 Bahamut.Minah
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Minah 2014-09-06 16:52:06
Link | Citer | R

I was there to help him get into the zone, and I got plasm for the kill. Might be a battlemod issue.
Pantafernando said: »

Also, i noted that at the end, he didnt receive plasm and the message "the time was reseted to 6 min" didnt show. Maybe filtered, but noawaday, with some "stuffs" being reveleated, idk.

[07:00:23]SPECIALCODEx1F>’You have 10 minutes (Earth time) to complete the battle.
[07:02:16]The oppressive energy passes.
[07:02:16]SPECIALCODEx1F>’Your time in the battle has been reset to 6 minutes.
[07:02:16]You receive 30000 corpuscles of mweya plasm.
[07:02:16]Obtained key item: Flame-scarred skull.
[07:02:17]You are too far from the battle to gain experience.
[07:02:17]You find a yaoyotl helm on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find a Buramenk'ah on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find a Buramenk'ah on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find a gabbrath horn on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find a slice of gabbrath meat on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find an airlixir +1 on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find an airlixir +1 on the Tojil.
[07:02:17]You find a beitetsu parcel on the Tojil.
[07:02:24](Mischief) derp
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-09-17 07:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Seeing as there's a general consensus that the solos on Tojil, Utkux and Wopket could not have been accomplished without the use of 3rd party tools, I think it's safe to keep them on the list.

That still means that there are three main activities that can't be fully soloed, ironically it's basically the bosses of each of the activities that can't be beat solo: Legion, Delve and High-Tier Battlefields.

Just 27 monsters left guys!
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-09-29 08:02:02
Link | Citer | R

I've listed the different difficulties of High Tier Battlefields separately, seeing as they behave similarly to how Odin I and Odin II behave in terms of difficulty.

That means that there are 41 monsters on the list now.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-29 16:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katairyu said: »
Seeing as there's a general consensus that the solos on Tojil, Utkux and Wopket could not have been accomplished without the use of 3rd party tools, I think it's safe to keep them on the list.

That still means that there are three main activities that can't be fully soloed, ironically it's basically the bosses of each of the activities that can't be beat solo: Legion, Delve and High-Tier Battlefields.

Just 27 monsters left guys!

They could have been accomplished without tools, they just weren't done without tools in the examples presented. I'd still consider them soloable without tools, but it would give less margin for error and require even more competent help getting to them in a timely fashion.
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2014-09-30 07:15:36
Link | Citer | R

They could have been accomplished without tools, they just weren't done without tools in the examples presented. I'd still consider them soloable without tools, but it would give less margin for error and require even more competent help getting to them in a timely fashion.

I understand what you're getting at but there's too many people who disagree in the thread and there's no evidence to suggest otherwise, so I don't believe I can really alter the list.

Although it's a shame as although 3rd party programs are being used quite clearly, it's not breaking the game in any way, it's just allowing for more precision and speed than what is humanly possible. Between you and me, I'd personally like to count them as Solos, especially seeing as how Mischief claims (and I believe them too) that all Delve Bosses except Muyingwa are soloable.

---

EDIT: After reading through Mischief's statement on their Tojil Video I have come to the conclusion that the 3rd party programs being used are more for quality of life rather than imperative cheating, so I'll count the solos currently uploaded of Dakuwaqa, Tojil and Cailimh.

"By the way...This is done solely with windower plugins/addons. I'm using JaZero in place of blinking every half-second, that's it. There is no difference. It may have been a few seconds slower, but this would have ended the exact same way had I stuck to using spellcast/vanilla macros and blinking all over the place."

Their solo of Dakuwaqa may have used the help of another player, but it was such a small amount and with their statement on their Cailimh Video, they're confident that Dakuwaqa is easily soloable now, and I'm inclined to believe them considering the evidence we've seen thus far.

"I did say every delve boss sans Muyingwa can be soloed now...unfortunately, I don't have videos yet for Wopket/Utkux. However, I can say that they're both easier than Cailimh and Tojil. Wopket is a complete pushover, Canopierce (needles-type move, instant death if solo) is his only threatening ability; I can fight him Weakened otherwise with zero issues. Utkux is a bit more dangerous if his aura stays up, but Glassy Nova, his worst move, can be outran easily. Dakuwaqa is now fully soloable with ease, I'm not sure if him or Wopket is easier at this point."

However, without the videos I still can't remove Wopket or Utkux from the list. The second Mischief or anyone else gets a video up of a successful solo though, you can bet I'll tear them off the list very quickly. :)

---

I've also added all the Avatar Primes in their Difficult and Very Difficult forms to the list due to the new High Tier Battlefields being released.

So now we're up to 60 Monsters!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [93 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-01 13:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Have all of the Surged WoEs been solo'd, or do they need to be added to the list?

Also, in case anyone was wondering, all of the SoA Mission Battles are soloable: Protey's solos
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2015-03-19 08:56:24
Link | Citer | R

That's pretty incredible, I haven't updated this thread in a while but if there's no evidence of the Surged WoEs being solo'd then I'll add them too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2015-04-11 16:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Just updated with the Vagary NMs! Let me know if any of the others need to be on the list!
 Sylph.Subadai
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2015-04-11 16:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Shadow Lord Difficult SCH solo:
 Cerberus.Katairyu
By Cerberus.Katairyu 2015-04-12 05:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Subadai said: »
Shadow Lord Difficult SCH solo:

Nice! Will remove from the list :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Katairyu
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-05-27 07:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely incredible news guys, a load of new solos have been released by Mischief:

Hall of Mul Solo (This completely clears all Legion NMs):

Utkux Solo (being the hardest of the Delve Bosses, the others can be taken off too):

Ark Angel HM (Difficult) Solo (Which I'd be willing to take off the other (Difficult) Ark Angels):
 Asura.Katairyu
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-15 05:39:49
Link | Citer | R

New Solo by Mischief guys!

This clears Shiva and all the other High-Tier Battlefields for the Avatars on all difficulties! The reason I say all is that Mischief claims that:

"Most people would probably have issues soloing this fight on Difficult. Very Difficult Shiva Prime is (as of uploading this video) the hardest solo Scholar can do right now. You're up against an enemy who can kill you in less than 5 seconds if you screw up once, and you have to deal a relatively large amount of damage in a short time limit."

So I'd be willing to remove all of the Avatar-related battlefields as a result. However, as the mechanics for Alexander, Odin, Caitsith and Atomos are vastly different, I would be unwilling to remove those four if they are added in a future update.

This means we're down to just 28.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22