Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1104 1105 1106 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-28 21:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I think that's Norway and Iceland, not Faroe
Japan to resume whaling in Antarctic despite court ruling
BBC

Valefor.Endoq said: »
The shooter from yesterday
According to Washington Post he said "no more baby parts" when he was arrested
Tough call.
Is it murder to kill a murderer to prevent them from being murdering baby murderers?
Yep.

"Pro life, pro war, pro death penailty, and if you give me any back talk I'm an NRA life member and have a CC permit."

By the way the dude is crazy as a loon.

Shooter at Planned Parenthood was a recluse new to Colorado
Al Jazeera America - too long to copypasta, selected bits:

Quote:
A gunman who police say staged a deadly attack on a Planned Parenthood clinic was a recluse who stashed food in the woods, avoided eye contact, warned neighbors about government spying and passed out anti-Obama pamphlets, those who knew him said....

Cowart said the gunman "broke in" to the clinic Friday but didn't get past a locked door leading to the main part of the facility. She said there was no armed security when the shooting began....

Neighbors who lived beside Dear's former South Carolina home say he hid food in the woods as if he was a survivalist and said he lived off selling prints of his uncle's paintings of Southern plantations and the Masters golf tournament.

John Hood said Saturday that when he moved to Walterboro, Dear was living in a doublewide mobile home next door. Hood said Dear seemed to be a loner and very strange but not dangerous. He pointed to a wooden fence separating their land and said he put it up because Dear liked to skinny dip.

Hood said that Dear rarely talked to them, and when he did, he tended to offer unsolicited advice such as recommending that Hood put a metal roof on his house so the U.S. government couldn't spy on him.

"He was really strange and out there, but I never thought he would do any harm," he said.

Dear also lived part of the time in a cabin with no electricity or running water in Black Mountain, North Carolina. He kept mostly to himself, his neighbors said. When he did talk, it was a rambling combination of a number of topics that didn't make sense.

He tended to avoid eye contact, said James Russell, who lived a few hundred feet down the mountain from Dear's cabin. "If you talked to him, nothing with him was very cognitive," Russell said....
Edit: Paged!

Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-28 21:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Its not a tough call, its not even a conversation, whatever his pathetic motives were, he is guilty of first degree murder and will spend the rest of his life on death row.
I agree with you. His killing was indiscriminate and heavy handed.

But I can sympathize to a degree with his wanting to end the killing of the unborn.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-28 21:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Quote:
I think that's Norway and Iceland, not Faroe
Japan to resume whaling in Antarctic despite court ruling
BBC

Yeah I already mentioned that a few pages back, I meant that you confused Faroe Islands with Norway and Iceland since they hunt them too
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-28 21:41:33
Link | Citer | R

The Faroes are a bit north of where they hunt.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-28 21:43:22
Link | Citer | R

They don't hunt them though, they haven't since '84
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-28 21:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Its not a tough call, its not even a conversation, whatever his pathetic motives were, he is guilty of first degree murder and will spend the rest of his life on death row.

But I can sympathize to a degree with his wanting to end the killing of the unborn.
Its simple really. Every time my right wing friends say baby when they mean fetus I instantly cut in with parasite.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-28 21:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Killing a person is not the same as killing an embryo/fetus lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-28 22:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Yes it is and generations from now will be horrified when they look back on us and people like you that so easily "lol" it off. Abortion supporters will join the ranks of history's slave owners, genocide and eugenics.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-28 22:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, and people who shoot up women's clinics will be heralded. LOL
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-28 22:29:41
Link | Citer | R

There once was a bunch of treasonous killers in our country.

Eventually they became known as our forefathers and painted up to be as hero's.

So it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-28 22:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Wow lol
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-28 23:19:50
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-11-29 00:49:59
Link | Citer | R

I never understood ppl who think they have such a high moral standard that they cannot permit a woman to be allowed to decide for herself what's in her own best interests. I don't understand the debate itself, pro-choice vs pro-life, let alone lunatics going postal over something that ain't exactly any of thier business. Why do ppl insist on trying to make decisions for other ppl.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-29 02:26:21
Link | Citer | R

I don't argue with people that are cold and disgusting enough to condone brutally killing an unborn child. Their humanity is too far gone.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-29 04:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's really different. Grindadráp is an event in Far Oer islands where they kill whales for no reason at all. They force them into a bay and then the entire population gather with maces to make a pulp out of them and they don't even use the dead whales in any way. They do it for giggles, it's disgusting. I've seen videos of children jumping on dead whales and hitting them while people around them cheered and clapped.

That's obviously forbidden by EU laws, but the danish government doesn't do crap about it. They actually shoot activists if they see them.

Japan at least makes money off the whales.
Faroe Islands are not in the EU
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-29 06:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I don't argue with people that are cold and disgusting enough to condone brutally killing an unborn child. Their humanity is too far gone.
You keep trying with this shock tactic everytime the issue is brought up, but we keep laughing at your attempts.

Not to mention Endoq condoning the shooter's actions lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-29 10:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You keep trying with this shock tactic everytime the issue is brought up, but we keep laughing at your attempts.

Not to mention Endoq condoning the shooter's actions lol.
Did I condone his actions?
I called his actions "indiscriminate and heavy-handed".
Does this sound like condoning?
I would have much rather the murderers stop from their murderings and turn to the truth and be saved by the gospel of Christ Jesus.
If not for this at least for the very sake of those around them that have their conscience emboldened by these insidious acts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-29 10:52:02
Link | Citer | R

In Paris

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-29 11:22:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't get it, they were marching in favour of the climate conference, so why the fighting?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-29 11:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Stupid people who just wanna fight the police
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-11-29 13:39:33
Link | Citer | R

I read something about "rounding up climate activists."

This looks mote like the WTO protests in Seattle a while ago.
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-11-29 15:04:46
Link | Citer | R

So you make decisions for her instead? I can think of many reasons a woman might decide to terminate a pregnancy. None of them which are any of your business. Are those whom side with pro-life really that against woman's rights? She's allowed to drive. Get a job. Join the army but deciding not to give birth to someone else's baby.... "that's MY business ...now I'm drawing the line." Really?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-29 15:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Akson said: »
So you make decisions for her instead? I can think of many reasons a woman might decide to terminate a pregnancy. None of them which are any of your business. Are those whom side with pro-life really that against woman's rights? She's allowed to drive. Get a job. Join the army but deciding not to give birth to someone else's baby.... "that's MY business ...now I'm drawing the line." Really?

Ugh, this argument again. Every law is a restriction on people and the choices they can make. Driving is regulated. Employment is regulated. Military service is regulated. Guess what? Abortion is too. Arguing about the specifics of how abortion should or shouldn't be regulated is fine, but don't pretend that it's now some untouchable choice that women have complete reign over without consequence.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-29 15:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Ugh, this argument again. Every law is a restriction on people and the choices they can make. Driving is regulated. Employment is regulated. Military service is regulated. Guess what? Abortion is too. Arguing about the specifics of how abortion should or shouldn't be regulated is fine, but don't pretend that it's now some untouchable choice that women have complete reign over without consequence.

You landed right on it. Anti-abortion activity is specifically about consequences. The appeal to emotion and hyperbole is just a device, restricting women's access to reproductive care is all about punishing women for having sex for pleasure.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-29 15:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You landed right on it. Anti-abortion activity is specifically about consequences. The appeal to emotion and hyperbole is just a device, restricting women's access to reproductive care is all about punishing women for having sex for pleasure.

I'm sure some people see it that way, but you do not speak for all pro-lifers. If stereotyping makes you feel better, have at it.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-29 16:00:59
Link | Citer | R

Then what is the point? Why ignore the Supreme Court, countless medical professionals, and civil rights consultants and try to outlaw what has been a fundamental liberty for women in developed nations for 40 years? Unless it's just the emotional crap, which gives even less credibility to pro-life. Why don't lifers seem to give a crap about the child after its born?

There's some gaping holes in the argument as it's presented and the evidence.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-29 16:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Then what is the point? Why ignore the Supreme Court, countless medical professionals, and civil rights consultants and try to outlaw what has been a fundamental liberty for women in developed nations for 40 years? Unless it's just the emotional crap, which gives even less credibility to pro-life. Why don't lifers seem to give a crap about the child after its born?

Murder is generally accepted as being wrong. Many pro-lifers view abortion as murder. Agree or not, it's not a hard concept to grasp. I'm sure you disagree with the Supreme Court on a regular basis, so that's a dumb point to bring up anyway. As far as how children are viewed after they're born, well, as valid as a concern as that might be, it's a tangent that is hardly related to the issue.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-11-29 16:07:58
Link | Citer | R

I really never understood the issue with abortion. Although it's one of those issues where you could consider me ultra liberal on. I don't even care if women uses it as a form of birth control. Well at least not enough to stop them. I can fully understand putting limitation on when a woman can get one, IE. no abortions after the 2nd trimester unless necessary. I usually lean towards this solution.

My thoughts on abortion stem the fact that there's too many people in general plus there's probably too many babies born who eventually clog up the orphanages / adoption system. Killing a baby is murder when it's born healthy and deliberately killed. Trying to label an abortion as murder before it even has developed a brain or a heart beat seems nonsensical.

I don't understand women who wait until 5+ months into a pregnancy that then decide to abort it. Personally, I don't care if they do or not, but that just seems irresponsible on their part. Women who constantly have abortions, whether or not as a means of birth control, eventually pay for it in how their body changes so it's not like they're completely free from consequences.

I can even understand the issue of a father waiting a baby when the mother wants to abort it, but forcing a woman to incubate their baby against their will is one of those things that humanity needs to move past. It's an antiquated notion. Buy a cloning vat.

This guy just seems like some crazy mountain man who visits society every couple of years.

It's weird to think that this one guy was able to injure 11 (or 8 including the dear, not sure how the total is now) people kill 1 cop 2 bystanders/civilians all with a shotgun (I think that's what the news said, I'm no gun expert so I have no idea) and create a 5 hour standoff with law enforcement to the point where so many resources had to be brought in, etc.

Whenever a mass shooting occurs with one person, I'm a little confused how just one person can cause so much damage in such little time with just one firearm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-29 16:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Pro-lifers care very much about kids after they're born. To insist that they don't just because they don't allow unlimited open access to their wallets doesn't mean ***.

Most "pro-choice" people I know would rather show outrage over a picture of a dog with it's mouth taped up than for the unborn that are killed via abortion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-29 16:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, at least a person can attempt to preserve their own life, a fetus is entirely helpless.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1104 1105 1106 ... 1375 1376 1377