Low Man Delve: Shark

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Low man Delve: Shark
Low man Delve: Shark
By BlaTheTaru 2014-04-22 21:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone! So I'm sure information on this subject is floating around on some forums somewhere, but I haven't had a lot of luck finding anything reliable. I'm looking for the best low man set up for this run. I appreciate any advice I can get! I'm sure I'll get a fair amount of trollololol, but it's to be expected! Happy hunting.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-04-22 21:32:40
Link | Citer | R

mnk/run mnk/run mnk/run brd whm sch (+pld, optional, makes it easier), formless for kraklaw and shark 100-75, isn't needed for karpo anymore.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-04-22 22:00:41
Link | Citer | R

mnk/run x2~3
brd
whm
sch

like ramzus said, you can power through karpo easily now
By BlaTheTaru 2014-04-22 22:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Which nms are optimal to bead out? I'm assuming Nerrivik since he's such a pain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-04-22 22:48:40
Link | Citer | R

mnk/run, mnk/run, cor, brd, whm, sch/blm
It's -very- important to keep erasing the DDs when they're fighting shark.

It's possible to substitute the cor w/ another mnk/run or sam (or probably anyone w/ 119 gear and up to date mdt gear, etc.) as long as the brd and whm can keep up w/ cures, hastes, and erases.

There's no point to beading; everything is retardly squishy.
 Phoenix.Devdas
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-04-23 00:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it's pretty easy as long as your sch is somewhat competent at stunning. You can bring only one Mnk to prep the kraklaw if you don't want to look for one Mnk DD's or have trouble finding them.
[+]
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-04-23 02:27:03
Link | Citer | R

If you're beading the crabs you can take just about any DD /run, though monk via formless has the advantage because of the 4 stages of shark damage weaknesses.
 Sylph.Xodia
Serveur: Sylph
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-04-23 03:44:40
Link | Citer | R

if u wanted for more dps bring a 2nd sch /rdm to give the mnks enthunder. 7th doesnt really add that much more hp.

and let mnks sub war*
 Siren.Finality
Serveur: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-04-23 03:51:49
Link | Citer | R

All the times I've won the shark, I was on PLD. PLD is really nice way to make it so you have lots of breathing room for MP recovery. Have dd's hop off mid fight and let the PLD just chill there(Any job can do this btw, just need good -dt set). All the mega bosses go through damage phases, so having solely blunt damage isn't great. Also a good brd can sleep the shark mid fight when the horn isn't up. Another good way to recover a little.
(If you want to be depressed watch this.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAVyzGJt5M
 Phoenix.Keme
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-04-23 05:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Just did like 30+ Foret de Hennetiel Lowman last week, without bead.
Lowmanning that zone is far easier than 18-man.
We use as setup : 
on 6man : MNK/RUNx3+WHM/SCH+BRD/WHM+SCH/BLM
on 8man :
- MNK/RUNx3 + WHM/SCH + BRD/WHM + COR/WHM ---- SCH/BLM + BRD/WHM
or - MNK/RUNx3 + WHM/SCH + BRD/WHM + SCH/BLM ---- RDM/NIN + GEO/RDM
The strat is easy : (RDM or SCH, impacted all mob but T2, RDM or SCH tossed Dia II or III, and COR light shot all mob but T2)
T1 : all MNKs FS with no WS, until Craklaw use Riptide, then WS spam. take like 1min~1m30
T2 : just no nuke and you'll be fine, zerg it asap. Take 1min30~2min
T3 : Uragnite, SCH or RDM toss an Impact and spam debuff(with brd), take less than 1min
T4 : MNKs Impetus + Victory Smite spam in front of the NM, when you broke the lantern, you're safe(some times we got it to 20%HP before he dropped them), took 1~3min(depends of the run)
T5 : 2MNK do FS, and 1 Don't, after 50%, SCH or RDM can nuke spam for faster kill
Before 50% : NO WS at all
After 50% : Spam WS
Took 1min~1min30
so, T1-5 should should take less than 15~20min(with walk, buff, kill adds and kill NMs)
Dakuwaqa : 
MNKs against walls, 2 on a side and the last one on the other side, all of them on WHM side.
So like that, the WHM was close enough(19~20yalms) to each MNK to cure them whenever he wants. And Daku was far enough(>21yalms) to whm to avoid Mayhem.
That way, the WHM never moved, and was able to instaCuraga MNK after Mayhem.
and on Daku, the MNK who didn't use FS on T5 will toss HF+FS until 75%, and the other 2 MNK will FS + HF at 25%(when COR was in the party, everyone was doing HF+FS at 100% and at 25%).
MNK were very well prepared, when VERVE up, SCH unable to stun, so he was spamming thunder dmg(with GEO and RDM when they were here), so if Daku wanted to make a Tidal Guillotine right after Mayhem, all MNK swap to PDT set, so it was doing 200~400dmg instead of instakill.

I found this zone far easier than Ceizak one, and it was far easier than 18-man(when you loose half the alliance on first mayhem).

posted this on blue gartr forums days ago, hope it'll help you.
I think most of the fails are due to lack of dps, so bring good mnks.
[+]
By Chroph 2014-04-23 07:45:29
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
Which nms are optimal to bead out? I'm assuming Nerrivik since he's such a pain.

I dont think any NM need to be beaded. Most of fails arent due to lack of time, so..
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-23 08:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Keme said: »
Just did like 30+ Foret de Hennetiel Lowman last week, without bead.
Lowmanning that zone is far easier than 18-man.
We use as setup : 
on 6man : MNK/RUNx3+WHM/SCH+BRD/WHM+SCH/BLM
on 8man :
- MNK/RUNx3 + WHM/SCH + BRD/WHM + COR/WHM ---- SCH/BLM + BRD/WHM
or - MNK/RUNx3 + WHM/SCH + BRD/WHM + SCH/BLM ---- RDM/NIN + GEO/RDM
The strat is easy : (RDM or SCH, impacted all mob but T2, RDM or SCH tossed Dia II or III, and COR light shot all mob but T2)
T1 : all MNKs FS with no WS, until Craklaw use Riptide, then WS spam. take like 1min~1m30
T2 : just no nuke and you'll be fine, zerg it asap. Take 1min30~2min
T3 : Uragnite, SCH or RDM toss an Impact and spam debuff(with brd), take less than 1min
T4 : MNKs Impetus + Victory Smite spam in front of the NM, when you broke the lantern, you're safe(some times we got it to 20%HP before he dropped them), took 1~3min(depends of the run)
T5 : 2MNK do FS, and 1 Don't, after 50%, SCH or RDM can nuke spam for faster kill
Before 50% : NO WS at all
After 50% : Spam WS
Took 1min~1min30
so, T1-5 should should take less than 15~20min(with walk, buff, kill adds and kill NMs)
Dakuwaqa : 
MNKs against walls, 2 on a side and the last one on the other side, all of them on WHM side.
So like that, the WHM was close enough(19~20yalms) to each MNK to cure them whenever he wants. And Daku was far enough(>21yalms) to whm to avoid Mayhem.
That way, the WHM never moved, and was able to instaCuraga MNK after Mayhem.
and on Daku, the MNK who didn't use FS on T5 will toss HF+FS until 75%, and the other 2 MNK will FS + HF at 25%(when COR was in the party, everyone was doing HF+FS at 100% and at 25%).
MNK were very well prepared, when VERVE up, SCH unable to stun, so he was spamming thunder dmg(with GEO and RDM when they were here), so if Daku wanted to make a Tidal Guillotine right after Mayhem, all MNK swap to PDT set, so it was doing 200~400dmg instead of instakill.

I found this zone far easier than Ceizak one, and it was far easier than 18-man(when you loose half the alliance on first mayhem).

posted this on blue gartr forums days ago, hope it'll help you.
I think most of the fails are due to lack of dps, so bring good mnks.

Pretty sure Tidal Guillotine is magic dmg, and bgwiki seems to agree with me : http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Dakuwaqa

Thing to note also is that you can and should try to dispel/finale verve buffs before mayhem. ^^
By BlaTheTaru 2014-04-23 10:39:02
Link | Citer | R

We will give it a shot sometime soon when everyone is available. Thanks for the in depth information guys.
By Chroph 2014-04-23 13:59:01
Link | Citer | R

I wanted to mean DT, anyway if you uses dark ring(more or less def ring), twilight torque, mollusca mantles and otronif sets (+1), you grt enough mdt and mdb(with even more mdt with +1 augmented)
By Sieha1 2014-04-23 14:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Having a sam that can skillchain off the mnks is a good way to keep the 2 crabs from causing too much issue. Also helps with the shark since skillchaining will be strong below 25% which is where it goes crazy.

my group doesnt even need to use formless on the big crab since we focus on skill chaining and the damage balances out.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-04-30 19:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Went today with mnk/runx2, War/sam with 119 ukon, a Brd with 99 harp 99 ghorn 119 carn, whm/sch, and sch/blm. Had some trouble with the cracklaw since it wiped everyone's formless, but we got it down. The rest of the nms went really fast. Once we made it to the shark I went down pretty early on whm due to hate shifting and me eating a lance to the face. We lost the brd late into it to a MM, and the war d/c around 9% and got killed when he logged back in. Came down to the whm and one mnk. We killed it with a couple minutes to spare so all in all wasn't a bad run considering none of us had done it together before! Thanks for all the input guys.
 Phoenix.Keme
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-04-30 19:48:25
Link | Citer | R

For craklaw, rending deluge has to be stunned (its pretty easy to stun).
However, MNKs should fight on different sides, since rending deluge is conal, if the sch miss the stun, only one mnk may loose formless, not both. If one mnk lost formless, he has to face away, and ws spam after riptide move.
thats precautions which make you avoid difficulties.
Congratulations btw, and good luck on next tries.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-04-30 19:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! Didn't know it was conal.
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-04-30 21:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Interesting! I'll give this a try either tonight or tomorrow. I know someone in my LS has been asking for us to do this zone for a shot at the GK for his SAM.
 Phoenix.Damane
user: Damane
By Phoenix.Damane 2014-05-01 02:37:37
Link | Citer | R

best setup imho mnk/run mnk/run brd/whm whm/sch RDM/BLM insert 6. job here whatever you like.

found RDM/BLM to be a better stunner in delve 1.0 then SCH/BLM and made the shift towards RDM (was allways SCH). being able to haste yourself for 10 min + and silencing debuffing bosses is a really nice bonus.