Fatal Frame Wii-U probably happening
First Page 2
 Shiva.Gib
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 10:52:26
Link | Citer | R

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-and-japanese-studio-tecmo-koei-are-developing-1566017390/all

Talk about a game that was made for the Wii-U controller, I mean seriously, the game pad being the Camera could be like the coolest gimmick ever.

I'm sure though how Nintendo has been acting recently, it'll be JP Onry.

I love these games and it still baffles me that the BEST Fatal Frame game never got a legit US Release.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-22 10:54:40
Link | Citer | R

Does the Wii U big huge controller with a screen thing have a camera?

If so the potential for having it display ghosts in your house outside of the TV screen gives me goosebumps.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 10:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
Does the Wii U big huge controller with a screen thing have a camera?

If so the potential for having it display ghosts in your house outside of the TV screen gives me goosebumps.
it does, but they also did something like that for the 3DS

http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Camera-The-Cursed-Memoir-Nintendo/dp/B006Y76HY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398182151&sr=8-1&keywords=Fatal+Frame+3DS

it was a trainwreck.

that might be fun as a mini game or something, but not a core mechanic

EDIT: now that I remember it *been so long since I used my Wii-U pad, lol* it only has a inward facing camera, so it wouldn't be able to do that :\
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2014-04-22 11:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Gib said: »
EDIT: now that I remember it *been so long since I used my Wii-U pad, lol* it only has a inward facing camera, so it wouldn't be able to do that :\
IT'S BEHIND IRL YOU TURN AROUND
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-04-22 12:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Talk about a game that was made for the Wii-U controller, I mean seriously, the game pad being the Camera could be like the coolest gimmick ever.

The exact reason I am not particularly a fan of Nintendo. Their gaming policies all revolve around gimmicks to capture the crowd. I am much more partial to great stories (something Nintendo has admitted they fall flat on and don't care about) and good solid game play. Those are the hooks I need to reel me in, particular the stories.

They have a long standing policy of "Lateral Thinking with Withered Technology" has been turning me off to their products for years. Other than handhelds, I haven't been a vehement supporter of a Nintendo console since Super Nintendo. Each generation has had some gems that I have indeed liked, but SNES was their last console that I personally really loved.

For reference, "Lateral Thinking with Withered Technology" is a principle that essentially states that they will use outdated tech in odd or radical ways to grab the consumer's attention. Gunpei Yokoi (may he rest peacefully) introduced this concept into Nintendo, and unfortunately, its been the law of their lands ever since. He had a strong mind, but that idea is one I am totally against. Although I will pay him infinite respect for giving us Metroid and the Game Boy.

Read this for a better explanation of the philosophy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 12:57:12
Link | Citer | R

oh boy, beating this horse corpse again.

You know gimmicks can be fun right? and last I checked having fun was the point of playing video games.

one of my favorite genre of game is the 'Light Gun Shooter' and that whole genre is centered around a gimmick.

and I would argue with you about the 'Solid Gameplay' first party Nintendo games have the most polish over anything first party Microsoft of Sony First party puts out. Hell check out First party game Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, one of the best J-RPG games, gameplay AND Story wise, I've seen in the past decade.

But no, every Videogame company should just be like Sony and the PS4, put out something safe with Zero innovation and Zero Risks. F that.

Now if you told me you hated Nintendo because they don't know how to get games or release games, you wouldn't hear anything from me.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 13:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo games should be the most polished, being as how they take years and years to develop. I still can't believe Smash Bros isn't coming out until Winter. As for innovation, they change the way you play their games, but the games themselves aren't much different. I'm not going back to Nintendo until they have a plethora of new first party IPs.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-22 13:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »

For reference, "Lateral Thinking with Withered Technology" is a principle that essentially states that they will use outdated tech in odd or radical ways to grab the consumer's attention. Gunpei Yokoi (may he rest peacefully) introduced this concept into Nintendo, and unfortunately, its been the law of their lands ever since. He had a strong mind, but that idea is one I am totally against. Although I will pay him infinite respect for giving us Metroid and the Game Boy.

Read this for a better explanation of the philosophy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpei_Yokoi

When the Wii was released, was it "withered technology?"

I'm asking the question earnestly. While I believe it didn't push the envelope visually, how far behind was it?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 13:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Yes, the Wii was panned for its low tech.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 13:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Wii and Wii-U are basically +1 variant of the generation before it.

Soo Wii is pretty much like an XBox+1 and Wii-U is like a PS3/X360+1

Withered? no, cutting edge? no.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-22 13:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks. I feel like "withered" should be changed to "weathered."

It's not like a needle was bumping along the tracks of my copy of Resident Evil 4.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 13:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Nintendo games should be the most polished, being as how they take years and years to develop. I still can't believe Smash Bros isn't coming out until Winter. As for innovation, they change the way you play their games, but the games themselves aren't much different. I'm not going back to Nintendo until they have a plethora of new first party IPs.
Super Mario Galaxy was big game Changer, Same is the Prime Games.

They do make changes, but as you said, it takes them a while to make the games. So when you're making 2-3 games a year and only one of them makes major strides /shrug.

if anything it's most annoying that there was so much promise for the Wii-U pad and all the games, even the first party games seem to be ignoring it. It's mainly being used as a menu system, which is crap. Hell Mario Kart 8 uses it as something to use pickups *which I'd rather use the bumpers for anyways* and for the new DK game the second screen had no use at all.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 13:24:13
Link | Citer | R

They didn't capitalize, or even continue, their strides after Mario Galaxy. I expected Skyward Sword to be the pinnacle of the Wii, I laugh at that notion now.
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2014-04-22 13:34:57
Link | Citer | R

O-O new fatal... frame :Q_ yes please :D been ages (didn't play the 3DS one cause it looked kinda meh) But i played the other games over and over ._.
:D not even worried about the controlls, just to hyped atm to care lol
(It's been too long for one of the older horror franchises to get a release, next give me a new siren and i'll be over the moon)
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-22 13:36:14
Link | Citer | R

They didn't capitalize, or even continue, their strides after Mario Galaxy. I expected Skyward Sword to be the pinnacle of the Wii, I laugh at that notion now.

Can you elaborate? From your post, I understand you were disappointed.

The possibility that your disappointment has more to do with you and less to do with Skyward Sword remains....
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 13:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Skyward Sword was the one and only Zelda game designed to be played on the Wii. And it took forever to come out. And when it came out, to say that it was unpolished would be an understatement. The flying controls sucked, they were clunky, didn't respond well, and for what was supposed to be the main feature of the game was pretty much my most hated.
Then the boss fights, wow, obnoxious. You had to swing your Wii mote this way at this angle or your sword would clang off the boss's armor and you would have to reposition yourself (ie, start over).
Then the content was just not there. There was nothing to do outside of the temples, little exploration, little secrets to be found, if you weren't advancing the story you really weren't doing anything. For as long as it took to develop the game, I still wonder what exactly they were doing. I finished the game and I was done. Still haven't even thought about playing it again.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-22 13:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Then the content was just not there. There was nothing to do outside of the temples, little exploration, little secrets to be found, if you weren't advancing the story you really weren't doing anything.

This statement describes all Zelda games with the exception of minigames.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not a Nintendo guy. However, I can't help but wonder whether or not a lot of Nintendo ire among gamers comes from misplaced expectations.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 14:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Lye said: »

This statement describes all 3D Zelda games with the exception of minigames.

Fixed that for ya, Link to the past and NES Zelda had tons of Secrets and exploration. One of the main reasons I really could get into any of the 3D Zeldas
By Meditate 2014-04-22 14:58:30
Link | Citer | R

ohh my fatal frame !!!!
the best game to be in your house all alone with all the lights off
:D

I heard awhile back that I think it was Steven Spielberg was going to make it into a movie, I guess that never happened ;;
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-22 15:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Meditate said: »
ohh my fatal frame !!!!

I heard awhile back that I think it was Steven Spielberg was going to make it into a movie, I guess that never happened ;;

This would be cool if someone better in-tune with Japanese Horror consulted.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-22 15:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Lye said: »
Meditate said: »
ohh my fatal frame !!!!

This would be cool if someone better in-tune with Japanese Horror consulted.
yeah, like whoever did the American Ring Remake, one of the very very few movies to be 'American-ized' and come out as good if not better (imo it's better) then the source material.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-22 19:37:00
Link | Citer | R

No idea what this game is, but how I'm going to contribute to this thread is to express my disappointment at no Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U.

Sigh as ****.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 19:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Well it hasn't come to America in almost 10 years so its pretty easy to miss.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-04-22 20:49:53
Link | Citer | R

oh boy, beating this horse corpse again.

You know gimmicks can be fun right? and last I checked having fun was the point of playing video games.

one of my favorite genre of game is the 'Light Gun Shooter' and that whole genre is centered around a gimmick.

and I would argue with you about the 'Solid Gameplay' first party Nintendo games have the most polish over anything first party Microsoft of Sony First party puts out. Hell check out First party game Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, one of the best J-RPG games, gameplay AND Story wise, I've seen in the past decade.

But no, every Videogame company should just be like Sony and the PS4, put out something safe with Zero innovation and Zero Risks. F that.

Now if you told me you hated Nintendo because they don't know how to get games or release games, you wouldn't hear anything from me.

Let me start off by saying that while many enjoy gimmicks, I personally don't. I want to play my games with a controller, keyboard, or both. I have yet to play a game centered on a gimmick that I liked. That's my personal opinion/preference.

Nowhere did I say anything against Nintendo's gameplay. Note how I added a caveat about their weakness in the story department. I said that story and then gameplay are my hooks.

And yes, I certainly agree that they are absolute garbage with regard to marketing. And its been said a million times over, but the way the seem to chase off third party support is appalling. Also, their development cycles are indeed too long for what their end results wind up being.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-22 21:00:44
Link | Citer | R

The Last Story and Xeonblade Chronicles both told amazing stories, but I agree with your main point about Nintendo and storytelling, there is no storytelling in their games. TLS and Xeno are aberrations. None of their main franchises are played for the story. If there is a story in a Nintendo game, its probably a third party game, and since there are no third party Wii U games, you personally aren't missing anything.
By Meditate 2014-04-24 05:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of Wii-U
is there any must play games for it or might be coming out in the future ?
Cause I feel like I thrown away my GIL buying it ;;
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-24 14:55:17
Link | Citer | R

When it comes to Nintendo games, there isn't alot I like sadly, so I only know a few things to recommend, but that's not to say there aren't any others. I mostly just keep track of the things that interest me. That being said, all it took for me to purchase a Wii U was MH3U, and of course, the knowledge of a new Monolith/Smash release.

-MH3U (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, this isn't exclusive to Wii U, but if you don't have it already for 3DS or Wii U, I'd highly recommend purchasing it for the latter.)

-Pikimin 3 (If you were a fan of previous installments, not a bad buy)

Scheduled this year (atleast 2/3) you have the three largely anticipated titles:

-Mario Kart 8
-Monolith Soft's "X" --(Xeno series)
-Smash Bro's

And a new Zelda, at some point. in 2015.

Yeah, no MH4U, I'm sad too.
[+]
By Meditate 2014-04-25 11:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Zelda is a must. and I'm not sure bout Mario carts, that's a toss up and smash bro's I'll snag cause my kid liked it I recall.
so those are the games I kind of know bout so isn't much on the horizon I guess, just the regular line up.
First Page 2