Free Soda Refill Can Be A Federal Offense

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Free Soda Refill Can Be a Federal Offense
Free Soda Refill Can Be a Federal Offense
 Sylph.Shipp
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-04-26 05:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Kiroo said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I wonder... have you missed that this wasn't an isolated incident with this guy?

Most businesses and certainly the law are nothing like as black-and-white unreasonable as seems to be the perception. They're still run by human beings. An honest mistake is quite one thing, but this kind of response is not how anyone (much less a hospital of all places) reacts to a first-time problem.

Exactly, I agree. They said he got bent outa shape, hell ya I bet he did. You come at me sideways over soda refill and wont let me pay and move on, bet your *** I'm gonna get bent too. and then a 525 ticket, is damn HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, I'm gonna be real bent then, ticket me 10 bucks ok np I deserve it. I'm honest enough to tell you I didn't realize and Ive done this before (hey that's called being honest) I'll pay a restitution for my mistake but dun be a dumbass about it mr officer, screw you and your high horse too. I've NEVER seen a squeaky clean cop and as far as freebies, I've worked at a gas station and they expected free stuff and never tried to pay for sodas from fountain they would just walk right out. Stealing is stealing? How many of you talking that crap have ever stiffed someone on a tip? You just stole that persons time, regardless if you felt valid of the reason you did so. We can back and forth this all day, I love to debate. 525 and a lost job (bet you the guy has family, he dun look like no spring chicken fresh outa school) is absolutely over kill.
Wow... just... wow.

Most gas stations DO give cops free fountain drinks or coffee. They are probably just used to most places giving it, since that is common place. Did you ever inform the cops they weren't free? Were there ever signs posted that blatantly state even cops have to pay?

Just as free refills are usually common place, free convenience store drinks for cops are common place. Difference here is this cafeteria flat out posted signs to inform people it is not acceptable there and this man felt he was above following rules.

Also, no, the person working for tips is still getting paid. It may not be minimum wage, but they are still getting paid somewhat. Also no, I've never stiffed anyone a tip unless they are blatantly rude. They also chose to go into that profession, knowing that not everyone will tip well, or at all. The two are not comparable in the slightest. One is a man stealing something tangible. The other is not adding gratuity (on top of their paycheck) when they specifically chose to work a job that pays less than minimum wage.

Stop making excuses. I'm beginning to feel like you, Pathwriter, I feel as though I'm the only person who can use common sense and clearly look at an argument a lot of the time.