Colorado Deaths Stoke Worries About Pot Edibles

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
By Buzzwords 2014-04-20 17:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Can I fail a random drug test if I'm exposed to second-hand marijuana smoke?

i think this would have more to do with the level of exposure. if you're in a car that's being hotboxed you're prolly in trouble, if you just caught a strong wiff of it as somebody comes up from their basement, you're fine.

oddly enough that actually happened to me... never smoked in my entire life, almost never even been around it, and i've only even been drug tested twice. so what were the odds that i'd bump into it like a week before i get tested?

not gonna lie, was a little paranoid, but it turned out fine.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-20 17:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Buzzwords said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Can I fail a random drug test if I'm exposed to second-hand marijuana smoke?

i think this would have more to do with the level of exposure. if you're in a car that's being hotboxed you're prolly in trouble, if you just caught a strong wiff of it as somebody comes up from their basement, you're fine.

oddly enough that actually happened to me... never smoked in my entire life, almost never even been around it, and i've only even been drug tested twice. so what were the odds that i'd bump into it like a week before i get tested?

not gonna lie, was a little paranoid, but it turned out fine.

Through the course of my smoking years I've had plenty of friends that smoked, and couldn't smoke so they would ask me to give them 'buddy hits.' If you don't know what those are, they are passing the smoke from your mouth to the other persons mouth via lips (if that's your thing), or any other method you may choose. Depending on how much THC is absorbed through the lungs can have an affect on how much THC is excreted via the second hand smoke. Most the time, a true stoner will inhale as deeply as possible and sometimes even hold in as much of it as they possibly can thus not much THC will probably be excreted through the exhale. I'm sure tons of factors come into play in this situation but none of my friends ever had a dirty UA due to this method but that's not to say that someone else won't.. I'd say better safe then sorry in this situation.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 17:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Convince whomever it is that's giving you the drug test that a saliva test is better and more thorough. Take the saliva test (also sometimes referred to as DNA test) as they don't really work.

Trade secret, shhh don't tell anyone though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-20 17:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Caliber said: »
my brother died after shooting up 3 marijuanas with a dirty needle, do not partake of the devils weed

Best post in this thread.

----

By the way, anyone catch onto that people only go crazy while eating too much of it?

Moderation people!
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-20 17:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Haha, yeah @ Chaosx
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-20 19:27:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually not particularly worried. Being highly allergic to the stuff, I do everything in my power to avoid being even in the same ZIP code as someone smoking it. But it was something I'd been wondering about for a rather long time as I do have some acquaintances who smoke and, perhaps more importantly, some dumbass co-workers who have no sense of tact or "time and place."

It wasn't being hotboxed (hurrah, learned a new word today), but I have been stuck in a car with a couple people getting high before or after work and I wondered. I wasn't too stressed as literally no one has ever felt the need to drug test me unless it was a pre-requisite for employment. I suspect there's some profiling going on there but shan't complain.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-20 19:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Convince whomever it is that's giving you the drug test that a saliva test is better and more thorough. Take the saliva test (also sometimes referred to as DNA test) as they don't really work.

lol, don't be tricking people dude.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-20 19:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

I'm not saying they don't work but I've had tons of friends who smoked heavily, took swab tests,saliva tests and still passed because there is certain mouthwashes and even ways to pre rinse your mouth to avoid detections of certain substances. Of course any pre-employment test isn't very hard to pass depending on how bad you actually want to pass that test. Unless it's a hair,blood test or spinal tap, haha, then you're screwed! ;)
 Bismarck.Sorce
Serveur: Bismarck
user: sorce
By Bismarck.Sorce 2014-04-20 19:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Hallucinations dont have to be pink elephants and seeing sound to be classified as a hallucination, enough said.
 Bismarck.Sorce
By Bismarck.Sorce 2014-04-20 19:53:32
Link | Citer | R

And absolutly not u can not fail a drugtest from second hand smoke unless your in a 100% air tight sealed room breathing it in, a "chonged" out car could potentially do that. But it has to be high concentrations of smoke.
 Bismarck.Sorce
By Bismarck.Sorce 2014-04-20 19:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Caliber said: »
my brother died after shooting up 3 marijuanas with a dirty needle, do not partake of the devils weed

Best post in this thread.

----

By the way, anyone catch onto that people only go crazy while eating too much of it?

Moderation people!

thank you !
 Bismarck.Sorce
By Bismarck.Sorce 2014-04-20 20:00:16
Link | Citer | R

THC is not whats detected in your urine, its a metabolic form of the drug called 11-OH-THC and THC-COOH which are stored in your fat cells, and exercising before a drug test is bad if your a smoker because it can potentially raise the levels of this substance.
 Bismarck.Sorce
By Bismarck.Sorce 2014-04-20 20:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

THC does not make you hallucinate, it's a psychoactive drug due to it's mind altering effects but you don't see pink elephants running around the room. The medical term Hallucinogen is applied to any substance that cause's a different experience then ordinary conscious. You don't have hallucinations while under the effect of THC vs something like LSD or shrooms which cause's your subconscious to actively intrude your conscious. At really high levels it can screw with your vision / hearing and you will experience time distortion and reliving long term memories. You'll be sitting there remembering sh!t from a long time ago but you wont' be moving around and experiencing it in real time like you would on a bad LSD trip or shrooms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen

Quote:
Hallucinogens are a general group of pharmacological agents that can be divided into three broad categories: psychedelics, dissociatives, and deliriants. These classes of psychoactive drugs have in common that they can cause subjective changes in perception, thought, emotion and consciousness. Unlike other psychoactive drugs, such as stimulants and opioids, these drugs do not merely amplify familiar states of mind, but rather induce experiences that are qualitatively different from those of ordinary consciousness. These experiences are often compared to non-ordinary forms of consciousness such as trance, meditation, dreams, or insanity.

That's why I know it's a mixture problem, those quoted affects are common for custom mix's. You know, when some idiot think it's a good idea to mix multiple kinds of drugs or substances together.

The toxicology of THC is well documented, it's pretty much impossible to die from it. You'd have to be hooked to an IV injecting THC dissolved in saline in order for it to kill you. Eating a ton of THC products would just make you go zombie and sit there staring and occasionally saying weird stupid sh!t, unless something else got added or you did some other drug. Eat too much and you'll just vomit it back up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

As for using it as an additive, that needs to be carefully regulated. Extra "stuff" can end up inside the mix and side reactions an alter the effects of the final product. THC itself is very safe and incredibly hard to harm yourself on it, it doesn't induce mania or cause depression, you just turn into a zombie and become stupid. It's a lot like nicotine in that respect.

you should read your own wiki posts before making more accusations IM JUST SAYIN, says right in the THC wiki that it can alter your visual auditory, and olfactory sense, which would be classified as hallucinations. As to causeing depression, anxiety and irritability, these are very common symptoms and side effects in heavy users, not all but a lot. And its when they dont have the drug, trust me dude Ive smoked for about 15+ years.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-20 21:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Sorce said: »
trust me dude Ive smoked for about 15+ years.

Argumentum ab auctoritate regarding experience using drugs!

Oh the lols~
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 21:22:13
Link | Citer | R

No tricks >:D

It's up to 8 hours at best and that's a huge best.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2014-04-20 22:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
There has never been a single fatality attributed to THC intoxication, the closest was undetected hearth problems

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-20 22:39:23
Link | Citer | R

No tricks >:D

It's up to 8 hours at best and that's a huge best.
it's supposed to catch persons who've done it recently...
 Bismarck.Sorce
By Bismarck.Sorce 2014-04-20 23:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Lye said: »
Bismarck.Sorce said: »
trust me dude Ive smoked for about 15+ years.

Argumentum ab auctoritate regarding experience using drugs!

Oh the lols~

lol Lye

make note ive quit recently and never felt better more money more energy and less irritable
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 23:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of quitting, I think I might have transferred my pot dealing knowledge into the precious metal market somehow. Even got a digital scale, for legitimate reasons, lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 23:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Now when people ask me how many grams are in an ounce, I say 31.1 instead of 28.6. Only mental difference I think.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-20 23:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Now when people ask me how many grams are in an ounce, I say 31.1 instead of 28.6. Only mental difference I think.

using a different scale? metric?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 23:26:58
Link | Citer | R

It's actually troy ounce vs standard ounce. Never knew that until I got into it.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-20 23:31:55
Link | Citer | R

It's actually troy ounce vs standard ounce. Never knew that until I got into it.
it's late, I'm a derp and interesting quick read on wiki cleared up my brain.

Damn Romans.

Word, very interesting, I at some point recall something to that effect but it escaped me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 23:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah mainly I was always curious what ozt meant, now I know, heh.
[+]
By feint2021 2014-04-20 23:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Drugs can affect individuals...ummm differently. For god's sake, aspirin can cause someone to hit the good ole bucket.

Too much of anything really isn't good for a person, except maybe deodorant.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-20 23:39:34
Link | Citer | R

There's a slight chance I may have an addictive personality. Probably why I love going on FOREX now too.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-20 23:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Regardless of the drugs/chemicals a person is on, their actions are still fault of their own actions, but yet people keep trying to blame the substance as either a target or a scapegoat when in reality some people are just *** in the head.
[+]
By feint2021 2014-04-20 23:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Regardless of the drugs/chemicals a person is on, their actions are still fault of their own actions, but yet people keep trying to blame the substance as either a target or a scapegoat when in reality some people are just *** in the head.

What happens when the actions of those individuals affect others?

However, ***does happen and one incident doesn't necessarily mean regulations need to be changed.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-20 23:50:47
Link | Citer | R

feint2021 said: »

What happens when the actions of those individuals affect others?

However, ***does happen and one incident doesn't necessarily mean regulations need to be changed.

The same thing that happens any other time, we've proven that banning a substance only creates more problems, so you can can it with the hypotheticals.