Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-09 00:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I use a slightly modified kinematics WHM.lua

My question is:

Is there an easy way to add a cure midcast set while under effect of Aurorastorm? I know nothing about coding but can still more or less understand what I am reading.
Two things:
  • Step one: Make a new set like this taken from the Kinematics SCH.lua):

Code
    sets.midcast.CureWithLightWeather = {main="Chatoyant Staff",sub="Achaq Grip",ammo="Incantor Stone",
            head="Gendewitha Caubeen",neck="Colossus's Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
            body="Heka's Kalasiris",hands="Bokwus Gloves",ring1="Prolix Ring",ring2="Sirona's Ring",
            back="Twilight Cape",waist="Korin Obi",legs="Nares Trews",feet="Academic's Loafers"}

• Step two: If not already present, add this function:

Code
    function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
    	if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
    		if default_spell_map == 'Cure' or default_spell_map == 'Curaga' then
    			if world.weather_element == 'Light' or world.day == 'Lightsday' then
    				return 'CureWithLightWeather'
    			end
    		end
    	end
    end

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-10-10 01:56:04
Link | Citer | R

I decided to build my own luas from being tired of something breaking or not really understanding someone else files. It is working awesome and I've been able to do just about everything I want. The only thing that stumps me, if maybe someone knows how to do it without motes, is how can I write for my initial hits being TH gear? Thinking about just putting a wait when I first engage in status changes that goes from th to whatever my tp index is set at. Does anyone know of a simple way to just make this go off of the initial hit?
By Moloko7 2015-10-10 09:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully this is the right place to post this... I have spent nearly 4 hours now trying to get this to work!

I have been trying to get this skillup .lua to work (Gearswap skillup lua). I have set the user_spells Geo section as such;
Code
user_settings = {
    user_spells = {
        Healing = T{},
        Geomancy = T{'Indi-Refresh'},
        Enhancing = T{},
        Ninjutsu = T{},
        Singing = T{},
        Blue = T{},
        Summoning = T{}},
    save_settings = false}

I have also tried;
Code
user_settings = {
    user_spells = {
        Healing = T{},
        Geomancy = T{"Indi-Refresh"},
        Enhancing = T{},
        Ninjutsu = T{},
        Singing = T{},
        Blue = T{},
        Summoning = T{}},
    save_settings = false}

The lua loads correctly and brings up the menu, yet when I try to start the skillup routine, either by inputting "//gs c start geomancy" or from the menu, I get an error. (path to lua)/skillup.lua:259 attempt to index global 'res' (nil value).

The line that it is throwing an error on in the lua script is
Code
for i,v in pairs(res.spells) do

I assume this means 'spells' is null. I have the most recent spelllist.lua and the spells I define in the user_spells section are in there (if it even uses these, I'm not sure.).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start trying to debug this?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-10 10:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I decided to build my own luas from being tired of something breaking or not really understanding someone else files. It is working awesome and I've been able to do just about everything I want. The only thing that stumps me, if maybe someone knows how to do it without motes, is how can I write for my initial hits being TH gear? Thinking about just putting a wait when I first engage in status changes that goes from th to whatever my tp index is set at. Does anyone know of a simple way to just make this go off of the initial hit?
It's not a very simple way, as far as I understand it. You could try to extract pieces and parts from Mote-TreasureHunter.lua to figure it out, but I don't know which ones you need and whatnot.

As far as not understanding... there's still a lot I don't understand about Mote's files, but I wouldn't use anything else. His files allow me to use job luas that are much cleaner than any non-Mote job lua I have ever seen. I've been using his files for months and nothing has broken, outside of buffactive but that's not his files' fault.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-10 10:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Moloko7 said: »
I assume this means 'spells' is null. I have the most recent spelllist.lua and the spells I define in the user_spells section are in there (if it even uses these, I'm not sure.).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start trying to debug this?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
At the very top of the file, right after the line that says:
Code
packets = require('packets')
put in this line:
Code
res = require 'resources'
so then the top will look like:
Code
packets = require('packets')
--version 2.0.0.0 final
----------USER IN CODE SETTINGS----------
I haven't the slightest if that will fix it or not, but every file I've seen make that res.spells call has that in it.
By Aeyela 2015-10-10 10:22:19
Link | Citer | R

You could store your TP in a global variable when your character goes from unengaged to engaged. Check this TP value when your TP changes, and if your current TP is higher than your old TP plus one hit's worth of TP (this will stop a hit on your character from turning TH gear off), equip normal gear, otherwise stick with TH gear. If you have Regain active you can add the amount of TP you're getting each tick to your old value everytime your TP increase function fires.

Looking through Mote's, he's checking packets to see when you've landed a hit.
By Moloko7 2015-10-10 10:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »

You absolute legend. That was exactly it, thank you!
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-10-10 12:12:47
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the tips!
By Aeyela 2015-10-13 04:58:36
Link | Citer | R

How do we determine Haste and Haste 2 apart? Also, anyone know the numerical IDs for Indi-Haste? It's not in the Windower resources file unless it's the second Haste, 580?

Edit: Looks like there is no way of telling Haste and Haste 2 apart as in debug mode they're both coming up as Haste and with the same buff ID.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-10-13 05:47:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm new to GearSwap having returned to FFXI from a 4 year absence when SpellCast was in charge and I worked out how to write that. I am modifying a GearSwap I found in the RUN Guide for my RUN, I am however having trouble toggling the TP Sets. The Code is:
Code
-TP Sets--
sets.TP = {}

sets.TP.index = {'Standard', 'Solo', 'AccuracyLite', 'AccuracyFull', 'DT', 'DTAccuracy', 'DW', 'CP'}
 --1=Standard, 2=Solo, 3=AccuracyLite, 4=AccuracyFull, 5=DT, 6=DTAccuracy, 7=DW, 8=CP--
 TP_ind = 1

Is there a command I can run to choose which one to switch? Or could someone point out the correct command for toggling sets for me please.
By Aeyela 2015-10-13 05:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Need more than that segment to tell you because it depends on how the rest of the file is setup. Copy the whole Lua into a Spoilered Code segment or link me to the post you got it from.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-10-13 05:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Here is the full file:

Found from: http://pastebin.com/vrtD0kmw

Thank you
By Aeyela 2015-10-13 06:03:25
Link | Citer | R

The file is using a rotational toggle so you can press them repeatedly to cycle through.

You can do it yourself in the console (gs c toggle X set) or, and I'd recommend this, you can put them in a macro so you just press the macro to toggle through.

Put /console gs c toggle X set in a macro, with X being the set you want that macro to toggle through. For example, if you put TP set in Ctrl+10 and press Ctrl+10 it will cycle through the following TP sets:
Code
{'Standard', 'Solo', 'AccuracyLite', 'AccuracyFull', 'DT', 'DTAccuracy', 'DW', 'CP'

And it'll tell you in the log what you've just changed to.

It looks like acceptable sets are TP, Idle, Res, Req. I have no idea what the individual sets are for and when or why you'd want to toggle them as I'm not a Rune Fencer myself. But when you setup your equipment you should get a rough idea of when those sets are used.

Cancel that. Idle, Res and Req only have one index anyway so toggling through those would be pointless. Just make a macro with the TP toggle and you'll be sorted.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-10-13 11:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Hello, have a request ^^
I use motenten lua files and i wanna know how :
- Change F9 to go back to 'none' statut
- Change F10 to swap between 'normal, acc' melee setup
- Change F11 to go to Tank melee mode
- Change F12 to swap between my magic set 'normal,macc,burst'

Thks in advance ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-10-14 08:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »
Hello, have a request ^^
I use motenten lua files and i wanna know how :
- Change F9 to go back to 'none' statut
- Change F10 to swap between 'normal, acc' melee setup
- Change F11 to go to Tank melee mode
- Change F12 to swap between my magic set 'normal,macc,burst'

Thks in advance ^^

It looks like you want F9 to reset OffenseMode, and F11 to cycle HybridMode. I'll assume you didn't use the alternate PhysicalDefenseMode since we're overriding all of it's keybinds :P

Adding the following to user_setup()
Code
send_command('bind f9 gs c set OffenseMode Normal')
send_command('bind f10 gs c cycle OffenseMode')
send_command('bind f11 gs c cycle HybridMode')
send_command('bind f12 gs c cycle CastingMode')
-- rebind update command
send_command('bind ^f11 gs c update user')

I added the gs update keybind back to ^F11, since you're using F12 for casting modes. It's very useful, and I wouldn't recommend removing it completely.

For future reference, you can look here, and study the default key bindings Mote has setup, and override them in user_setup()
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-10-14 12:12:25
Link | Citer | R

sweet thanks ^^
By swordwiz 2015-10-16 00:35:02
Link | Citer | R

does anyone know how you would word a line for midcast raise set or even reraise set and or would i need to add a new rule to define it ? and if so got one ?
By Bongarippa 2015-10-17 18:17:58
Link | Citer | R

So I play this on my laptop but use a controller, so using the F# keys for changing gear sets for me is really inconvenient, so most gearswaps I use has a function where I can change sets with a macro using the /console gs c "xxxx" command. However I have a gs now that I dont really know how to insert the command, but other than that its a pretty rad gs so if someone could help me with this, would be much appreciated.This is the gearswap I'd like to use this is the one that I currently use with the commands working. I know this is very similar to the posts right above me, and I tried to figure it out myself following the previous posts but to no avail.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-17 22:44:33
Link | Citer | R

swordwiz said: »
does anyone know how you would word a line for midcast raise set or even reraise set and or would i need to add a new rule to define it ? and if so got one ?
Not sure what you need a special set for, as it should just default to your fastest available recast set (if using Mote's, sets.midcast.FastRecast). I suppose you could do something like
Code
sets.raise = {}
and
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	RaiseSpells = S{'Raise','Raise II','Raise III','Arise','Reraise','Reraise II','Reraise III','Reraise IV'}
	if RaiseSpells:contains(spell.english) then
		equip(sets.raise)
	end
end
but, it just seems redundant.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-17 22:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Bongarippa said: »
So I play this on my laptop but use a controller, so using the F# keys for changing gear sets for me is really inconvenient, so most gearswaps I use has a function where I can change sets with a macro using the /console gs c "xxxx" command. However I have a gs now that I dont really know how to insert the command, but other than that its a pretty rad gs so if someone could help me with this, would be much appreciated.This is the gearswap I'd like to use this is the one that I currently use with the commands working. I know this is very similar to the posts right above me, and I tried to figure it out myself following the previous posts but to no avail.
You should be able to make a macro that says:
Code
/console gs c cycle mode
mode = state to toggle, i.e.
Code
/console gs c cycle OffenseMode
By Bongarippa 2015-10-17 23:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
You should be able to make a macro that says:
Code
/console gs c cycle mode
mode = state to toggle, i.e.
Code
/console gs c cycle OffenseMode

Yea after I posted this, I messed around a bit and found that command to work for me. The one problem I'm having is that its only cycling between my normal, acc, refresh, and learning sets. Its not equipping my full acc or dw sets, not that their much different than the rest but when I start getting the gear for the sets, I'll need those to work for me. Either way, the gs is working awesome so far :D
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-18 22:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Its not equipping my full acc or dw sets
You need to change up some stuff to get that to happen:

First, I would suggest not having "Refresh" and "Learning" be OffenseMode sets, as they should be something on regardless of your personal state. I would suggest setting up your function user_setup() like this:
Code
function user_setup()
	state.OffenseMode:options('Normal', 'Acc', 'FullAcc')
	state.WeaponskillMode:options('Normal', 'Acc')
	state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant')
	state.IdleMode:options('Normal', 'PDT')
	state.LearningMode = M(false, 'Learning Mode')
	state.RefreshMode = M(false, 'Refresh Mode')

gear.macc_hagondes = {name="Hagondes Cuffs", augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -3%','Mag. Acc.+21'}}

-- Additional local binds
	send_command('bind ^` input /ja "Chain Affinity" <me>')
	send_command('bind !` input /ja "Efflux" <me>')
	send_command('bind @` input /ja "Burst Affinity" <me>')

update_combat_form()
	select_default_macro_book()
end

Second, to activate those two new modes, you need a couple new macros:
Code
/console gs c toggle LearningMode
/console gs c toggle RefreshMode

Third, you need to modify your sets to match the new modes, like so:
Code
sets.refresh = {}
As the set sets.Learning is already present, you don't need to add anything, but you can remove these lines:
Code
sets.idle.Learning = set_combine(sets.idle, sets.Learning)
Code
sets.engaged.Refresh = {ammo="Jukukik Feather",
        head="Taeon Chapeau",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
        body="Luhlaza Jubbah +1",hands="Taeon Gloves",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Epona's Ring",
        back="Atheling Mantle",waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",legs="Teon Tights",feet="Taeon Boots"}
Code
sets.engaged.DW.Refresh = {ammo="Jukukik Feather",
        head="Taeon Chapeau",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Dudgeon Earring",ear2="Heartseeker Earring",
        body="Luhlaza Jubbah +1",hands="Taeon Gloves",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Epona's Ring",
        back="Atheling Mantle",waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",legs="Teon Tights",feet="Taeon Boots"}

sets.engaged.Learning = set_combine(sets.engaged, sets.Learning)
    sets.engaged.DW.Learning = set_combine(sets.engaged.DW, sets.Learning)

Fourth, you need to add the set customization for melee/idle modes, like so:
Code
-- Modify the default idle set after it was constructed.
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
	if player.mpp < 51 then
		set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
	end
	if state.LearningMode.value then
		idleSet= set_combine(idleSet, sets.Learning)
	end
	if state.RefreshMode.value then
		idleSet= set_combine(idleSet, sets.refresh)
	end
	return idleSet
end

-- Modify the default melee set after it was constructed.
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
	if state.LearningMode.value then
		meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.Learning)
	end
	if state.RefreshMode.value then
		meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.refresh)
	end
	return meleeSet
end

As for why your DW sets aren't triggering, that I'm not sure about, but all the prior changes will make life easier, IMO. The idea is that you toggle on or off learning/refresh sets and it will overlay your current set, regardless of what mode/state (idle/melee, acc/pdt, etc)
 Asura.Mythh
user: Ganjuh
By Asura.Mythh 2015-10-23 08:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Hey I just have a simple question: I've recently returned from a seven month break and so one of the first things I did was augment my Acro gear for Samurai and tried to implement it into some of my GS sets. Nothing was changing after I saved it and reloaded it so i tried changing something simple like a piece of idle town gear then saving and reloading, and still nothing would change. Made sure everything was spelled correct and wasn't getting any errors of Any kind, so was wondering if I'm missing something stupid on my part after having been gone so long or if I need an update etc. Thanks in advance :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-10-23 08:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mythh said: »
Hey I just have a simple question: I've recently returned from a seven month break and so one of the first things I did was augment my Acro gear for Samurai and tried to implement it into some of my GS sets. Nothing was changing after I saved it and reloaded it so i tried changing something simple like a piece of idle town gear then saving and reloading, and still nothing would change. Made sure everything was spelled correct and wasn't getting any errors of Any kind, so was wondering if I'm missing something stupid on my part after having been gone so long or if I need an update etc. Thanks in advance :)

It's not really possible to answer this without seeing the lua you were editing. (pastebin)

Even though you're not getting any errors, you can still enable showswaps, and debugmode. It might also be helpful to remove all augmented gear from your lua, just to rule it out.

This is how I handle my Acro augments.
Code
     Acro = {}
     Acro.Hands = {}
     Acro.Feet = {}

Acro.Hands.Haste = {name="Acro gauntlets", augments={'STR+3 AGI+3','Accuracy+18 Attack+18','Haste+2'}} 
     Acro.Hands.STP = {name="Acro gauntlets", augments={'Accuracy+19 Attack+19','"Store TP"+5','Weapon skill damage +3%'}}

Acro.Feet.STP = {name="Acro Leggings", augments={'STR+7 AGI+7','Accuracy+17 Attack+17','"Store TP"+6'}} 
     Acro.Feet.WSD = {name="Acro Leggings", augments={'Accuracy+18 Attack+18','"Dbl. Atk."+3','Weapon skill damage +2%'}} 

-- example use 
   sets.engaged = {
         hands=Acro.Hands.STP,
         feet=Acro.Feet.STP
     }

Asura.Mythh
By Asura.Mythh 2015-10-23 08:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the quick response. In regards to augmented gear, it wasn't just that that wasn't changing, it's basically anything I try to change at all. My taeon and helios I never had to add anything special for them to change, which is what confused me I guess. I'll show you my lua if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it. Created a pastebin, gonna try to figure out how to post my GS in there now for you to see.

http://pastebin.com/QAXkZkyr

Haven't had problems in the past with GS, which is why I was surprised. there's my GS, it's a copy/paste of someone elses' just edited. Thanks for your time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-10-23 10:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mythh said: »
Thanks for the quick response. In regards to augmented gear, it wasn't just that that wasn't changing, it's basically anything I try to change at all. My taeon and helios I never had to add anything special for them to change, which is what confused me I guess. I'll show you my lua if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it. Created a pastebin, gonna try to figure out how to post my GS in there now for you to see.

http://pastebin.com/QAXkZkyr

Haven't had problems in the past with GS, which is why I was surprised. there's my GS, it's a copy/paste of someone elses' just edited. Thanks for your time.

Your Tachi:Fudo set has a syntax error. (line 66) Take care when using set_combine(), as you need to close the ending parenthesis.
i.e.
sets.precast.WS['Tachi: Fudo'] = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {
range="Cibitshavore",
head="Yaoyotl Helm",
neck="Light Gorget",
ear1="Brutal Earring",
ear2="Moonshade Earring",
body="Sakonji Domaru +1",
hands="Acro Gaunlets",
ring1="Karieyh Ring",
ring2="Ifrit Ring +1",
back="Buquwik Cape",
waist="Light Belt",
legs="Acro Breeches",
feet="Acro Leggings"
})

You may want to add some line-breaks, or tabs to your lua for legibility sake, as it's pretty difficult to spot syntax errors with the way your sets are typed out.

If this ever happens again, I recommend pasting your lua into an online interpreter. This is a good one. Paste it in, and click the "execute" button at the top. If there's any small syntax errors it will tell you where in the green box below, and place a red X on the offending line.

HTH
 Asura.Mythh
By Asura.Mythh 2015-10-23 11:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Okay I'll try that and see if it works. Yeah, it's really messy but was literally a copy/paste. If that doesn't fix it *shrug*. Thanks for your help will let ya know.
 Asura.Serkit
user: Devin622
By Asura.Serkit 2015-10-23 16:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a working utsusemi NI shadow cancel on ichi cast? Ive been putting every one i can find online into my LUA for BLU but i cant seem to find one that will work.

I was told by a few this option use to work but is now broken.

thanks
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-23 17:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Serkit said: »
Does anyone have a working utsusemi NI shadow cancel on ichi cast? Ive been putting every one i can find online into my LUA for BLU but i cant seem to find one that will work.

I was told by a few this option use to work but is now broken.

thanks
Do you have the cancel addon loaded?
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 180 181 182