Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 181 182 183
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-17 01:48:32
Link | Citer | R

How would I write a command for blu Mage so that it checks to see if party members are low hp and if I'm going to self cure have it cast AOE or a higher tier instead if the proper spells are set? I tried to mimic con's whm version but it didn't work out so well.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 12:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
How would I write a command for blu Mage so that it checks to see if party members are low hp and if I'm going to self cure have it cast AOE or a higher tier instead if the proper spells are set? I tried to mimic con's whm version but it didn't work out so well.
Code
function pretarget(spell)
    if T{"Pollen","Magic Fruit"}:contains(spell.name) and AutoAga == 1 then
        if not party_index_lookup(spell.target.name) then
            return
        end
        local target_count = 0
        local total_hpp_deficit = 0
        for i=1,party.count do          
				if party[i].hpp<75 and party[i].status_id ~= 2 and party[i].status_id ~= 3 then
					target_count = target_count + 1
					total_hpp_deficit = total_hpp_deficit + (100 - party[i].hpp)
				end
			end
			if target_count > 1 then
				cancel_spell()
				if total_hpp_deficit / target_count > Curaga_benchmark then           
					send_command(';input /ma "White Wind" '..spell.target.name..';')
				else
					send_command(';input /ma "Other example" '..spell.target.name..';')
				end
			end
    end 
end 

This works on Self Target and Targetting other people in your party as well, you would also need...
Code
		AutoAga = 1
		Curaga_benchmark = 40

The Curaga Benchmark is for the Higher Tier Spell, this will only check if people within your party's hp is lower than 75% and it has to be 2+ people, it will then change it to White Wind, if everyones over ~ 40% as an average over the targets who's hp checks below 75% (ie 3 people at 35% but everyone else at 100 would still proc then High Tier, but if 3 were at 74% and 3 at 39% it would only use White Wind~)

You would also need to change some of the BLU AoE Cures from target name to "insert your player Name"

Disclaimer: Flippant helped a ton with this so I don't take credit for the original example in my Gearswap files, it worked but it was clunky! and only did curaga 3 >_>
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-17 15:03:32
Link | Citer | R

OK and last one, It works now up until i dont know buff ids. Help me clean up the end so 10s warning and End notice kicks in
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
        state.Buff[buff] = gain
    end
buff = string.lower(buff)
	if buff == "aftermath: lv.3" then -- AM3 Timer --
		if gain then
			send_command('timers create "Aftermath: Lv.3" 180 down AM3.png;wait 120;input /echo Aftermath: Lv.3 [WEARING OFF IN 60 SEC.];wait 30;input /echo Aftermath: Lv.3 [WEARING OFF IN 30 SEC.];wait 20;input /echo Aftermath: Lv.3 [WEARING OFF IN 10 SEC.]')
		else
			send_command('timers delete "Aftermath: Lv.3"')
			add_to_chat(123,'AM3: [OFF]')
		end
	end
	if buff == "Nat. Meditation ID" then -- ATK Boost Timer --
		if gain then
			send_command('timers create "Nat. Meditation commands here with 10 sec remain /echo Nat. Meditation[10s Remaining]' )
		else
			send_command('timers delete "Nat. Meditation ID"')
			add_to_chat(123,'Nat. Meditation[OFF]')
		end
	end
end
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-17 15:06:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Code
            return
        end
        local target_count = 0
        for i=1,party.count do          
				end
			end
			if target_count > 1 then
				cancel_spell()
				else
				end
			end
    end 
end 

This works on Self Target and Targetting other people in your party as well, you would also need...
Code
		AutoAga = 1
		Curaga_benchmark = 40

The Curaga Benchmark is for the Higher Tier Spell, this will only check if people within your party's hp is lower than 75% and it has to be 2+ people, it will then change it to White Wind, if everyones over ~ 40% as an average over the targets who's hp checks below 75% (ie 3 people at 35% but everyone else at 100 would still proc then High Tier, but if 3 were at 74% and 3 at 39% it would only use White Wind~)

You would also need to change some of the BLU AoE Cures from target name to "insert your player Name"

Disclaimer: Flippant helped a ton with this so I don't take credit for the original example in my Gearswap files, it worked but it was clunky! and only did curaga 3 >_>

Anyway for me to add it to push up M.Fruit to P.Embrace, I will test it out as soon as i get someone to drin these venom pots..
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 15:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Code
            return
        end
        local target_count = 0
        for i=1,party.count do          
				end
			end
			if target_count > 1 then
				cancel_spell()
				else
				end
			end
    end 
end 

Code
		AutoAga = 1
		Curaga_benchmark = 40

Anyway for me to add it to push up M.Fruit to P.Embrace, I will test it out as soon as i get someone to drin these venom pots..

Posted in the other thread you made.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-18 08:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Code
            return
        end
        local target_count = 0
        for i=1,party.count do          
				end
			end
			if target_count > 1 then
				cancel_spell()
				else
				end
			end
    end 
end 

Code
		AutoAga = 1
		Curaga_benchmark = 40

Posted in the other thread you made.
Im not sure why but i couldnt get this code to work, i tried to rework from looking through a bunch of whm lua but the tier and code is so much more vast due to Aga lvs that i couldnt make heads or tails
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-18 16:43:36
Link | Citer | R

I tested it, it works. Not sure why yours doesn't.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-19 13:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, I'm thinking of moving other jobs to gearswap, only previously setting up THF, right now I determine my TP set through a group of TP sets that I can toggle through, would it be possible to do something similar but sort of combine toggles?

So for instance I could set PDT on and Accuracy on and it would equip a PDT + Accuracy set, or using THF as an example, maybe set a TH toggle so it would always equip my TH pieces on whatever TP set I use, it's ok if I would have to define specific sets, like TP+TH, Evasion+TH, PDT+TH that sort of thing but is it possible?

I'm still not very good at gearswap so I'm not sure how it would be carried out, but I was thinking you'd like have an accuracy macro that could toggle between different tiers of accuracy needed and maybe another toggle for different forms of PDT.

So if your accuracy toggle was set to medium accuracy and your pdt toggle might just have a standard pdt set and special ones like a BDT+PDT set for elvaan, if you go with the standard PDT you'd end up equipping a PDT+Accuracy set.

Are there lua that already do this? Or have I described an overly complicated way of doing something much simpler? My thought behind it was, have that rather than like 10 different tp sets to toggle through.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 13:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Out of curiosity, I'm thinking of moving other jobs to gearswap, only previously setting up THF, right now I determine my TP set through a group of TP sets that I can toggle through, would it be possible to do something similar but sort of combine toggles?

So for instance I could set PDT on and Accuracy on and it would equip a PDT + Accuracy set, or using THF as an example, maybe set a TH toggle so it would always equip my TH pieces on whatever TP set I use, it's ok if I would have to define specific sets, like TP+TH, Evasion+TH, PDT+TH that sort of thing but is it possible?

I'm still not very good at gearswap so I'm not sure how it would be carried out, but I was thinking you'd like have an accuracy macro that could toggle between different tiers of accuracy needed and maybe another toggle for different forms of PDT.

So if your accuracy toggle was set to medium accuracy and your pdt toggle might just have a standard pdt set and special ones like a BDT+PDT set for elvaan, if you go with the standard PDT you'd end up equipping a PDT+Accuracy set.

Are there lua that already do this? Or have I described an overly complicated way of doing something much simpler? My thought behind it was, have that rather than like 10 different tp sets to toggle through.

Well you could do ~

TP.Acc["low"]~high
TP.PDT
TP.MDT
TP.Hybrid.Acc["low"]~high.

You can then use equip set rules so
Code
elseif new == 'Engaged' then
		equipSet = sets.TP
		if Armor == 'Hybrid' and equipSet["Hybrid"] then
			equipSet = equipSet["Hybrid"]
		end
		if equipSet[player.equipment.main] then
			equipSet = equipSet[player.equipment.main]
		end
		if equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]] then
			equipSet = equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]]
		end
		if buffactive["Aftermath: Lv.3"] and equipSet["AM3"] then
			equipSet = equipSet["AM3"]
		end
end

Sets could be laid out like this ~
Code
-- Hybrid Sets --
	sets.TP.Hybrid = set_combine(sets.PDT,{
			body="Sakonji domaru +1",
			hands="Wakido Kote +1",
			ring1="Dark ring",
			feet="Sakonji Sune-Ate +1"})
	sets.TP.Hybrid.MidACC = set_combine(sets.TP.Hybrid,{})
	sets.TP.Hybrid.HighACC = set_combine(sets.TP.Hybrid.MidACC,{})
	sets.TP.Hybrid.OshiACC = set_combine(sets.TP.Hybrid.HighACC,{})

Rules ~

Code
function self_command(command)
	if command == 'C1' then -- Accuracy Level Toggle --
		AccIndex = (AccIndex % #AccArray) + 1
		add_to_chat(158,'Accuracy Level: '..AccArray[AccIndex])
		status_change(player.status)
	elseif command == 'C5' then -- Auto Update Toggle --
		add_to_chat(158,'Auto Update')
	elseif command == 'C2' then -- Hybrid Toggle --
		if Armor == 'Hybrid' then
			Armor = 'None'
			add_to_chat(8,'Hybrid Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			Armor = 'Hybrid'
			add_to_chat(158,'Hybrid Set: '..AccArray[AccIndex])
		end
	elseif command == 'C7' then -- PDT Toggle --
		if Armor == 'PDT' then
			Armor = 'none'
			add_to_chat(8,'PDT Set: [Unlocked]')
		else
			Armor = 'PDT'
			add_to_chat(158,'PDT Set: [Locked]')
		end
	end
end
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-19 14:03:27
Link | Citer | R

I had a question about gender specific items and how to write them into a file, particularly the DNC relic/AF pieces. Any idea on how to specify to swap into male pieces?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 14:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I had a question about gender specific items and how to write them into a file, particularly the DNC relic/AF pieces. Any idea on how to specify to swap into male pieces?

I thought gender gear for DNC was dictated by whether you were female or not, I didn't even know there was a variant for this...

I'm 99% sure this is Dat based so... not sure if You're trolling or not lol
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-19 14:40:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm 100% serious. Simply using "Maxixi Casaque +1" or "Maxixi Toe Shoes +1" does not swap the gear.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 14:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Maxixi Toe Shoes +1

Well if these items have the same name (and the same ID) I personally don't know of a Method.

Might be able to rid something up based on item location ie ~

if (some event) then
Male()
eend
Code
function male()
local wardrobe == windower.ffxi.get_items(wardrobe)
	something something
	end

Although checking and equipping items only from a specifed location I don't believe is that easy. It might be easier to create a local side ID that you attack to items only within your Wardrobe (like how equip item 1 with Wardrobe and normal)...

That's a tad beyond my knowledge however
By Yandaime 2014-12-21 08:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Woah woah woah... Wait...

So Gearswap can detect when a Curaga is needed and replace the single-target cure accordingly? I copied the WHM lua you had in the WHM Guide v2 to use for my WHM mule, will it make it so my WHM mule will cast Aga's when needed? That makes it MUCH more viable for intense events such as Delve where AoE damage is common
By Nyruul 2014-12-21 09:11:01
Link | Citer | R

That's just disgusting...

There's all these new/return people who join and try to catch up then wind up quitting because of how supportive and thoughtful most the career xi players are. Meanwhile you got people multiboxing delve with scripts and bots... It's funny cause the same people will complain about the condition of the game like population but are completely oblivious to how they are a big part of the problem.
By Yandaime 2014-12-21 09:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Nyruul said: »

There's all these new/return people who join and try to catch up then wind up quitting because of how supportive and thoughtful most the career xi players are. Meanwhile you got people multiboxing delve with scripts and bots... It's funny cause the same people will complain about the condition of the game like population but are completely oblivious to how they are a big part of the problem.

My apologies, I meant no offense. But my motives are mostly for situations where me and some other friends desire to do a delve but have no trustworthy healer around. It can never be denied that most people have little or no desire at all to be the support. Having a bot to fill the job that no one "Wants" to play is often the most ideal situation and I would be extremely surprised if you yourself do not use bots or have people in your groups that do. They are just too useful.

Why shout forever for a COR or BRD that you don't know that you can trust or not to do its job when you have a mule that you raised and geared yourself that you know will do it's job 99.5% of the time because it is on an Automated system that requires little supervision?

I would always take a human healer over a bot any day but having a reliable bot is better than not doing anything for the lack of having a human.

P.S.
I know you weren't directing your comment towards me in particular but I don't think the "Casual" FFXI player would even consider going to the trouble of scripts or bots. It's usually the long-time players that look for ways to work more efficiently cuz multi-boxing is a hassle even with bots.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 10:56:37
Link | Citer | R

This thread is about whats doable with something.

Ethics was never the question.

The Curaga Rule is there to help people who are new, and who are not great at deciding curaga vs Cure themselves, its a toggle so you can turn it off.

Now if you want to discuss "Is it ok to use something" you realize FFXIAH is a breach in the terms and conditions for FFXI and therefore using this site totaly destroys your objectivity.

Same with gearswap itself.
Any addon.
Windower.

Etc the list is endless, if you are commenting this because you don't like someone achieving something via a certain amount of autonomy, then leave the thread entirely as that's what gearswap does, makes gear changes autonomous.

Your comments are providing nothing helpful nor informative and you are just trying to "make people feel bad".

Anything can be used in a negative way (like words) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't teach people to read and write. Take your limited views elsewhere as they are completely unwanted / useless / not wanted here on this thread about your opinion over whether something should be doable or not.

It's exactly the same as gearswap deciding which Acc set to use in your WS depending on what your acc is.

I don't see you not advocating that and even if you did, so what? no one cares.
[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-21 11:25:46
Link | Citer | R

@Yandaime

The people I play with don't shout forever for cors or brds. We dont shout for anything. The people I play with take more people on than they need for the sake of supporting their fellow players.

I don't argue entirely against alts or even bots(I have alts and have used bots) but people who abuse it also try to play the card about availability(not that I don't believe you in your case.)

@Conagh

Not trying to make anyone feel bad because anyone I am referring to would never feel bad regardless of what I said.

Also you make a perfectly good point about the purpose of this thread however my comment is in no way any type of attempt at being a troll or derailing this topic. I think I have the right to speak my mind and call something as I see it.

Some breaches in term and conditions are acceptable as they don't really hurt anything involving the game but there is a point where what one is doing is really affecting the community and in these cases people should know better and have some self control. Compare the difference between windower and ashita for instance. I don't agree about making handicaps for new players, that doesn't condition them to learn how to actually do the job.

If you want to discuss this more then please PM me.

Edit: Wanted to add that I'm not speaking against ashita, was just using it in a contrast for my point.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 11:36:00
Link | Citer | R

@Yandaime

The people I play with don't shout forever for cors or brds. We dont shout for anything. The people I play with take more people on than they need for the sake of supporting their fellow players.

I don't argue entirely against alts or even bots(I have alts and have used bots) but people who abuse it also try to play the card about availability(not that I don't believe you in your case.)

@Conagh

Not trying to make anyone feel bad because anyone I am referring to would never feel bad regardless of what I said.

Also you make a perfectly good point about the purpose of this thread however my comment is in no way any type of attempt at being a troll or derailing this topic. I think I have the right to speak my mind and call something as I see it.

Some breaches in term and conditions are acceptable as they don't really hurt anything involving the game but there is a point where what one is doing is really affecting the community and in these cases people should know better and have some self control. Compare the difference between windower and ashita for instance. I don't agree about making handicaps for new players, that doesn't condition them to learn how to actually do the job.

If you want to discuss this more then please PM me.

Edit: Wanted to add that I'm not speaking against ashita, was just using it in a contrast for my point.

Its a double standard, you can't say a breach is ok because it suits you and then protest others~

GS doesn't make people cheat more or exclude people, thats the person decision so the comment is still irrelevant.
By Nyruul 2014-12-21 11:42:59
Link | Citer | R

No this is how you extremist make it out to be. It is one thing to use windower for the convenience of what it improves in areas where this game lacks however it is entirely another thing to run a full party of bots for ones own selfish profiteering/bragging rights. There is nothing wrong with liberalism however only a fool believes in 100% left.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2014-12-21 11:46:56
Link | Citer | R

I don't think there is anything wrong with that Eslim(I use gearswap.). However when you have it doing the thinking for you it is another thing. SE has even gone to making the sets option but I myself feel it has too many short comings.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-21 11:52:53
Link | Citer | R

This thread is for gearswap support, not to debate the morals of those who use it or argue about scripting.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 13:47:08
Link | Citer | R

There's many features you can add to Gearswap~ you can make it tell you if you have a map when you enter a zone, and if not tell you who sells i for how much (its pretty basic just would require a database to be made by some bored soul).

You can make it check your pDIF (approximate value) so you can equip STR+ attack gears instead of something like elemental belts etc. (I have a working rule for that).

Gearswap is only limited by what people want and can think of, there's hundreds of ways to make it enhance players ability and enjoyment from the game ~

I helped a LS mate on his GEO get a list of all geo spells names and effects in a on screen (Similar to Rhombus but without it being clickable) so he didn't have to keep referring to a list, not everyone has room to remember 90000 things at once so it's helpful.

The Autoing ROE Quests (You mean selecting them when you enter a WKR for example?) is probably doable actually, but I could see issues with it...

The most interesting ones typically come from unusual requests that then find unexpected results, honestly Flippant helped me alot with understanding and learning some of the more complicated rules and structures in Lua/GS.

Unfortionately GS doesn;t have the function to make someone hit keys faster :/ (I would pay soo much money for this to happen lol)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-21 14:52:00
Link | Citer | R

When you download GearSwap, it offers fewer automation options than Spellcast did (no changespell). GearSwap is basically just a thin layer on top of the normal Windower Lua API that exposes a handful of unique functions (like equip) and calls a few unique events (like precast).

However, GearSwap was designed to be extensible. It has access to the entire Lua API. If people want to use it for things that pass Windower's ethical boundaries, I can't stop them. I can only stop them from submitting their creations as libraries, which I do.

If people wanted to submit libraries that did things like auto-submit quest objectives when you zone into a WKR, display GEO spells, parsing, and that kind of non-exploity thing, I'd accept them and they could be part of everyone's repertoire.
[+]
 Siren.Kenesu
Serveur: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2014-12-21 15:22:47
Link | Citer | R

Someone should start a thread for them. I'm sure there's lots of ideas people have for this.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-21 18:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
When you download GearSwap, it offers fewer automation options than Spellcast did (no changespell). GearSwap is basically just a thin layer on top of the normal Windower Lua API that exposes a handful of unique functions (like equip) and calls a few unique events (like precast).

However, GearSwap was designed to be extensible. It has access to the entire Lua API. If people want to use it for things that pass Windower's ethical boundaries, I can't stop them. I can only stop them from submitting their creations as libraries, which I do.

If people wanted to submit libraries that did things like auto-submit quest objectives when you zone into a WKR, display GEO spells, parsing, and that kind of non-exploity thing, I'd accept them and they could be part of everyone's repertoire.

When I finish this Acc parse over time rule I'll send it your way to check if that's alright with you ~
By Cleric 2014-12-21 21:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Is there a gearswap lua/script that you can use to cycle use a WS right at 100%?

Thinking it would be beneficial to have when skilling up on Uragnites... Unlock trial weaponskills/nyzul weaponskills overnight..
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-22 11:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Cons I never got that cure rule to work for blu I'm still tinkering but I have a new question?! I've seen people make a rule to have a event reoccur constantly so is it possible to have a dart spam rule so it recast whenever possible and only stops to rebuff haste atk boost and if I could do it can I included a off switch, sort of like have rng have a addon that let's them auto shoot exactly how ppl auto swing.. (I almost out parsed a rng, I lost by 8% on D avatar fights. My fingers where hurting from the spam and I kept losing time trying to watch buffs)
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 181 182 183