users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » General question regarding Scholar Macros
General question regarding Scholar Macros
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-25 14:40:19
Link | Citer | R

I have SCH 99, but always found it to be a little clunky and haven't really played it since integrating windower into my gameplay.

Now that I have it, I have essentially infinite macros lines.

Do most Scholars macro in Dark Arts/Light Arts with the spells they cast? At the moment the number of macros I have to do things is excessive, or atleast seems so at times.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2013-06-25 15:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Generally speaking, for most endgame events you'll probably be sitting in a single role- nuking, stunning, healing, etc- so constantly shifting between Light/Dark Arts isn't really an issue. (not that the recast timers would allow it)

If you find yourself in a situation where you need quick access to a single spell from the other side, there's always Enlightenment. (Say, if you're nuking/stunning and your RR wears off, or a melee bites it and needs a raise and the WHM is too busy curing to Arise)

I suppose a good rule of thumb would be if you're only going to be using a particular Art briefly (like, 10~ seconds), and don't require any specific stratagems from it, you probably don't need to switch over unless both timers are up and you feel like being thorough.

Edit: Possible exceptions for this could be swapping to Light Arts to Regen someone so you get maximum potency, or jumping to Dark Arts for a Drain/Aspir so you actually get something back from it.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-25 16:51:11
Link | Citer | R

Well considering you can't cast dark arts twice figured i'll try adding it to stuff worthwhile, I.e. cures... and adding light arts/addendum to cursnas and such. I don't think the wait 1 will cause too much issue.
 Bahamut.Voevode
Serveur: Bahamut
user: voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-06-25 17:06:24
Link | Citer | R

You generally don't want any delay between the time you hit your macro for cure and the time that cure goes off. There should be no reason to have to macro that, but if you use spellcast there are rules that would do that for you. That 1 second delay however is when your dark knight does D:

Edit: that goes the same for any -na spells. They have short casting time and recast time and that would essentially double it.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-25 17:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Voevode said: »
You generally don't want any delay between the time you hit your macro for cure and the time that cure goes off. There should be no reason to have to macro that, but if you use spellcast there are rules that would do that for you. That 1 second delay however is when your dark knight does D:

Edit: that goes the same for any -na spells. They have short casting time and recast time and that would essentially double it.

Yeah that's what i found later after fixing all my macros... editing for newbness now :P.
By failacious 2013-06-26 03:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Throwing this here as a thing I do but I know most don't but I noticed a huge increase in efficiency when I set up individual cure macros depending on the slot in the party. What I mean is the second pallet down i have as alt1-6 being cures for party members 1 through 6 (1 being me, and you actually start at 0)

I have this for Cure III/IV/Paralyna/Erase/Silena. I dont think you really need silena I've noticed over the years but the first 4 help a ton. You no longer focus so much on the targeting of the person (some use stpc and then tab over) but that is a lot of delayed time. When I want to cure someone who isn't in my party I have alt/ctrl 7 being the targetable cure/na spell

Doing this, I use 6 pallets altogether for my sch (12 if you count ctrl + alt) but once you have things memorized its literally only 2 ups or 2 downs to access all of my spells and not having to worry about targetting on the "need to cast now" spells.
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-06-26 04:19:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't have light arts or dark arts macrod, same with addendum white/black. (Basically any spell/abi that I need but isn't common enough to warrant a macro slot). I use aliases. If you have windower, you can use them too, you don't need any special addons/plugins for them. Here's an example from my alias.txt :

alias la input /ja "Light Arts" <me>;
alias da input /ja "Dark Arts" <me>;
alias aw input /ja "Addendum: White" <me>;
alias ab input /ja "Addendum: Black" <me>;

In game, I type //la for light arts, and //aw for addendum: white, etc. (I'm sure you get the idea).

If you're interested in doing this, just make a plain notepaded txt file and save it in your windower/scripts folder, and name it alias.txt, then type //exec alias.txt in game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-26 04:20:04
Link | Citer | R

My input on scholar macros is:
Stun on Alt+1.

That is all, carry on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-26 06:08:35
Link | Citer | R

most important spell goes on ctrl i dont even
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2013-06-26 07:14:01
Link | Citer | R

ctrl for offensive, alt for defensive man!

XD
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-26 07:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
My input on scholar macros is:
Stun on Alt+1.

That is all, carry on.
;;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [154 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Nuran
user: Nuran
By Carbuncle.Nuran 2013-11-27 16:36:57
Link | Citer | R

I used this guide from the wiki http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scholar_Macro_Guide

Can take a little to get your head round but i find it works really.

Ive tweaked it to suit my self adding in scripts for all the crap we have to carry around with us lol

Hope this helps