First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-22 14:58:00
Link | Citer | R

The widescan packet has level information for every monster, so you could send widescan request packets at regular intervals to build a list of monster levels. Still, though, I agree with your analysis. It's ultimately not possible because we don't know what gear people are wearing, what their merits/job points are, etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-22 15:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
The widescan packet has level information for every monster, so you could send widescan request packets at regular intervals to build a list of monster levels. Still, though, I agree with your analysis. It's ultimately not possible because we don't know what gear people are wearing, what their merits/job points are, etc.
Wait, seriously? Even NMs? Gimmegimmegimme. Hmmm, but does that work in places where you can't access the map?

In any case, I find this extremely interesting as an info gathering tool, and way to figure out shield block rates for NMs.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-22 15:23:24
Link | Citer | R

I do not know if SE sends packets if you use it somewhere without a map.
 Leviathan.Vow
Serveur: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-04-26 08:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
New Idea:
Overlay plugin for tablet PC's, things like a macro bar always up for touch screens, and things like a functioning d-pad. So people can play their 3g enabled windoze tablets without all the old school wired fuss we use.

XI want's to be free! Maybe something while the tablet is not plugged into power, it automatically downgrades the graphic settings a bit to help a battery last?
Are you able to register different types of clicks in the mouse event while using your tablet?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [106 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-10 02:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Posting an idea, would love to see something like this.
I would love an addon that checks all the sets present in your LUA folder's LUAs, and then creates a TXT file with all the pieces that are in a certain repository but are not present in any of your Luas.

The goal of this addon would be to spot items that you still have in your repositories but are not currently using anymore, and so you could mule them, delete them, send them away, mog porter them etc.

Examples:
//mogcleaner mogsafe

Going to check the "Mog Safe" repository and check if any of the items in there are NOT present in any of your LUA's sets (not your currently loaded lua, ALL your luas).
It will return a message on screen like "All items are present in your Luas!" or "Found 15 items not in your Luas!"
If there is a result, it will also create a TXT file in the Gearchecker folder with a list of all the items found.

//mogcleaner moglocker filter

Gonna perform the check in the Mog Locker, with Filters turned to on.
"Filters" can be defined in the specific Gear Checker XML and allow you to filter one or multiple of your luas.

Currently it's possible to do something similar with Gearswap and with your currently loaded Lua.
You can:
1) Check for items present in your current lua, but not currently present in your inventory/wardrobe
2) Check for items present in your inventory, but not present in your Lua sets.

It's not quite the same as what I'm asking for.
So, the big question now is: Do you think something like this could be possible to create with relative ease?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-10 10:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Basically the "//GS validate inventory" command is very close.
The two differences that I'm looking for are:

1) Being able to use it with parameters other than "inventory" (mogsafe, moglocker, wardrobe, mogcase etc)
2) Being able to use it with ALL the luas in my Lua folder, and not just the currently loaded one.
3) Put the results in a TXT file, altough this is not really necessary in the end.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [105 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-11-23 13:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Oooh, I have an idea!

SE added timers that show the approximate remaining time on buffs, is there a way to take that information and integrate it into the windower timers, so I can get an exact duration bar for stuff like mighty guard (which can change depending on gear, job points, and using diffusion), or whatever buffs you want? Because it's annoying not having a bar for mighty guard, and since I use diffusion with max job points and merits and gear, it lasts OVER 5 minutes, but I don't know the exact duration (unless I math it out then have GS make a timer for it). But if someone can take the information from the game on buff duration (or even enfeeble duration on self), that'd probably help a lot of people. Not sure where this data is stored or how to do it myself. My programming knowledge is very basic and outdated/forgotten. lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
By dustinfoley 2016-01-28 10:57:52
Link | Citer | R

1) a cp chain progress bar, so you can see how long you have/how much faster you need to kill to keep cp chain going

2) a skill chain progress bar so you can see how much time you have to close a skill chain a party member opened (/also to make sure you dont go to quick)
[+]
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2016-02-03 16:11:08
Link | Citer | R

dustinfoley said: »
1) a cp chain progress bar, so you can see how long you have/how much faster you need to kill to keep cp chain going

2) a skill chain progress bar so you can see how much time you have to close a skill chain a party member opened (/also to make sure you dont go to quick)

This, especially number 2, would be really useful.

Maybe for some noob-friendly addon to help people learn, something to show the current SC element that is on the mob and show which WS's (based off current weapon and ranged if you are RNG or /RNG) you can do to make certain other SC's off that. Possible?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
By Selindrile 2016-05-10 13:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Would it be possible to create an addon to stop spell-lock?

Like ja0wait does but without the added ability to move during animations that you initiated yourself, so basically to make animation lock function like it was intended but that square doesn't seem to be able to get working on their end.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-10 13:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Assuming you're talking about bypassing the delay following an action before you can take another action, the answer is no.

That delay after attempting/using MAs/JAs/WSs is implemented on the server and the client has no direct limitation to bypass, besides the 1 command/second text limitation that gearswap probably already bypasses.
By Selindrile 2016-05-10 13:48:17
Link | Citer | R

No, I am talking about the same thing ja0wait does, allowing you to move physically left right forward or back, when an animation that's not supposed to stop your movement is preventing you from doing so, it's very prevalent during cleaving or fighting multiple mobs, you can be locked in place unable to move or engage for a long time, you can still cast spells.

The only difference between this and ja0wait would be that this potential addon would still lock you in place for actions you initiated, as I believe the developers intended, reducing the feel of cheating, and your likelyhood to be banned for it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-10 13:53:26
Link | Citer | R

The developers pretty obviously intended for you to be locked into place in both situations.

I don't think anyone is going to bother to make you a halfassed-yet-more-complicated ja0wait. Even if they were, it would have to be a plugin.
By Selindrile 2016-05-10 13:59:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't believe they did, sometimes you're allowed to move during these animations, sometimes not, they specifically made a change to "reduce" spell lock at some point, I remember, though it didn't seem to make much of a change to me.

In fact you can already mostly get rid of this if you play with animations turned off, but, I find animations both attractive and helpful for knowing what's going on.

Yes it would be a less-effective-but-more-complicated ja0wait, but I'm surprised at your logic for that not being a plus in this case, there's plenty of such things already well in effect on our plugins, it seems to me that we have a lot in place to prevent exactly this sort of thing, in fact I remember reporting when gearswap was allowing one to cast blue magic spells on any job, and that got fixed quite fast, because someone forgot to add a check to make sure you were on that job, it's exactly that sort of thing.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-10 14:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Selindrile said: »
I don't believe they did, sometimes you're allowed to move during these animations, sometimes not, they specifically made a change to "reduce" spell lock at some point, I remember, though it didn't seem to make much of a change to me.

You used to get locked in place if any animation started on you and you weren't already in motion (including Cure). That "Cure lock" is what they were addressing, and the changes improved things a little. It's easy to remove animation lock and they chose not to, so I have to conclude that the remaining animation locks are intentional.

Selindrile said: »
It would be a less-effective-but-more-complicated ja0wait. However, I'm surprised at your logic for that not being a plus in this case. There's plenty of such things already well in effect on our plugins. It seems to me that we have a lot in place to prevent exactly this sort of thing. In fact I remember reporting when gearswap was allowing one to cast blue magic spells on any job and that got fixed quite quickly because someone forgot to add a check to make sure you were on that job, it's exactly that sort of thing.

It's very different from GearSwap's blue magic bug, which was potentially dangerous to users and went unreported for months. GearSwap assumed that SE did server side checks for action packet validity, but it turns out they just use your main job level in the check to see whether you can use a given blue magic instead of making sure you're also BLU main. That has to be just a mess-up on their part, because they (and any savvy player) definitely know your main job. That's automatic-filter-instaban territory and obviously shouldn't be part of a widely distributed addon.

As a comparison, they also don't check whether your character is engaged when you use a WS on the server. However, that's done because they can't know your character's current status on the client and decided to ignore the requirement on the server. That makes it pretty unlikely that they'll ever automatically filter for it, and only people who abuse the heck out of it and get reported would ever potentially have a problem.

JA0 is a different beast, because we already recognize that it's borderline exploity and hide it in the launcher for that reason. You're basically asking for a less obvious, less useful version of JA0 so people can't tell when you're using it quite as easily. Perhaps Arcon would be a sympathetic ear if you posted this request on the Github Windower issues tracker instead of in an addon suggestion thread, but I'm guessing not.

PS. There's so much more to punctuation-life than commas. Periods don't just go at the end of paragraphs.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2016-05-10 14:36:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't really care for timers, because it takes up too much real estate, but what about an addon that simulates the <focus> functionality, but for the whole party, but also includes just a digital timer for known duration buffs. Also, I hate where the vanilla focus is located. It's all the way accross the screen from the HP bars, so I have to waste critcal ms looking away from HP and sometimes people die due to the extra time to check my focus target.

Party buffs are exposed to luacore right? This would probably be doable.
By Selindrile 2016-05-10 14:54:19
Link | Citer | R

You still get locked in place if animations start on you and you're not in motion, this is exactly what I am referring to removing, the fact that sometimes you can blink out of it, sometimes you can't, sometimes you can begin to move before the next animation starts, sometimes you can't, when those changes were made, I noticed little change, though it's exactly this which I'm referring to removing.

And it's quite not too dissimilar to GearSwap's blue magic issue, ja0wait is potentially dangerous to users, and it's -WHY- it's hidden, a savvy player, or not so savvy one if you're being obvious about it, can quickly spot places you should be locked but aren't, what I'm asking for is exactly because of this, this would be a less worrisome thing to use, and would be less "exploity", to use your word.

I'll post it on Github then, and see if Arcon would entertain such a thing, thanks for that tip.

And as to punctuation, sorry if you find it annoying/hard to follow, but I think this is the first complaint I've gotten about it, I think in runon sentences and don't generally find it worth the time to reword them because most people either aren't bothered enough to comment on it or don't care.
 Asura.Limes
user: Limelol
By Asura.Limes 2016-05-31 11:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You can almost-perfectly track buffs that you inflict yourself because you get both the "monster1 is slept" and the "monster1's sleep effect wears off message."
I know I'm replying to a 3 year old post, but is something like that still possible to make?

I understand the limitations of the debuff tracking in this game, but that sounded like something that would be super useful to mess around with.

I recently saw a post on the subreddit of someone running around with a personal debuff tracker. Looked pretty amazing, but I was surprised that I couldn't find any information on it or something similar.
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-05 20:53:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if this is considered too exploity, but I saw there is a windower function for turning. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to use that to create some sort of key bound command that could rotate your character 180 degrees for fights with lots of things like mortal ray.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [645 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vanyar
By Asura.Vanyar 2018-03-12 12:04:10
Link | Citer | R

I have seen an add-on like this and send you a PM.
Once I find the source (I don't want to post add ons using my resources, which aren't mine) I'll update my post.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2018-04-19 22:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Got an addon suggestion for DNC. An addon that tracks your steps. Maybe an addon that allows you to track certain buffs? Something similar to WeakAuras.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-19 23:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Still waiting for a synergy lua.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-20 07:25:48
Link | Citer | R

is sellnpc still the only option or windower mass-selling to NPCs? Looking for something more comparable to bellhop for ashita.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-20 07:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Windower version of bellhop would be super awesome
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-04-20 08:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Windower version of bellhop would be super awesome
From a cursory search, I think you're looking for "itemizer" (https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons/itemizer)
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-04-20 08:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul said: »
An addon that tracks your steps.
There's an addon that tracks all debuffs on your target, but it's stuck in pull-request hell it seems. (Github link: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/pull/1630)
You're welcome to try it out and give bug reports to hopefully get it accepted ^^. (I'm not the author, but I really want it too :P)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29