wtf there's two??
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-08-06 19:08:04
Link | Citer | R

The song choice for that video, Sylow, was perfect.

I love me some Nicki.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-08-06 21:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Re this set from the OP:
ItemSet 309865

Losers like me who will never have a tekko+1 can use this alternative at a loss of only ~0.5% DPS:
ItemSet 310308

It costs around 256mil on average to make a Tekko+1 on my server right now, so this set is probably more realistic for those who didn't get a Tekko before delve.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-08-06 21:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok I have not played the game as much for a while ( Like 2 hours MAYBE a week since the very beginning of SoA) and maybe my browser is acting up but what are Manibozho Gloves on your monk for? I click on them and all I see are ranger stats. That's good for monk?

I have not seen the other augment paths so I am a little confused.
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-08-06 21:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom said: »
Ok I have not played the game as much for a while ( Like 2 hours MAYBE a week since the very beginning of SoA) and maybe my browser is acting up but what are Manibozho Gloves on your monk for? I click on them and all I see are ranger stats. That's good for monk?

I have not seen the other augment paths so I am a little confused.

Stats were updated on Monday to this:
DEF:63 HP+13 DEX+17 VIT+14 INT+1 MND+13 CHR+5 Ranged Attack+15 Evasion+12 "Mag. Def. Bonus"+1 Magic Evasion+26 Enmity-7 Enhances "Snapshot" effect Adds "Recycle" effect Haste+4%

And you can further augment them with STR+10 Att+15, Acc+10.
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2013-08-06 22:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Okay. The page didn't show the updated stats, so I was a little confused. sorry about that.
By Giaden 2013-08-06 22:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't Mani boots be ahead of usi+1 boots?
 Asura.Natenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-06 22:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Giaden said: »
idk, i would say now its best to stack all the DA/TA/QA you can but i could be wrong
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-08-06 22:29:00
Link | Citer | R

Giaden said: »

Think the usu feet come slightly ahead with the store TP (depending on the mob), and the DA+4% from the usu+1 head helps too.

Kinda sucks, I had nearly enough plans built up for either the head or feet, but I dunno if it's worth it anymore. Last I checked, the usu combo comes out ahead on fodder mobs (not delve) compared to hurkan cap/mani feet, which is situational. Dunno if it's worth getting still :\
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-08-06 23:03:30
Link | Citer | R

With the new item level stuff, we may need to start looking beyond just the raw stats. There's level correction to consider as well.

As of right now, and this is absolutely subject to change within the next month or so, Acc Builds are probably not needed for anything.

This moment, I am using:

ItemSet 308010

...and in terms of upgrades, I'd really only like to switch in Uk'uxkaj Cap, Windbuffet and Oatixur once I obtain them.

Using Usukane Somen +1 not only lowers your iLevel (which may affect damage calculations relative to mob level), but also makes Windbuffet less of an option.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-06 23:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Francisco said: »
There's level correction to consider as well.

As far as I am aware, there is no level correction in Seekers of Adoulin zones.
[+]
By pchan 2013-08-07 03:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Pchan you further show how much of an idiot you are. No one ever claimed that gear swaps are affected by job ability delay.
You are the one claiming you can do a proper boost macro with wdw or spellcast and I'm still waiting.

Quote:
You absolutely cannot use a job ability for a hard one second after using another job ability. Being a french idiot doesn't let you override game programming.

It's ok to be racist with everypost you spit, doesn't change the fact that motenten didn't test what you claim to be right. I could care less if spellcast doesn't allow to do anything else for once second.

Quote:
I would tell you to try it except you quit because Delve was too hard for you and you still couldn't succeed after wasting your time R15 all your ***instead of learning how to play with more than 2 other people. It's okay though your epic tearfest "im quitting" post in the bowels of the official forums cesspool was amusing for the rest of us.

Grats on being the butt of the joke.

1) I only R15 one gear, the one that doesn't suck
2) You are mixing me with the gimp like you spamming tojil (assumption) explaining us that farming plasm makes sense (popbably to R15 more trash ?).
3) umbral marrow = 4 airlixir+2 (things to meditate)

All of this is in my "quitting thread". I adviced people to quit and come back in september;

4) So much hate because me and mdk were the best until delve ? You are just the 100th ppl to post hate post because you saw me glow on the internet
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-07 04:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Test:

Spellcast active, but extremely limited in what it will respond to. This is the entirety of the active code:
Code
<if Spell="Trigger44">
    <addtochat>Testing with delay of %spelltargetraw</addtochat>
    <command when="precast">input /raw /ja boost motenten;wait %spelltargetraw;input /raw /ja chakra motenten</command>
    <cancelspell />
</if>

<return />

The use of the /raw directive was to be sure that Spellcast did not attempt to process that command.

I can run the test using the command "/ma trigger44 0.1" and cause the two commands to be submitted with a delay of 0.1 seconds between them. Likewise for various other delays.

I will note whether or not Chakra fired at each delay value.
Code
Delay        Chakra?
0.1             No
0.2             No
0.3             No
0.4             No
0.5             No
0.6             No
0.7             No
0.8             No
0.9             No
1.0             Mixed: No x6, Yes x2... Sensitive to lag
1.1             Yes x4

If I test inside the mog house, I get 2 "You cannot use that command here." messages, indicating that the second command is indeed being sent, even when the delays are low (all the way down to 0.1).

Note that for delays of 0.1 to 1.0, if Chakra did not fire, and Chakra's recast timer was still counting down, I didn't get the little recast timer notice either. If the delay was high enough that Chakra could have fired, I'd get the recast timer. I was able to get reliable recast notices at a delay as low as 1.02 seconds (tested in increments of 0.01, counting down from 1.1). 1.01 seconds was slightly unreliable, though better than 1.0 seconds.

Conclusion: There is a 1 second period after a JA use where no other JA (or, presumably, weaponskill, though I did not explicitly test that) can be used, and in fact that game won't respond to the attempted command at all. At a 1.00-1.02 second delay after the first command (dependent on lag, etc), the game will resume accepting additional JA usage attempts.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-07 05:25:17
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »
[
Quote:
You absolutely cannot use a job ability for a hard one second after using another job ability. Being a french idiot doesn't let you override game programming.

It's ok to be racist with everypost you spit, doesn't change the fact that motenten didn't test what you claim to be right. I could care less if spellcast doesn't allow to do anything else for once second.

A.) French is not a race and b.) I'm ethnically French so I'm allowed to be ashamed of the dishonor you bring unto my proud people.

And it's not spellcast that prevents actions for one second, it's the game architecture, as shown above.

And no, you weren't the best before Delve. You were as much ***then as you are now.

I'm sorry but, that afterglow, while it may have helped you feel as if you had patched up whatever necrotic hole you have eating away at your sense of self-worth causing you to act like a total fool on the internet, did nothing else but that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-07 05:56:46
Link | Citer | R

me and mdk were the best until delve
Big words.
By pchan 2013-08-07 07:01:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Test:

Spellcast active, but extremely limited in what it will respond to. This is the entirety of the active code:
Code
<if Spell="Trigger44">
    <addtochat>Testing with delay of %spelltargetraw</addtochat>
    <command when="precast">input /raw /ja boost motenten;wait %spelltargetraw;input /raw /ja chakra motenten</command>
    <cancelspell />
</if>

<return />

The use of the /raw directive was to be sure that Spellcast did not attempt to process that command.

I can run the test using the command "/ma trigger44 0.1" and cause the two commands to be submitted with a delay of 0.1 seconds between them. Likewise for various other delays.

I will note whether or not Chakra fired at each delay value.
Code
Delay        Chakra?
0.1             No
0.2             No
0.3             No
0.4             No
0.5             No
0.6             No
0.7             No
0.8             No
0.9             No
1.0             Mixed: No x6, Yes x2... Sensitive to lag
1.1             Yes x4

If I test inside the mog house, I get 2 "You cannot use that command here." messages, indicating that the second command is indeed being sent, even when the delays are low (all the way down to 0.1).

Note that for delays of 0.1 to 1.0, if Chakra did not fire, and Chakra's recast timer was still counting down, I didn't get the little recast timer notice either. If the delay was high enough that Chakra could have fired, I'd get the recast timer. I was able to get reliable recast notices at a delay as low as 1.02 seconds (tested in increments of 0.01, counting down from 1.1). 1.01 seconds was slightly unreliable, though better than 1.0 seconds.

Conclusion: There is a 1 second period after a JA use where no other JA (or, presumably, weaponskill, though I did not explicitly test that) can be used, and in fact that game won't respond to the attempted command at all. At a 1.00-1.02 second delay after the first command (dependent on lag, etc), the game will resume accepting additional JA usage attempts.

If someone could actually send a "ctrl 1" then a "ctrl 2" with like 0.5s interval that would actually answer the question, ctrl1 being boost and ctrl2 being a ws. As of now nothing is proven.
By pchan 2013-08-07 07:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
[
Quote:

A.) French is not a race and b.) I'm ethnically French so I'm allowed to be ashamed of the dishonor you bring unto my proud people.

And it's not spellcast that prevents actions for one second, it's the game architecture, as shown above.

And no, you weren't the best before Delve. You were as much ***then as you are now.

I'm sorry but, that afterglow, while it may have helped you feel as if you had patched up whatever necrotic hole you have eating away at your sense of self-worth causing you to act like a total fool on the internet, did nothing else but that.

So basically you spit hate and racist comment towards me just because, according to you, "I could not play with more than 2 ppl?". I think you are just an idiot.
 Sylph.Valleth
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Valleth 2013-08-07 07:13:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2013-08-07 07:27:58
Link | Citer | R

I wonder how these are obtained (Skirmish II?):

Otronif Gloves
DEF:74 HP+22 STR+8 DEX+27 VIT+22 AGI+5 INT+8 MND+22 CHR+13
Accuracy+8 Evasion+15 Magic Evasion+21 "Store TP"+7 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2
Haste+4%

Might be a better choice compared to Mani gloves, due to the STP.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-07 07:31:06
Link | Citer | R

[
So basically you spit hate and racist comment towards me just because, according to you, "I could not play with more than 2 ppl?". I think you are just an idiot.

Sorry, your victim card appears to have expired.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-07 07:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
I wonder how these are obtained (Skirmish II?):

Otronif Gloves
DEF:74 HP+22 STR+8 DEX+27 VIT+22 AGI+5 INT+8 MND+22 CHR+13
Accuracy+8 Evasion+15 Magic Evasion+21 "Store TP"+7 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2
Haste+4%

Might be a better choice compared to Mani gloves, due to the STP.
Will also be augmentable!(who knows with what stats)
 Quetzalcoatl.Lanien
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tymon
By Quetzalcoatl.Lanien 2013-08-07 11:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Can we talk DT sets for a second?

Some of the Arhat's set, specifically the head should be beaten by Uk'uxkaj Cap or Whirlpool mask now due to MDB and Magic Evasion. Yes?

No doubt Manibozho Gloves are now the best hands to use, too.
By pchan 2013-08-07 11:26:49
Link | Citer | R

magic evasion has to be stacked to work, so it doesn't make sense to compare piece A to B.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-07 11:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Lanien said: »
Can we talk DT sets for a second?

Some of the Arhat's set, specifically the head should be beaten by Uk'uxkaj Cap or Whirlpool mask now due to MDB and Magic Evasion. Yes?

No doubt Manibozho Gloves are now the best hands to use, too.

A few pages back, Motenten did an analysis of various -PDT pieces and whether or not they stack up against the new pieces with their high DEF values. I believe Arhat's Jinpachi +1 can generally be replaced with Uk'uxkaj or Whirpool now based on the DEF alone. The MDB/Magic Evasion is a bonus.
 Shiva.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-07 12:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Valleth said: »
Where'd you get that picture of pchan?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-07 12:07:32
Link | Citer | R

My big question is this... SE while you loving on the big numbers of stats boost and evasion/accuracy so much to pummel previous gear into the ground... Where the *** is all my xhit gear? All other gear still rapes SoA gear in xhit... Why?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-07 12:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Anybody got an updated impetus up set?
 Asura.Blackmagus
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Blackmagus 2013-08-07 12:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Anybody got an updated impetus up set?
There is 4 impetus sets in this guide, was updated a few days ago.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-08-07 12:32:51
Link | Citer | R

No one's saying you're an idiot because you're French. You're an idiot because you're an idiot. Also, you are French.

It's like a 6'7" thief being upset someone called him tall, but is fine with being called a thief.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 363 364 365