For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ajirha
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-02-25 08:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Cant say no to 10 more second of mighty strike while doing incursion. spamming those rudra for 15-20k ish without TA or SA at about 1k TP is nice.
lv 133 incursion.
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-25 11:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
So like an idiot I got over excited and maxed out the despoil job point category. Only I find it to be extremely useless, because you can't see your target's tp and it works by taking a percentage of the tp. It seems near impossible to use effectively.

Dont feel bad, all thfs job points abilities are lackluster. Your real goal is to receive all your gifts, that are worth all jp used.

Not all of them are lackluster, SA and TA job points are actually nice.

Larceny isn't too bad either, just extremely situational. Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists are nice ones to steal for DPS, just make sure you have alternate TP sets for them to account for the bonuses you steal. Even Invincible and Perfect Dodge can be decent to have longer durations on in certain fights.

The Larceny one might be the only good one in all of them actually. The SA/TA ones barely do anything based on the way the added damage works. The dex/agi damage from sneak/trick attack is added after the ftp of the weapon skill.

Crit and triple attack +2% is nice though
 Lakshmi.Nebo
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: NeboJones
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-02-25 11:26:45
Link | Citer | R

TH13 Is obvously the most useful OP gift of them all!
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-25 16:15:48
Link | Citer | R

THF ones aren't that bad, especially when they upgrade them to the supposed 30 people keep saying they are going to do.

Larceny is very useful for stuff like incursion. 10s extra of mighty strikes? I'll take it. 10 sa/ta effect, idgaf how its calculated, extra dmg is extra dmg. Mug is more of a gimmick, its pretty entertaining, but will actually be pretty useful with 30/30 down the road. Same with despoil. I find it normally gives less tp than the validation to use to reset auto-attack, but when that is 30/30 60% tp steal? I'll take it. Conspirator is actually pretty good, extra acc? Even more so when you have other DDs in your party not geared properly. I'll take it also.

Gifts providing extra acc/atk/ta/crit dmg and TH13 (which I don't have a large sample size, but 3/5 linen on NQ bosses in salvage since patch).

All and all, given what other jobs have received and given our already overwhelming power, I'll definitely take what we got.
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-25 20:36:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
10 sa/ta effect, idgaf how its calculated, extra dmg is extra dmg.
Okay, taking the best possible augments on the stacked rudra's set posted a few pages back a best in gear slot thf has 292 dex. 317 if a whm gave them boost dex. Assuming best case scenario of having capped attack the 317 damage added from sneak attack will be modified by 3.25 and then by the thf's crit damage 1.34. So 317 * 3.25 * 1.34 = 1380.535 extra damage from dex bonus on sneak attack. The 10% from 10 job points would be 138 extra damage on your 20k+ weapon skill. At 30 that's a whole 414, woo some big numbers there...
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-25 20:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Okay, taking the best possible augments on the stacked rudra's set posted a few pages back a best in gear slot thf has 292 dex. 317 if a whm gave them boost dex. Assuming best case scenario of having capped attack the 317 damage added from sneak attack will be modified by 3.25 and then by the thf's crit damage 1.34. So 317 * 3.25 * 1.34 = 1380.535 extra damage from dex bonus on sneak attack. The 10% from 10 job points would be 138 extra damage on your 20k+ weapon skill. At 30 that's a whole 414, woo some big numbers there...

Extra dmg is still extra dmg. I'm sorry, lets put in a petition for SE to give us flee recast insteaed, or hide recast. Please remove SA/TA effects!

Just realized I fed a troll since he quoted that one part of the entire thing and argued it like there was some argument to be had. I is sorry.
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-25 21:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Extra dmg is still extra dmg. I'm sorry, lets put in a petition for SE to give us flee recast insteaed, or hide recast. Please remove SA/TA effects!

Just realized I fed a troll since he quoted that one part of the entire thing and argued it like there was some argument to be had. I is sorry.
I appreciate the ad hominem retort of calling me a troll. That you would resort to attacks on my character rather then explain why 138 damage matters only validates my stating of how bad the SA/TA job points are. And yeah I would prefer a minute off flee instead of an extra 138 damage a minute.
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-02-25 22:58:42
Link | Citer | R

ka-ching

[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-25 23:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
ka-ching

Is that the new main hand dagger? I assume offhand izh
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-26 00:35:44
Link | Citer | R

I think it may go higher than 3% wsd, I saw a Nenekirimaru with 5% wsd today.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-26 00:51:45
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate the ad hominem retort of calling me a troll. That you would resort to attacks on my character rather then explain why 138 damage matters only validates my stating of how bad the SA/TA job points are. And yeah I would prefer a minute off flee instead of an extra 138 damage a minute.

What is there to explain. I gave a explanation I don't give a ***, more dmg is more dmg, at least we got better than a lot of jobs. You chose to argue it for reasons god only knows, hence "troll". Your comment in of itself is "ad-homiem".

You probably would prefer a minute off flee since your comments imply you are bad. You not only picked up a partial part of my entire post to directly attack it for who knows why, but you apparently missed the entire post referring to all the bonuses we received and viewed it as me strongly suggesting that SA/TA are god sends and that I love those 2 JPs specifically out of all the ***we got and that it is somehow carrying our dmg. Hence the "troll" comment, because you literally responded in a troll like matter, given what people have defined "troll" to be when used in a slang like matter.

Really should stop biting. I just can't help it though. Maybe you should read an entire post next time.
By Davorin 2015-02-26 01:18:01
Link | Citer | R

What is there to explain. I gave a explanation I don't give a ***, more dmg is more dmg, at least we got better than a lot of jobs. You chose to argue it for reasons god only knows, hence "troll". Your comment in of itself is "ad-homiem".

You probably would prefer a minute off flee since your comments imply you are bad. You not only picked up a partial part of my entire post to directly attack it for who knows why, but you apparently missed the entire post referring to all the bonuses we received and viewed it as me strongly suggesting that SA/TA are god sends and that I love those 2 JPs specifically out of all the ***we got and that it is somehow carrying our dmg. Hence the "troll" comment, because you literally responded in a troll like matter, given what people have defined "troll" to be when used in a slang like matter.

Really should stop biting. I just can't help it though. Maybe you should read an entire post next time.

Didn't seem like your statement was being attacked at all. More like a little perspective on how much the job point bonus might actually impact a player. Stop being so sensitive.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-26 01:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Davorin said: »

Didn't seem like your statement was being attacked at all. More like a little perspective on how much the job point bonus might actually impact a player. Stop being so sensitive.

insert facepalm.gif
By Heimdel 2015-02-26 12:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible for the skirmish daggers to now beat other oens with right augs?

Saw one wiht +14 dmg +20ish acc +2% ws dmg , and another with +15 str/dex and +4% double att.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-02-26 13:13:43
Link | Citer | R

I did skirmish dagger for AE and got WSD+4% leafslit+1. Also just saw h2h with quadruple attack on it on front page. If this dagger can get quad attack+2 & wsd 5 I would think it would beat jugo+1 for Vajra offhand right?
By nerz 2015-02-26 15:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Checking the new info we have about the skirmish augments, i checked few new sets.

First, some info about skirmish augments, provided most by sech in his post in bg:

- you can augment your skirmish piece with up to 3 augments. Each slot is relative to the current 3 stones type: snow, leaf and dusk. Each type of stone has 4 categories that determine what kind of job will be favored:
. Slit: melee dd;
. Tip: ranged dd;
. Dim: magic users;
. Orb: pet orbs.

- each type of slit stone has its own augment pool. For thfs, the most relevant are:
. Snowslit: att/acc. I will consider the combo att20/acc20;
. Leafslit: ta, dw. I will consider ta2 or dw5;
. Duskslit: str/dex, wsd, critdmg. I will consider str9/dex9, wsd3 and critdmg3.

The sad part is that wsd, critdmg and stats share the same slot, and it reduces a lot the relevance of wsd/critdmg. For rudra specifically, wsd > critdmg because it has the same max, and wsd can be used both in stacked and unstacked, but due to high ftp, rudra will benefit more from str/dex augments than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333278

Full taeon set with feet + back capping dw11, and the others pieces with ta2. If sam rolls is available, ginsen can be swapped by a yetshila +1 for minor small increase in dps.

ItemSet 333171

Unstacked will consider ta2 in all taeon slots with str/dex 9, what according to spreadsheet, will help more than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333169

Stacked with taeon ta2.

All sets with att20/acc20.

How much str/dex is needed to surpass wsd+3% on taeon? I have yet to see 9/9
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 16:26:03
Link | Citer | R

nerz said: »
Checking the new info we have about the skirmish augments, i checked few new sets.

First, some info about skirmish augments, provided most by sech in his post in bg:

- you can augment your skirmish piece with up to 3 augments. Each slot is relative to the current 3 stones type: snow, leaf and dusk. Each type of stone has 4 categories that determine what kind of job will be favored:

- each type of slit stone has its own augment pool. For thfs, the most relevant are:
. Duskslit: str/dex, wsd, critdmg. I will consider str9/dex9, wsd3 and critdmg3.

The sad part is that wsd, critdmg and stats share the same slot, and it reduces a lot the relevance of wsd/critdmg. For rudra specifically, wsd > critdmg because it has the same max, and wsd can be used both in stacked and unstacked, but due to high ftp, rudra will benefit more from str/dex augments than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333278

Full taeon set with feet + back capping dw11, and the others pieces with ta2. If sam rolls is available, ginsen can be swapped by a yetshila +1 for minor small increase in dps.

ItemSet 333171

Unstacked will consider ta2 in all taeon slots with str/dex 9, what according to spreadsheet, will help more than wsd/critdmg.

ItemSet 333169

Stacked with taeon ta2.

Tomorrow i will recheck in my spreadsheet but probably just dex+10 without str (a possible value with dusktip stones) can easily beat without str factor.

The max combo seems to be dex7/str7, but individual stats goes up to 10.
 Cerberus.Warviper
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-02-27 03:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Celoria said: »
ka-ching

So if you are only interested in highest SATA Rudras Storm numbers without having Vajra, then this is now the best option instead of IZ?

And if you need that TH offhand Sandung?
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-27 04:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
ka-ching

So if you are only interested in highest SATA Rudras Storm numbers without having Vajra, then this is now the best option instead of IZ?

Get TH belt/hands/feet you don't need Sandung.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 05:26:43
Link | Citer | R

nerz said: »

ItemSet 333278

ItemSet 333171

ItemSet 333169

Stacked with taeon ta2.

I retested with both dex10 and str7 + dex7 and wsd3 beated both, but of course for a very small margin.

I tested dex and str/dex combo in tp set, for tojil as target, and the result was that adding dex up till a limit (possible dex sweet spot) will be more benefitial than str, making dex10 more appealing than str7+dex7 but having the exact amount of dex to cap it seems unreasonable most of time.

So, personally i would sugest using dex10 instead dex7 + str7 because for most high level mobs, you will be bellow dex sweet spot making dex more important than str. I would sugest using just the dex10 for tp and ws to save you inventory space as the difference is really small, but i can see wsd benefiting more ws for others jobs like coronach.

Finally, that ipetam with dmg15 and wsd3 beats izhiikoh for dynamis by a good margin, but still lose to izhiikoh against tojil (small margin though, probably a perfect augmented ipetam can slightly pull ahead izhiikoh, or the advent of the 4th augment slot in rakaznar alluvion).

Edit: in theory, against tojil ipetam + izhiikoh offhand beats izhiikoh + jugo by about 10 dmg, but considering the spreadsheet does not consider the additional effect, i could say the combo izhiikoh + jugo +1 and ipetam + izhiikoh are even. Against dynamis, ipetam + izhiikoh is a good amount inferior to ipetam + jugo.
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-27 13:11:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
ka-ching

Get TH belt/hands/feet you don't need Sandung.

Might not even need the belt soon. They announced today that empy is getting reforged. Hopefully the feet get an extra TH on it when 119. Other than that I think I will hold off on making the perfect augmented taeon set until I see what goodies come out this march.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jajuju 2015-02-28 19:10:26
Link | Citer | R

So what gear are we looking at for solo dynamis? Stack all the dual wield you can if soloing dynamis? i want to forge a dynamis taeon set but dont wanna waste my stones just yet without some opinions in here
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 19:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Totally solo in dynamis, yes, you will stack all dw gear up till the dw48-50 limit.

Current gear allow you to break dw50 in gear but thats harmfull to dps.

For just dynamis solo, you can skip the dusk and snow stones for all pieces aside feet. With feet i advise you to devote a bit more attention to get dw9 plus nice att/acc and dex augments as that feet will be useful even in buffed situations.

For what matter, when i tried dw in my taeon, i managed to get like dw4 and dw5 with a single stack of +1 stones. And i was getting good amount of ta2 also, those augments are pretty common with +1.
 Fenrir.Magi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-02-28 21:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Is it really worth making a dynamis specific set nowadays though? I'm sure you want to proc as much as you can, and probably wearing the most ideal set actually hinders that lol... You'd probably auto attack a mob to death if you're not lucky enough to proc it before 2000% or so... at least that was my case back when I used to do dynamis since they buffed steps recast. Dynamis nowadays would totally suck solo without that buff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-02-28 22:29:00
Link | Citer | R

The answer is no.

People cling to using dyna mobs as a baseline because it's in the spreadsheet, and they love their spreadsheet.
[+]
By Jajuju 2015-02-28 22:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Well, dynamis is a sport to me. I like to try beating my personal best in coins each run for each zone. The better gear I have makes it more fun and yeah procing is a bigger problem but if you cant proc a mob you turn your back or move on to a different mob and keep working.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-28 23:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Just out of curiosity, I see a 48-50 number floating around, but does anyone have an exact value of how much Dual Wield would be required to hit the 80% delay reduction cap with just gear? No Haste Samba or anything. Even if it is an obscene number, that is completely unreachable, I'm kind of curious to know what it might be.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 262 263 264