Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 61 62 63
By Bamboom 2017-02-11 21:31:52
Link | Citer | R

hey guys does anyone have a working bard lua?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-12 13:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Did song+ increase resistance on carol2 prior to update? Doesn't seem to now, getting 100 resistance whether I use song+0 or song+7. Carol1 behaving as expected(80 * 1.7 = 136, which is what I get).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-12 13:32:20
Link | Citer | R

It didn't before, no. It increases the odds of damage negation, which is also the skill dependent part of Carol IIs.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-12 13:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Did song+ increase resistance on carol2 prior to update? Doesn't seem to now, getting 100 resistance whether I use song+0 or song+7. Carol1 behaving as expected(80 * 1.7 = 136, which is what I get).
Nope always just gave higher chance to annul.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-12 13:35:32
Link | Citer | R

kk, figured that might be it
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-02-18 08:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Hi all - working on getting BRD up and running. My goal is to be a 3 song BRD, with one of them being Honor March. Being I'm still working on Aeonic1 and that will be Aeonic2, it's still a bit of a ways off. But I want to become as functional as I can so the Marsayas goes right into a BRD I can use on things. So I am doing my best to get a working lua, decent gear, and some JP. A few questions:

1.) Is there a preferred lua? I see Kinematics has one, and I found a Bokura one as well. I just need some efficient swaps and the ability to mele as well. Any suggestions on what works best?

2.) I was gonna terpander/Nibiru, but I just saw that Linos can get a +2 all songs augment making it +3. In lieu of a Gjalla or carrying like 30 instruments - would the Linos be the way to go?

3.) I am not sure I understand the mechanics of how the multiple songs work. I know I can get up 3 with terpander and then overwrite them with a +song instrument. But when dealing with a lot of the BRD JA buffs there seem to be some intricacies and nuances I don't fully understand in terms of the timing and order of Songs. Anyone mind explaining some of them?

4.) What are the highest value JP spends? I am thinking Minuet, Song Accuracy, and Marcato duration...but my confidence that is correct is pretty low.

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-18 10:46:33
Link | Citer | R

Can anybody confirm these new haste values? Not sure I did the rounding up on the right steps so values might be a bit off.

Advancing March +7 = 17,6% (181/1024)
Advancing March +8 = 18,7% (192/1024)
Victory March +7 = 27% (277/1024)
Victory March +8 = 28,6% (293/1024)
Honor March +3 = 16,1% (165/1024)
Honor March +4 = 17,2% (177/1024)

Also many songs were not included in the "reworked songs". This should mean that in theory they still gain static increases from "song+" and not 10%, but at the same time the new neck should work on them?

This would be particularly interesting to know for debuffs, stuff like Nocturne, Elegy, Requiem and most of all T2 Threnodies.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-19 12:10:44
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm Moonbow Whistle's +song works as expected on Etude. Each +1 on the Whistle grants a +1 stat on both T1 and T2 etudes.
Likewise for Ballad and Paeon.

If someone has rights to update the related BG-wiki pages, please do so.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-19 13:12:08
Link | Citer | R

I'd say it's likely the same (+1 per +song) applies to Requiem, but I can't find updated information on either BG-Wiki or FFXIclopedia.
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that 3+ years ago Requiem got patched and its damage greatly increased.
Before that Requiem would get resisted on pretty much EVERYTHING, sometimes even normal monsters.

This change happened during the age of Voidwatch. I seem to recall they increased potency a lot too, but there is no trace of this on Wikis. Hmmm...

Edit:
Seems like I was wrong.
Could only find the 24th of July 2012 patch, which addressed the macc- negative bonus on Requiem, but not the potency. Requiem is kinda meh then.
Max 15hp/tic with the best possible gear, pretty laughable, why even bother to land it. They adjusted Poison2, should've adjusted Requiem as well gdi.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2017-02-19 13:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'd say it's likely the same (+1 per +song) applies to Requiem, but I can't find updated information on either BG-Wiki or FFXIclopedia.
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that 3+ years ago Requiem got patched and its damage greatly increased.
Before that Requiem would get resisted on pretty much EVERYTHING, sometimes even normal monsters.

This change happened during the age of Voidwatch. I seem to recall they increased potency a lot too, but there is no trace of this on Wikis. Hmmm...

Edit:
Seems like I was wrong.
Could only find the 24th of July 2012 patch, which addressed the macc- negative bonus on Requiem, but not the potency. Requiem is kinda meh then.
Max 13hp/tic with the best possible gear, pretty laughable, why even bother to land it. They adjusted Poison2, should've adjusted Requiem as well gdi.

Don't forget the job points that add an additional +60 max on top of that. So it would be 73/tick before anything like soul voice.

Although, isn't the base 8? With a maximum of +7? So 15 base?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-19 15:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah brainfart while adding up 8 + 7
If JPs are like a whole lot of other categories, they gonna get added at the end of the formula, so they won't benefit from the potency multiplication coming from SV or Marcato.
Guess it would be sorta easy to test in Brenner or Ballista.
By Miang 2017-02-19 15:17:47
Link | Citer | R

Just did Ballista, got 73 (with NQ necklace) no JA, and 146 with SV
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-19 17:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Which means the new neck adds only +1 per "+ song" instead of +5 like the previous 4 +song on Ghorn?

That's pretty ***if confirmed and I'd report it.
You sure you use barspell to make sure you saw the full extent of the elemental reduction? (screen text caps at -99 if I recall)

Edit:
That's a very odd number.
With Ghorn values were 70 for T1 and 180 for T2.
Basic values were 50 and 160 respectively, so each +song on Ghorn was adding +5 to Threnody. It's all on the BG-wiki page.
Yet you reported 73 with NQ neck. NQ neck is only song+2... that's 1,5 per +song on T1?
Very odd... Need more testing imho. Can you test without the neck to make sure your values are the same as those prepatch?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-19 19:59:59
Link | Citer | R

http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/article/447070477.html

JPs tested Carol II nullify rate on "Autarchs" Shockspikes in Delfut.
Code
*71/473(約15.01%):歌+装備無し        (no Song+)
112/471(約23.78%):歌+6              (Song+6)
193/468(約41.24%):歌+6&ソウルボイス  (Song+6&SV)

They are proposing a 40% Cap on the resist rate that you hit on Soulvoice.
[+]
By Miang 2017-02-20 05:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Which means the new neck adds only +1 per "+ song" instead of +5 like the previous 4 +song on Ghorn?

That's pretty ***if confirmed and I'd report it.
You sure you use barspell to make sure you saw the full extent of the elemental reduction? (screen text caps at -99 if I recall)

Edit:
That's a very odd number.
With Ghorn values were 70 for T1 and 180 for T2.
Basic values were 50 and 160 respectively, so each +song on Ghorn was adding +5 to Threnody. It's all on the BG-wiki page.
Yet you reported 73 with NQ neck. NQ neck is only song+2... that's 1,5 per +song on T1?
Very odd... Need more testing imho. Can you test without the neck to make sure your values are the same as those prepatch?
I was only testing requiem, I didn't test threnody. I'll go back and test threnody and let you know what values I get.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-20 05:50:42
Link | Citer | R

If someone has rights to update the related BG-wiki pages, please do so.
Anyone with an account, on bg forum or wiki(they are linked), can edit most pages of the wiki!

Anyway, I took a guess here but can you confirm these duration(s)? I don't expect +3 but if the +7 lines up I can't see it being wrong.

I only ask since you guys are reporting some weirdness with buffs form the new neck.

I don't want to go around editing a bunch of bard song pages then find out SE added some hard cap to base duration+song or something silly.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-20 06:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Miang said: »
I was only testing requiem, I didn't test threnody. I'll go back and test threnody and let you know what values I get.
Someone needs to forbid me from posting when it's late night and I'm tired... duh!
Sorry for my brain fart, and thanks for your contribution.
One thing to keep in mind when testing Threnody: you need your target to be able to bar-spell on himself.
If you're using say thunder Threnody 1 and 2, your target needs to be able to barthunder himself up.
This is because there is a display limit of 99, which means if you hit him with Threnody T2 (>160 reduction) your screen would display only "-99", supposing your thunder resistance sits at zero.
But if you can bring it up to say 100+, then you'll be able to see the full extent of the Threnody reduction.
This shouldn't be needed for T1 Threnody since its max value should be lower than 99.

@Chiaia
Will test those values in a couple of hours when I get back home
[+]
By Miang 2017-02-20 06:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Finished testing threnody (I had my white mage mule give me barfira for testing):

Songs +0:
Threnody I - 50
Threnody II - 160

Songs +2:
Threnody I - 60
Threnody II - 170

Songs +4:
Threnody I - 70
Threnody II - 180

Songs +6:
Threnody I - 80
Threnody II - 190

I also tested pining nocturne. Potency wasn't affected by songs+, only duration. I went from 6.718 average cast time for stoneskin to 7.597, so around 13% increase in cast time. Duration went from around 10mins to 12mins with +6. Was also 12mins with +2 and Marysas.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-20 07:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Song+ and song duration+ go into the same term, so the bgwiki numbers for song+ should not be used as a base duration @Chiaia
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-20 08:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Song+ and song duration+ go into the same term, so the bgwiki numbers for song+ should not be used as a base duration @Chiaia
I know this. Where did you get the idea I was using them as a base duration? Did I word something badly? Were you looking at the new template I was making(its a W.I.P. if so)?

Edit: If its about what I typed above I just wanted to make sure there is no hard cap on +song giving a 10% duration+ cap at some point.

I'm making a new template for song categories on the wiki so its easier to maintain if SE adds future +song gear and just wanted to make sure atm theres nothing I;m not aware of.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-20 08:12:44
Link | Citer | R

I also tested pining nocturne. Potency wasn't affected by songs+, only duration. I went from 6.718 average cast time for stoneskin to 7.597, so around 13% increase in cast time. Duration went from around 10mins to 12mins with +6. Was also 12mins with +2 and Marysas.
Very lame, was hoping to make Nocturne's potency closer to AddleII, as it stands now it's... weaker than Addle1 I think? Lame.

Altough Nocturne, just like Addle, has two separate effects: reducing cast time on the target, and reducing his magic accuracy.
Maybe this second part gets increased with song+?
It would be VERY annoying to test though, so I won't even ask...
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-20 08:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Duration went from around 10mins to 12mins with +6. Was also 12mins with +2 and Marysas.
This would imply that there's a duration cap. (At the very least for Nocturne.)
+6 = +60% duration
+2 = +20% duration +50% from Marsyas = +70% duration

Though it's weird because 10 x 1.6 =/= 12...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-20 08:49:19
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Duration went from around 10mins to 12mins with +6. Was also 12mins with +2 and Marysas.
+6 = +60% duration

This is what I was worried about would like to see some futher testing before I finish this new template I'm working on. Might be useless in the end if there is some kind of cap.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-20 09:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Miang's mule has all the other duration gear.
[+]
By Miang 2017-02-20 09:13:16
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
+6 = +60% duration

I was very haphazard on the duration, it wasn't a precise time at all. I just noticed the debuff duration on my character, I didn't time it. I'll go retest now.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-20 09:52:45
Link | Citer | R

For the spells that were changed is it safe to assume that it's floor(BasePotency * 0.X)

X= Song+ Gear

Example: Sometimes advacning march will be 10/1024 or sometimes 11/1024 more haste?

There is no +11 it's something I making to future proof the wiki to make it easier to update!

Has anyone tested if it floor before or after the Soul Voice multiplier also?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-20 10:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Your value for +8 is different from the ones I calculated.
I can't read.
For Advancing March I calculated 181 at +7 song, and 192 at +8.
Can see the rest here

How did you obtain your numbers? I seem to recall I truncated numbers after the first decimal btw. Wonder if that's how the game calculates as well?

Not sure I get the futureproof thing either, wouldn't that confuse people reading the page? D:
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-20 10:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Future proof was removing the tables.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-20 10:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Not sure I get the futureproof thing either, wouldn't that confuse people reading the page? D:
No, because it would only show +7 or +8 atm(depending on the song). All we would have to do is change one number and it auto calculates the rest for us!

What you saw in that post is me telling it we have +11 total in gear rather then 7 or 8 atm. Thats not the real page atm either but my new template page I am working on that hasn't been added to any other page atm.

How did you obtain your numbers? I seem to recall I truncated numbers after the first decimal btw. Wonder if that's how the game calculates as well?
My numbers are using just math thats why I asked you guys that have BRD with this much gear.

Base Duration x 0.X SONG+ gear or Base potency x 0.X Song+ Gear
floor(BasePotency * 0.X)
Though I am a bit lost how your 1 second different all the other numbers before this are old numbers on the wiki.You were talking potency not duration my bad.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-20 10:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Future proof was removing the tables.
Huh? Almost all the Song Cat pages have these tables so what are you talking about? If they were on the individual pages before well that was just dumb to start with imo at-least if they weren't maintained.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 61 62 63