Forum » FFXI » General » Item Database
Item Database
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-05-13 15:24:31
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to know where/how to get my hands on a comprehensive list of all the equippable items in the game. For quite some time I've been wanting to whip up a gear calculator, and an easier way to search for gear with beneficial stats, but I've been held up at the getgo since I'm a bit clueless how to extract all the necessary info from the game files.

Luckily I've noticed that there's an overabundance of competent people on the forums here [a true rarity] and I know someone here can point me in the right direction. ^^
 Phoenix.Hanyoko
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Hanyoko
By Phoenix.Hanyoko 2008-05-14 13:39:47
Link | Citer | R

There is a common program around that lets you view the .DAT files. It can export that data into an XML file. As far as I can tell FFXIAH uses the in-game item IDs for all their page entries.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-05-14 15:16:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but the program Hanyoko is referring to is called POLUtils and was written by someone named Pebbles. You can find it pretty easily by Googling it. I use it myself for my site.

As far as a gear database, what's wrong with wiki? This site also has clickable links which will list gear with certain stats plus prices. My site allows you to filter based on job and level. I limit the amount of searchable stats just to make it look slightly less bad, but I could easily search on any stat. It's also easily googled or just found on my page here.
 Phoenix.Althena
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Althena 2008-05-14 15:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Claquesous said:
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but the program Hanyoko is referring to is called POLUtils and was written by someone named Pebbles. You can find it pretty easily by Googling it. I use it myself for my site.

http://users.telenet.be/pebbles
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-05-14 16:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Crap in a hat this is going to take a long time to parse into usable formats and build relations... o_o;

I think I'll borrow a "hot spare" server from my work to play on so I don't grind my computer to a halt. ^^;

More specifically what I'd like to build is something that you can use to suggest gear for a specific Job/Level that can be weighted for different stat bonuses. For example, what gears will give the best DEX boost to a level 43 THF? I know that all the information is available on the wiki and other sites, but I haven't seen any that are searchable based on stat bonuses.

--edit:
that is, of course until I actually looked at Claquesous' page... I guess I might have to re-evaluate my little project. :/
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-05-14 18:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Any tips on fixing the buggered XML it generates? VisualStudio is choking on 'thing' being a child object of another 'thing' and I don't even need the image information to be included in the XML. :/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3295 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-22 07:02:57
Link | Citer | R

You call that a necro bump?

Also, now I hold the record (again) for the longest necro on this website....
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-22 07:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You call that a necro bump?

Also, now I hold the record (again) for the longest necro on this website....
I could beat this easily.
[+]