First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 253 254 255
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-08-15 09:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
my only nitpick really is that nearly all the sets lack racc (190~ ish under). While Daken isnt a huge part of our dmg, it is a very great source of our tp. With a native proc rate of 54% at master, it offers a very steady tp gain. However I find that even with the +100 racc (has this # really been verified?) you end up just whiffing them all since most the front page sets dont even break 1k native racc. I am still unsure how to confront this in my sets, but I am finding iskur and using toka shurikens helps a lot for the extra +40 acc, at a minimal stp loss.

Note that at the current moment, you do receive TP from daken procs in the spreadsheet, they're just undervalued by a fraction. Which I still haven't decided on the best way to 'integrate' that into the sheets. Still open for ideas.

As I spoke to earlier, your racc isn't as terrible as you think. Albeit, it's lower for sure during non-sange time. If we could accurately add it in to the spreadsheet we could easily see the affect on TP gain (the marginal affect, because remember, right now you ARE gaining TP for daken procs, they're just undervalued a little bit).

Asura.Azagarth said: »
If I am wrong at the way I am viewing it, just let me know. I am a good nin, but not perfect and I havent liked the spreedsheets for stuff like this in a long time since they always seem to have errors for adding to much to white dmg, and under valuing stuff like daken etc in % jumps.

You're absolutely right, and I think it should be the goal of any guide to thoroughly flesh out sets of gear for all content levels... but it simply may be too tall of an order. If you include the variable of content level (acc gates, because let's face it, we don't gate on attack or anything else) you open the discussion for sets with varying setup pt's. Sets for trusts only, 1 bard, 1 bard + 1 cor, 1 cor only, 1 geo, 1 geo + 1 bard + 1 cor, 2 geos + 1 bard. The list goes on and on.

I have it set to haste levels because haste level has the largest impact on our tp generation. TP generation being our key metric to cycle time and increasing our damage potential. It's also mob independent. No matter the target you're fighting, the haste cap won't change.

As someone who wants to be thorough in all things Ninja, I greatly appreciate your continued interest in dissecting how we do things. This goes for everyone here. I just don't think I have the time to dedicate to that kind of a thorough setup in the opening post. I'm all for input and help though and happy to keep an open mind.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-18 06:01:17
Link | Citer | R

DressMeUp you mean, I think Blinkmenot is no longer supported?

Regardless the answer to your question is "yes", sadly.
By zaxtiss 2017-08-18 10:48:32
Link | Citer | R

the addon is called Dressup not dressmeup.
and it has blinkmenot functions
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-18 18:06:28
Link | Citer | R

So, a note while the Dark Matter augment campaign is still going on...

Kanaria offhand with WSD can be BiS by a significant amount for Heishi users spamming Blade: Ten, or for Kikoku/Metsu. Dark Matter increases the WSD cap to at least 7% (if not more, possibly up to 10% if it's same as armor), from a normal cap of at least 3% (4% Fern). It decreases the attractiveness of Shun, but does still work very well for Hi when you're using it for darkness SC purposes.

Weapons are kind of a crapshoot with DM (not that armor isn't too, but weapons seem even worse), but if you don't have anything else to prioritize, tossing a spare katana Oseem's way might not be the worst risk to take. Oseem being the way he is, expect to get a good amount of Blood Pact damage, Shield Block Rate, and Pet: CHR augs... but you might get lucky!

I have a couple of solid TA+3 Kanarias for my offhand options, and I get them losing to both of my WSD ones (assuming primarily using Ten and Metsu):
1) DMG+18 DEX+10 Atk+9 WSD+3% (got with a Taupe)
2) DEX+10 Racc/Ratk+22 WSD+7% (Dark Matter)

Now, if only I could combine that DMG+18 with the WSD+7%...

BTW, strong crit damage also tends to do pretty well. I've seen some crit dmg+4% non-DM augments that (paired with other decent DMG/stat/acc/atk augs) are on par with a well augmented TA+3 Kanaria. If you were to get something like a lucky DM aug with crit dmg+ higher than usual cap that could be really great. Especially helpful when you're using a more crit-heavy setup like that allowed by Kendatsuba gear these days, or for Kannagi users with those frequent ODT crit procs (I'm actually contemplating making a Kannagi for a crit-heavy build, after really falling in love with empy gun with ODT ranged crits and thinking about trying a similar NIN style)

Edit: updated Kanaria possible WSD values, might not be 5% cap/10% DM... I'm not 100% sure of max but it's at least 3% with normal Taupe/Pellucid and 4% Fern, and at least 7% with DM (I personally have one with 7%).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-19 04:18:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
For an offhand I think you'd want stats over DMG, to be fair.
DMG would do absolutely close to nothing for WSdmg.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-19 15:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
For an offhand I think you'd want stats over DMG, to be fair.
DMG would do absolutely close to nothing for WSdmg.

Yeah I'd want keep the DEX+10 I have on both, for sure. True that DMG on the offhand isn't nearly as important as a mainhand weapon, but it is still something - NIN does have better white damage than most jobs too, so something like an offhand crit it's certainly a benefit. Oh well, will keep me tossing stones at Oseem forever to chase that perfect augment lol...
By hushmunkey 2017-08-20 14:54:28
Link | Citer | R

For WS's w/80%+ dstats WSD won't be too potent. I haven't run the sheet but I imagine you might get more out of upping your WS frequency (with DA/TA/QA as an example).
Kikoku is a bit of a conundrum b/c multi-hit won't proc the OTD, so MAYBE WSD could help close the gap on heishi buuuut yeah...
For Kannagi off-hand wsd is even worse. Multi-hit is good b/c it cycles WS faster and gives more chances to proc OTD. Crit. rate is solid for OTD and Hi; and if topping off your dmg on Hi is your goal then you'll want to shoot for crit. Dmg over wsd. If you can manage to get one - taka is the dream offhand to a Kannagi user.

That said - wsd+7/9 is still pretty sexy.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-20 22:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Yup, Kannagi and Taka go so well together.

I was a little surprised by how well the WSD pieces spreadsheeted for me, but I got pretty great results for Heishi/Ten spam, or Kikoku/Metsu. At any rate, enough to top my DMG+18/STR+15/Atk+something/TA+3 that was my previous best offhand (which I still kept, but it has some new friends).

I really want to mess with crit dmg too, and I'm so tempted to make a Kannagi just for fun. Go nuts with a heavy crit set to maximize white damage AM3 ODT procs. It's such a shame that Hi and Kannagi are AGI though, would be so amazing if they were both DEX...
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-08-22 07:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Just a question here, I just asked on the Gearswap support thread how to do it but does anyone precast Mochizuki Kyahan in for their San spells? I'm getting back into Ninja for the first time since probably Abyssea so I'm probably going to make errors in judgement when it comes to gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-08-22 09:04:23
Link | Citer | R

I do.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-22 15:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I use a Taeon FC+5% for feet - same thing as a Mochizuki+1 for a 1/5 merited San spell, and inventory-1 since I can also make use of them on enhancing and enfeebling ninjutsu (and on other jobs).

Though yeah, Mochizuki's 5% per merit means that they're BiS precast gear for any San nukes that you have at more than 1 merit. For me, I generally roll with 5/5 Hyoton and 1/5 in the rest (I do most of my Futae MBing off Darkness SCs and kinda like still having all of the elements unlocked), and I don't want to lug around an extra piece that only benefits me for minor cast speed reduction on a single San nuke.

Aside from Mochizuki and Taeon, IIRC augmented Herculean Boots are our only other feet FC option though (max FC+5% Taupe/Pellucid, FC+6% with Fern, or higher with Dark Matter).

For what it's worth, my FC set is:
ItemSet 352941

Total is FC+63%, or 68% when offhanding a Kanaria
- Herculean Helm FC+5% augment (Herc is still BiS without a FC augment though)
- Leyline Gloves with additional FC+3% (max) augment
- Rawhide Trousers path D (FC+5%)
- Taeon Boots FC+5% augment (Leafdim stones)
- Andartia's Mantle with FC+10% (my FC cape has FC+10% and no other augments on it, and I find it a very worthwhile one to make - but more so for enhancing Ninjutsu)

Could make minor improvements with Enchanter's Earring +1 (FC+2% versus Etiolation's FC+1%), Dark Matter Herc gear, and Weatherspoon/+1 ring if you happen to have that for Adoulin ring reward. But I don't personally care enough to optimize it THAT much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-08-22 17:04:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm just a shlub using the set in the opening post. :D And I'm a sucker for Fern Stones.

ItemSet 344605

Herculean with FC6
Taeon with FC+5 (9 total)
Andartia with FC+10

Should be 72 FC?

I love my Weatherspoon ring. I would not change it for the world. :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-22 17:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
I'm just a shlub using the set in the opening post. :D And I'm a sucker for Fern Stones.

ItemSet 344605

Herculean with FC6
Taeon with FC+5 (9 total)
Andartia with FC+10

Should be 72 FC?

I love my Weatherspoon ring. I would not change it for the world. :D

I totally forgot about Taeon body having some base FC too, now I need to pull one of my old stored ones out and toss stones at it.

I don't Weatherspoon cause I love Haverton too much for my RNG COR (but I use it for NIN max DW sets and Ninjutsu). But it's tempting sometimes. And for RNG Trueflight too...

Dammit Langly, quit giving me ideas ;)
[+]
By Boshi 2017-08-22 19:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Can also get fc+1 on Moblin Cest
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15932/moblin-cest
And Adhemar body +1 D fc10 is probabaly a good financial investment
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-22 21:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
And Adhemar body +1 D fc10 is probabaly a good financial investment

For sure. I mean, I really question any self-respecting NIN who doesn't have that XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-08-23 12:00:24
Link | Citer | R

If you have capped Ninjutsu Cast Time job points, you only need 60 Fast Cast to floor casting time on any Ninjutsu spell. I think a near capped or capped set is still worthwhile because you can use all of it (sans feet) for Utsusemi midcast.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-08-28 05:01:07
Link | Citer | R

heres an idea i been thinking of trying to work on for fun. making a viable counter/dt build for when doing lower man/solo activities using yonin, not sure if need to keep emp legs full timed or not but i do, does anyone else think its a decent idea to try working out to see if we can hit 40%+?
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-08-28 12:09:49
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, is the AF body reforged +2/3 worth anything? I don't see it in any builds listed. Was thingking maybe high acc set?

Or just a plain /no?
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2017-08-28 13:11:13
Link | Citer | R

It's very situational, but in most cases, you won't be needing AF+3 especially if you have access to Adhemar Vest +1. In situations where Haste is below 30% AF+3 could be a very solid option, but at this point of the game being below 30% is very rare.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-28 13:25:52
Link | Citer | R

In capped haste situations(pretty easy nowadays), ninja only needs 1DW to cap attack speed without impacting TP gain so having 10DW in 1 slot can hurt you. Even adhemar has DW on it so in general you want a good augmented herculean(DEX/acc/TA) or Kendatsuba Samue for TP. I wouldn't bother investing in it unless you have no other priorities as it "only" add 10-15acc over other options.
[+]
By hushmunkey 2017-08-28 17:52:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
heres an idea i been thinking of trying to work on for fun. making a viable counter/dt build for when doing lower man/solo activities using yonin, not sure if need to keep emp legs full timed or not but i do, does anyone else think its a decent idea to try working out to see if we can hit 40%+?

A counter set would be sweet if the mechanic worked differently. Sadly - counter is the last defensive check. IF shadows, evasion, parry etc. fail - then you have a CHANCE to counter.
Like you mentioned, DT should be your first priority. Especially if you're NIN tanking it's likely that the mob in question hits pretty hard. Not only that, but DT is reliable. Even if you had all the counter gear a NIN could get I'm pretty sure your odds would be "meh" at best.
IMO the best route for a set with that in mind might be a parry/tactical parry set then you'd be rocking a 20% shot that you'd counter off a tactical parry.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sad to say that upping your counter-rate won't improve your Tactical-parry-counter rate.
I do think it might be worth trying a full EVA set like Boshi posted here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49092/nin-dt-set/#3282714, and potentially include empy feet for more tactical parry. If you go that route however you'll lose the little bit of DPS you had tho' and you'll likely want enmity macro'd in to damn near all of your actions, or at least use Nagi etc.
By hushmunkey 2017-08-31 04:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I do think it might be worth trying a full EVA set like Boshi posted here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49092/nin-dt-set/#3282714, and potentially include empy feet for more tactical parry. If you go that route however you'll lose the little bit of DPS you had tho' and you'll likely want enmity macro'd in to damn near all of your actions, or at least use Nagi etc.

I thought about it a bit and honestly an Eva or parry set is likely just a waste of resources. For one - IF you can max it, your parry rate is 20% tops, making your tactical parry rate laughable. As far as Eva is concerned, even with a super Eva set you're barely at 11/1200 evasion. I can't imagine that'd be significant against most high tier mobs. It might be solid for trash mobs in Zi'tah... buuuuuuut I can't say I'm too worried about them. Not only that, but if I actually have haste, I can't say I really ever find myself running out of shadows b/c of physical attacks. Even mobs like Ou that aoe every other swing are manageable.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-09-04 23:50:41
Link | Citer | R

well, thanks, i forgot about tactical parry, but i was just thinking of times like when im soloing with trusts or something and having over all less damage dealt to myself, but maybe /run for the teir 2 inqu for +7% parry and swordplay? though idk about losing voke (which i do have a max emn set for, maybe now that i think of it, make a set for max enm for a state and just have the gear change just for the specific ability that gets boost?)
By Zeak 2017-09-05 07:30:07
Link | Citer | R

maybe /run for the teir 2 inqu for +7% parry and swordplay? though idk about losing voke

You'd get Flash in exchange, not to mention Vallation and Pflug also generate a great deal of enmity. /RUN is probably the best option in terms of tanking/defense, but it requires some Haste and Refresh support, especially in non-Escha areas. Solo it's not an issue, as there are a couple Trust that will keep them up full-time. In PTs, you might have to ask someone to keep them up. Although, maybe that's just me; I don't think "Haste others" is a thought that cross most mages minds nowadays.

Anyway, on the subject of tanking, does anyone have any experience with NIN tanking Omen Caturae? I usually tank them on RUN or PUP, but wanna try something different. However, since there doesn't seem to be much info out there, I don't wanna bring something that won't work and cost everyone a KI/drop. I'm not too concerned about Enmity, just wondering if NIN can deal with the gimmicks. More importantly, does Migaware work on Fullers/Bravado? I sometimes run into issue where I gotta spam Panaceas after Gravity to outrun Fullers, or "That one guy who REFUSES to stand in Bravado cone". Figured if I can just face tank it, I don't have to worry much about what others are doing.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-05 11:45:37
Link | Citer | R

you can, but the dangerous stuffs all aoe, not really any better tanking on nin than say, any other dd.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-05 13:26:09
Link | Citer | R

It's the same old story, they should change how Innin and especially Yonin work to make NIN into a realistical end-game useable tank, but it's pretty clear at this point they have no intention to do that, and frankly I can agree it would be a lot of work.

NIN as a tank doesn't work on a lot of content, but for those few niche ones it's pretty fun.
By hushmunkey 2017-09-07 13:10:04
Link | Citer | R

I was a primary tank for my old Omen shell as NIN. I routinely tanked Gin, Kin, Kyou, and Ou. I've even done so without haste a time or two which was a nightmare.

Rule #1 - always keep migawari up when tanking.

After that, it's like Azagarth said - your biggest concerns are aoe's. A good pdt set for when your shadows wipe, and a great MDT set for all the mdmg abilities and spells they cast are crucial. Having capped MDT is not enough for your MDT set. Ou especially will still kill you. Build your set to hit the cap with shell and then add as much meva/resist as possible. If you do - you'll go from getting one-shotted to wondering if that last spell actually hit you.

Also - make sure that you keep echo drops, remedies, and holy waters available and macro'd in. You may use them faster than your whm can -na you and it will keep you alive.

I like to enter with RR and carry a reraiser and hi-rr so IF I die I can pop rr, mijin, get back up fresh and still have rr after.

You will be a VERY busy ninja. Kin is especially difficult b/c you need to do all the insanity required to survive AND turn around frequently to avoid hp feed.

I'd also recommend a full enmity casting set so you can spam the wheel to quickly recover hate on Kin if you're sharing with another tank.

P.S. I've always/only tanked omen as /war. /run may provide more survivability but w/out actual experience I can only provide theory and expectations
By hushmunkey 2017-09-07 18:48:27
Link | Citer | R

well, thanks, i forgot about tactical parry, but i was just thinking of times like when im soloing with trusts or something and having over all less damage dealt to myself, but maybe /run for the teir 2 inqu for +7% parry and swordplay? though idk about losing voke (which i do have a max emn set for, maybe now that i think of it, make a set for max enm for a state and just have the gear change just for the specific ability that gets boost?)

My philosophy for Playing NIN in any role is similar to first aid in a fire fight: The best medicine is a dead bad guy, after/during that, avoid ***that will kill you.

Soloing - you shouldn't tank if you can avoid it. You can put out WAY more dmg if you're not spending time casting spells and swapping into MDT/PDT, etc. If the mob is serious enough that you're worried about anything more than kicking it's *** while Apu heals you - summon a tank. You'll probably pull hate any way, but at least you'll get more beat down in first. I try to always have Koru and Ulmia when I need trusts. Uka if I can afford her, and of course a healer & tank as necessary.

Tanking is an expression of NIN at its utmost. NIN's coping mechanisms are different from a RUN or PLD. We don't face-tank. It's best to think more in terms of dmg avoidance than mitigation. While you have shadows up - deal damage. The sooner the mob is dead, the sooner it can't hurt you. When shadows are down - swap into PDT. If you're going to eat an AoE, then swap into MDT/PDT accordingly. Build meva and resistance into your MDT sets to exceed mdt cap and enhance shot of resist.

/run is especially effective for surviving magic dmg. bar spells are awesome and so are runes. vallation and pflug just make you that much better, and traits/abilities like swordplay and/or inquartata only complement what NIN's already got going for it. As a pleasant bonus, you can do some pretty solid additional dmg by bursting lunge and swipe. While /run has a lot to offer, outside of escha you'll def. need refresh support if you intend to maintain enmity in an actual party and it's just that many more actions to perform where you could just voke every 30 seconds otherwise (and isse, warcry, etc.). your dmg should typiccally be enough to sustain your enmity around trusts.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-09-11 19:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
NIN as a tank doesn't work on a lot of content, but for those few niche ones it's pretty fun.

This is pretty much my take. The niche stuff isn't so insanely rare that it never comes up - for instance, I had some good times relying on Migawari for last month's Malboro ambuscade. But it's certainly not NIN's primary use case for me.

Beyond the niche stuff, NIN certainly CAN tank some things like Omen bosses that don't especially play into NIN's specific advantages. It's just a lot riskier and more reliant on your healers/support being on the ball than the more standard PLD/RUN/PUP tanking setups, so I prefer those over NIN if there isn't some compelling reason to use NIN instead.

That being said, when you are tanking I'm down with hushmonkey's general comments. I'll add that Kendatsuba set in particular is good for DPS in general (especially for high acc builds), and is even better when tanking due to the hefty HP/Meva.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 253 254 255