First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 253 254 255
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-18 12:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Akson said: »
So you would sacrifice racc+40, eva+49, meva+64, mdb+6 for 7 more acc, att+30, 2% da.
Been using this for WoE campaign 13 spam solo NIN/SAM no food
ItemSet 329775
Main 981 Off 933 Daken 858 or Raim off and 981 both hands.

If you don't have at least 43% magical haste, then there's a lot more problems with that set than just the body.

Against targets with about 900 evasion, your set is 345 DPS, while this set is almost double that, at 600 DPS. (pretend thats a shuriken)
ItemSet 329081

I'm not even sure WoE mobs get 900 evasion.

In general, delay reduction has much better gains than accuracy, unless you're just completely out of your depth missing like crazy. I'm talking about lvl 128 Gramak Droog without food or songs level of whiffing.

This is what I'd wear when I'm accuracy starved without haste (which hardly ever happens) Ignore the ammo again. I'm too lazy to edit the set. ItemSet 329245

This is why it's so important to have different sets depending on how much haste you have. The first page of the NIN guide has a decent outline of this.

edit: sorry i mean't 900 evasion, not 1000
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-18 12:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Acc no food solo using temps. WoE 13 surged is extremely evasive. Could use ptica or Mochi chain+1 ofc. Was more of an idea of racc compared with acc. I shoulda been more specific.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-18 12:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Acc no food solo using temps. WoE 13 surged is extremely evasive. Could use ptica or Mochi chain+1 ofc. Was more of an idea of racc compared with acc. I shoulda been more specific.

I edited my post a little, but I have the same comments regarding racc. I just don't think shurikens represent a large enough portion of our attacks to make sacrifices for.

I usually pop a pizza or sushi when doing stuff like that though.
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-18 12:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone figured out what the bonus racc on Daken is anyways? I feel like you basically never need to gear racc because of how large it is.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-18 12:40:08
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

I edited my post a little, but I have the same comments regarding racc. I just don't think shurikens represent a large enough portion of our attacks to make sacrifices for.

I usually pop a pizza or sushi when doing stuff like that though.
Yeah I understand that point. It's just 7 more acc losing 40 or so racc coupled with the rest of the lost stats. I've lost interest in obtaining Mes'.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-10-18 12:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Has anyone figured out what the bonus racc on Daken is anyways? I feel like you basically never need to gear racc because of how large it is.

About +100 racc.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-18 12:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

About +100 racc.
That is a lot less than I thought it would be actually.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-18 13:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Could use Mochi +1 if you want a mix of Meko/Haub. Has the Eva/att/ratk/acc/racc and a decent amount of stats.

Also keep in mind the average player isn't running around nagi nin/sam in surged WOE solo lol. That set works for you, which is awesome because I dig your out of the box play style, but if your rolling with 12-18 people with other melee hate will be bouncing around to make the Eva not matter as much.

Edit: tons of posts now lol. Was directed towards akson if you couldn't tell....
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-18 13:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Could use Mochi +1 if you want a mix of Meko/Haub. Has the Eva/att/ratk/acc/racc and a decent amount of stats.

Also keep in mind the average player isn't running around nagi nin/sam in surged WOE solo lol. That set works for you, which is awesome because I dig your out of the box play style, but if your rolling with 12-18 people with other melee hate will be bouncing around to make the Eva not matter as much.

Edit: tons of posts now lol. Was directed towards akson if you couldn't tell....

Too much DW on mochi if pt setup that's why I was messing around with last WoE set, adjusting capped mag.haste /equipset, which would work alot better in pt rather than solo but yeah both mochi and mes' are both valid options.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2014-10-19 14:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone put together a gearswap for Sange yet? I've been playing around with some stuff I'm pulling out of a COR lua. I'm trying to stop throwing my Happo Shuiken (using the same premise of a COR with their quickdraw bullet), But I seem to keep breaking my lua. Does anyone have something already written for this?
 Odin.Terren
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2014-10-19 15:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
Has anyone put together a gearswap for Sange yet? I've been playing around with some stuff I'm pulling out of a COR lua. I'm trying to stop throwing my Happo Shuiken (using the same premise of a COR with their quickdraw bullet), But I seem to keep breaking my lua. Does anyone have something already written for this?

I'm afraid I don't know how to do the proper pastebin thing, but I'm using Mote's / Kinematics GS ( https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs ), and I adjusted his melee sets function like this:
Code
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if state.Buff.Migawari then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.buff.Migawari)
    end
    if state.Buff.Doom then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.buff.Doom)
    end
	if state.Buff.Sange then
		meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, {ammo="Suppa Shuriken"})
	end
    return meleeSet
end

It works great, but there's a couple caveats - you'd better not run out of your disposable shuriken, and don't use Sange under Encumberance. I've lost my Happo the latter way.
By gdiShun 2014-10-20 04:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Repurposed this from Mote's COR GearSwap. Basically you put this in your precast function, and it'll enable your ammo slot in case you disabled it for whatever reason, then check if you're out of shuriken or encumbered prior to using Sange and cancel it's use if you are.
Code
	if spell.type == 'JobAbility' then
		if spell.name == 'Sange' then
			enable('ammo')
			local available_shuriken = player.inventory[gear.SangeShuriken] or player.wardrobe[gear.SangeShuriken]
			if not available_shuriken then
				add_to_chat(122, 'No '..gear.SangeShuriken..' available. Sange Cancelled.')
				eventArgs.cancel = true	
			elseif buffactive['encumbrance'] then
				add_to_chat(122, 'Encumbered. Sange Cancelled.')
				eventArgs.cancel = true	
			else
				equip(sets.precast.JA[spell.english])
			end
		else
			equip(sets.precast.JA[spell.english])
		end
end

You'll have to define gear.SangeShuriken or you can just replace it with 'Suppa Shuriken' or whichever you use.

I'm also working on one that will update you on your current shuriken count, which could then be used to use a shuriken pouch or cancel Sange when you're low/out of shurikens if anyone's interested in that. I'm honestly not sure if I even am but something to do. lol.

EDIT: Tweaked it a bit. :x
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-10-20 07:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Evasion sets in 2014 are still relevant? Kappa
By Santi 2014-10-20 14:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Evasion sets in 2014 are still relevant? Kappa

no
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-20 14:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-20 14:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Thought both were relevant...

Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-10-20 16:27:29
Link | Citer | R

This made my day.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 01:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Anybody has anything to share concerning going NIN on VD Avatar fights?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 02:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody has anything to share concerning going NIN on VD Avatar fights?
Did Titan Difficult, not VD, but killed him almost by time am3 faded. nin,koga,cor,brd,smn,whm
Would be surprised if VD wasn't possible same setup or even just dual NIN.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 02:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Did you have to use Migawari before every Astral Flow? What was SMN used for in that setup?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 03:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Earthen Armor+Scherzo and Migawari overwrites Scherzo or EA, I'm almost possitive, forget which tho. I'm thinking ScherzoEarthen Armor. It's been a while since I've casted Miga w/ a smn in pt iirc they cancel ea. other and since Miga lasts 1 hit and Earthen Armor+Scherzo lasts beyond it makes Miga pointless in such a setup. It's actually more dangerous if you do cast Miga due to recast on Miga.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 03:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Yes but my point was bringing something else instead than a SMN.
I've survived VD without neither Scherzo or Earthen Armor.

Yesterday I did Shiva VD during Iceday and we survived each and every one of those Diamond Dust, without Scherzo and without Earthen Armor.

So yeah, my point was using Migawari and avoiding Scherzo + Earthen Armor.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 03:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yes but my point was bringing something else instead than a SMN.
I've survived VD without neither Scherzo or Earthen Armor.

Yesterday I did Shiva VD during Iceday and we survived each and every one of those Diamond Dust, without Scherzo and without Earthen Armor.

So yeah, my point was using Migawari and avoiding Scherzo + Earthen Armor.
Good job. Besides her spamming paralyga and ice spikes and her multihit tp move Rush that can one shot ya after she wipes your shadows ignoring migawari completely she's really not that rough at all. (Was joking btw Shiva is mean)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 03:53:38
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't go DD setup on Shiva, and probably even Ramuh.
My idea was to try a DD setup on Titan, Ifrit, Garuda and Leviathan.
Setup would be a Healer (preferably WHM because of curagas), 2 buffers and 3DDs, one of them being a RUN (which can hardly be considered a DD I suppose lol)
Of these only Garuda has a dangerous multihit TP move (Predator's Claw), and at least some of the hits should always be absorbed by shadows, making it less dangerous.

I'm just tired of going with the same Tank+RNG setup and wanted to try something different.

The utility I was imagining for Migawari in these fights is kinda to make Astral Flow BP a non issue for the NIN.
Shouldn't die even without Migawari but using that adds an additional layer of safety I suppose.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-22 05:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Btw Yeah migawari wasn't used cause, other than the already mentioned limitations compared to scherzo/EA, the brd+smn option also negates damage taken for the whole pt where as miga only saves NIN themselves. Even w/o a smn I would imagine scherzo at the least is a must, especially on VD, if not for NIN then atleast for the rest of the pt. Possibly RUN can help somewhat over SMN and if that works for whole pt then I don't see any reason to bother w/ casting miga either way.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 05:47:36
Link | Citer | R

As I mentioned, I did Shiva VD on Iceday without neither Scherzo or Earthen Armor.
This is not to say that they wouldn't have helped, just that they are not "necessary".

I had to "waste" 2 songs slots to use Carols though, vs using a single one for Scherzo, so in the end it's probably not worth it.
I just need some setup that doesn't require SMN. I'm the only one with SMN in the group and I won't be allowed to go on SMN, so I need another solution (which is not getting a PUG SMN).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-10-22 06:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Then whynot just run your own setup? You said you did it w/o the use of EA/Scherzo, then whynot just do a full melee run then.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 06:08:36
Link | Citer | R

We did without SMN with a:
1) Burt/Aegis PLD
2) 2x Anni RNGs
3) COR
4) Yagrush WHM
5) Carns/Gjallar/Daubla99 BRD

We've been using this or very similar setups (sometimes the COR is a third RNG) for pretty much everything since the addition of AAs and we're getting kinda bored lol. We were trying to get something fresh to have fun.
BRD was /RDM and refreshing the PLD plus Flurrying the RNGs.
Buffed the PLD with Pianissimo and of course he didn't need Scherzo or Carols.
Used 2 Carols on the RNGs but only because it was Iceday and I was worried. Previous runs we always did with a single Carol.

I'm not really sure this setup would work, DDs would receive a lot of damage from all those magical BPs which are AoE in these fights. Healer cannot realistically keep spamming high tier Curagas and it just doesn't seem reliable.

Migawari would work fine for the 2hr, but you can't rely on Migawari for all the other TP moves, and those can be damaging as well on VD. So yeah, that's not a viable solution I'm afraid, just like Akson said.
RUN would be a realistic alternative but you'd need 2 of them, and that would mean reducing the damage to... nothingness.
Maybe we will try it once to see how it goes, I guess, but doesn't seems to be as reliable as the BRD+SMN strategy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-10-22 06:13:37
Link | Citer | R

I could see RUN working for taking damage, but their damage output is trash, so you'd really need 2 other good DDs along with it. So you could probably go with RUNx2/DDx2/BRD/WHM if you wanted to.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 06:18:50
Link | Citer | R

RUNx2/DDx2/BRD/WHM would give accuracy issues I'm afraid.
Madrigalsx2 and Sushi wouldn't be enough to get 95% acc rate.
Well uhm, or would it? Tbf they seem way less evasive than, say, AAs were (especially MR or HM).
Maybe that could be enough?

Other solution would be having a RDM/SCH healer that sticks DistractII, at that point it might just be enough I suppose, but would a RDM/SCH manage to keep 4 DDs up?
I mean, physical BPs would still produce some (small) damage on random different DDs since hate would cycle across them constantly.
Magical BPs too would produce some damage. It wouldn't be life-threatning one thanks to Valiance, but it's not like it completely negates magic damage, so there would still be necessary healing to be done and no AoE available from the RDM (if we exclude accession Cures which is not really viable)
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 253 254 255