users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Making Gil with Fishing
Making Gil with Fishing
 Valefor.Flameblade
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Flameblade 2012-07-09 13:06:56
Link | Citer | R

So I'm on summer break and I need something to do while I wait around till the evening for cool shouts so I decided to take up fishing and I'm looking to make gil with it, if anyone knows of a chart or minds sharing with me how to make top money with fishing, it would be greatly appreciated, my fishing skill is currently 3 XD Thankyou in advanced
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-09 13:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Moat Carp would probably make you some gils, w/e you can fish up Nebimonite I think that might be better than carp, then black soles maybe then hakuryu.

I know that's not really a nice list, and the level gaps are huge, but that's all I can really think of right now.
[+]
By Drjones 2012-07-09 13:17:17
Link | Citer | R

After losing my sandfish monopoly years ago, I resolved to never again tell people how to make money with fishing.
 Shiva.Unantastbar
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Unantastbar 2012-07-09 13:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Agreeing with Kalilla, Moat carps are used for the Lu Shang Rod Quest, and should sell quickly and steady. Nebimonite may take you a while to get a stack on the ferry, but still a good source and not a too high skill level required. Good Luck!
 Valefor.Flameblade
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Flameblade 2012-07-09 13:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Thank you guys :D ill start with moat carp for now
 Carbuncle.Nibu
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-07-09 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

As Kalilla said, moat carp are a great start; grab some insect paste (or little worms, but those will also target crayfish) and head to West Ronfaure. Then there are a bunch of fish in Sea Serpent Grotto that sell for a nice chunk of gil, spanning a few different skill levels (lower-end = nebimonite, higher-end = bastore bream and grimmonite). Another intermediate skill/gil fish would be trumpet shells. A lot of options open up at higher levels, but at a skill level of 3, it's best you not think that far ahead.
 Carbuncle.Nibu
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-07-09 13:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Drjones said: »
After losing my sandfish monopoly years ago, I resolved to never again tell people how to make money with fishing.

Back in the days of cast-and-hit-enter fishing, I was slowly skilling up off of sandish in Rabao, as well as making a bit of gil by AHing moat carp.

I NPCed so many stacks of sandfish for 26g a piece...they were worthless back then, no one wanted them.
By Drjones 2012-07-09 14:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nibu said: »
Drjones said: »

Back in the days of cast-and-hit-enter fishing, I was slowly skilling up off of sandish in Rabao, as well as making a bit of gil by AHing moat carp.

I NPCed so many stacks of sandfish for 26g a piece...they were worthless back then, no one wanted them.
I was raking in 40k per stack at the peak of my monopoly. It was pretty good money at the time, while also working on my Lu Shang's.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2012-07-09 14:26:30
Link | Citer | R

I read the title as "making gil with fisting"

i am disappointed
[+]
 Sylph.Washburn
Serveur: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-09 14:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Evilswine said: »
I read the title as "making gil with fisting"

i am disappointed
That's how i make my money... talk about a "honey hole".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-07-09 14:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Unantastbar said: »
Agreeing with Kalilla, Moat carps are used for the Lu Shang Rod Quest, and should sell quickly and steady. Nebimonite may take you a while to get a stack on the ferry, but still a good source and not a too high skill level required. Good Luck!
This but nebi's in SSG bite like crack addicts. Hardest part is trying to sell 20 stacks as fast as you get them.(On Crapuetz server anyway)
 Ragnarok.Beanz
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Beanz
By Ragnarok.Beanz 2012-07-10 05:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Moat Carp would probably make you some gils, w/e you can fish up Nebimonite I think that might be better than carp, then black soles maybe then hakuryu.

I know that's not really a nice list, and the level gaps are huge, but that's all I can really think of right now.
Thx for the tip, at least now I know where to start
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-07-10 06:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Im sure theres lots of ways, but what ive been doing is selling bladefish, they sell for 10k in ah

bst's need them for faithfull falcor pop, and if you have cooking 80ish also, you can farm buffalo meat and sell the falcor pops your self

If you do consider this, you will probably have to make your own meatballs ,so youll have to get your cooking to 30ish
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-07-10 07:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Im sure theres lots of ways, but what ive been doing is selling bladefish, they sell for 10k in ah

bst's need them for faithfull falcor pop, and if you have cooking 80ish also, you can farm buffalo meat and sell the falcor pops your self

If you do consider this, you will probably have to make your own meatballs ,so youll have to get your cooking to 30ish

What's the lowest level you would recommend going after bladefish?
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-07-10 07:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Forsell said: »

What's the lowest level you would recommend going after bladefish?

you can fish them at lvl 1 if you have lus >_>
 Lakshmi.Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-07-10 07:33:20
Link | Citer | R

And without Lu's?
By Latifah 2012-07-10 07:59:09
Link | Citer | R

use a bot>forget about lvl skill
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-07-10 08:08:46
Link | Citer | R

And without Lu's?

Its been so long since i havent had lus, I cant answer that >_<
 Lakshmi.Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-07-10 08:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Latifah said: »

Where do I get a bot I play ffxi to, you know, play ffxi.
By Itze 2012-07-10 08:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Latifah said: »

Where do I get a bot I play ffxi to, you know, play ffxi.
Dunno what you're talking about.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-07-10 08:38:59
Link | Citer | R

no bot talking,.. no 3rd pty programs

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Drjones 2012-07-10 12:52:47
Link | Citer | R

They sell for 15k too, but the idiots on my server don't bother to check the price history before throwing things on the AH.