Forum » FFXI » General » Lost Security Token
Lost Security Token
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-25 16:54:25
Link | Citer | R

My friend recently lost his security token. According to SE after they verify you are indeed the account holder they will remove the security code question in order to access your account. My friend has told me he is not the original account holder and is afraid that if he tries to verify he is the owner he will end up getting it suspended.

My question is has anyone gone through this process? What information do they ask so they can verify ownership. I used to think it was credit card details and what personal information you have entered on your play online profile, but I'm hoping they don't want the CD-key from the original package or something else ridiculous.

Thanks
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-06-25 16:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Can he contact the original account holder? They might ask him to send a copy of the photo ID.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Serveur: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-25 17:01:45
Link | Citer | R

I've been through this process, and I don't remember what actually asked me for. I'll try to think about it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-06-25 17:03:08
Link | Citer | R

If he can get the original owner's ID, have him explain that it used to be a shared account with a roommate or something.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-25 17:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Is there even much to verify on a square enix account?
edit: Actually, it's pretty much the same stuff as pol. It won't be good if that info is requested, and it can't be provided.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-25 17:21:05
Link | Citer | R

If I remember correctly you cannot edit the personal information page on PlayOnline, I guess it is locked in at the moment of creation. My current account was given to me by a friend after my first one was banned and I couldn't change it. The only thing editable was the billing information.

So perhaps if they ask for a photo ID it better damn well match the name on the profile, and they must throw the address out the window since you can't change it if you happen to move.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-25 17:22:56
Link | Citer | R

They didn't ask me for any identification. Just the standard name, address, credit card info, etc. It needs to be the info on the SE account, not the info from POL. You should be fine as you can get the info from the SE account and the CC details.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-25 17:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I just checked mine and forgot they ported everything over to Square-Enix.com, where you can update that information.

So therefore if my friend made all that info current and for himself he becomes the official owner yes?
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-25 17:34:29
Link | Citer | R

That might work. I'm not sure if how SE feels about information changing on the account; however, if you were already in the account to change the info, the token can be unlinked manually.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-25 17:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i get that, but back when accounts were ported over everyone had to make a square-enix account and then bind their pol account to it, and SE uses square-enix account info only now. So by default everything should match, hopefully XD
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-25 17:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Not necessarily. You can have multiple pol accounts linked to a SE account, so it really isn't a requirement to have matching info.

edit: Unless you mean, the info probably matches on both accounts.
By Behar 2012-06-25 18:11:11
Link | Citer | R

i think just name address dob, and cc info