sorry I don't know
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-11-16 22:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
What's the ingredients for the new bullets?

(Synergy)
Beryllium Ingot and Firesand.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-11-17 11:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what the smithing requirement is for divine bullets? When I had them made yesterday I asked my friend with 110 smithing to join but it would be great if 70 smithing was sufficient so I could make them by myself.
By Jahlives 2015-11-17 12:22:29
Link | Citer | R

I thnk it is Adept for both.....
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 12:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »

(Synergy)

^

Because...*** you, that's why.

But at least it frees up some sparks I guess.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Serveur: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-11-17 13:37:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Anyone know what the smithing requirement is for divine bullets? When I had them made yesterday I asked my friend with 110 smithing to join but it would be great if 70 smithing was sufficient so I could make them by myself.

I'm able to do it solo with 70 smithing, even HQed a few.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 14:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

I'm able to do it solo with 70 smithing, even HQed a few.

Thanks.~ V. nice to know. I know what I'll be doing this coming skillup campaign.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-11-17 14:44:22
Link | Citer | R

How hard is the Ixion NM for the Herc hat?

Regearing COR has been such a chore with Promathia refusing to drop Fettering and that jackhole Charby giving me more Jadeite than a defunct Chinese empire.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 14:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
How hard is the Ixion NM for the Herc hat?

Regearing COR has been such a chore with Promathia refusing to drop Fettering and that jackhole Charby giving me more Jadeite than a defunct Chinese empire.

Haven't tried it yet, though I heard if you put GEO bubbles on it, it gets mega-pissy. Which is hilarious.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-11-18 15:40:20
Link | Citer | R

It's been happening to me for a while, but anyone else using mote's lua notice precast for shooting isn't working?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-18 16:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Oryx goes batshit if you put any debuff bubbles on him, so just do buff bubbles only. And he has innate -50% DT which can only be removed by breaking his horn with crit WS from his front. Even when I go on BLU and CDC him constantly, it takes a good 30-40% before his horn breaks. He then puts it up 7 seconds later. So, screw him. Other than that, easy fight, albeit annoying.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-18 16:21:26
Link | Citer | R

(Synergy)
Just to clarify, it requires Veteran Alchemy (90) and Journeyman Smithing (50).
[+]
 Asura.Galahadx
user: Galahadx
By Asura.Galahadx 2015-11-19 21:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Just noticed a typo in the Leaden formula in the guide I thought I'd report (the 2.45 is multiplying the 152 term when it shouldn't be):

{[2 * (Your AGI – Enemy INT)]} + fTP * {[152+(WeaponLevel-99)] * 2.45 + (AGI)]} * mab * staff bonus * day/weather bonuses

The correct formula should be:

{[2 * (Your AGI – Enemy INT)] + {fTP * [152 + [(WeaponLevel-99) * 2.45] + (AGI)]} + (Magic Damage)} * Affinity * MAB * staff bonus * day/weather bonuses

I added in where the magic damage and affinity terms go. You also floor after multiplying by Affinity and again after MAB (probably at later stages too but I'm not sure of the order).

The Wildfire formula has the correct base term.

Here's the source with tests for the MDmg and affinity terms (old post I made about how the affinity term works for magic WSs): http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108199-Random-Facts-Thread-Other?p=6158404&viewfull=1#post6158404
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-20 05:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Sorry about that, I was afraid I messed up those parentheses a bit.
[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-11-20 05:55:57
Link | Citer | R

All my life was a lie ? I'll never forget Seha !
Lol, it happens, no big deal.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-20 06:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Honestly didn't realise it was Seha posting for a moment, been a while since I've not seen her use a blonde girl as her avatar, was the last one Kagami maybe?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2015-11-20 06:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Idk I use so many avatars

Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-20 08:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Idk I use so many avatars

Banana please!
By Ramyrez 2015-11-20 09:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Other than that, easy fight, albeit annoying.

That's really the crux of most NMs these days. Difficult? No. Annoying to the point of, "*** it, let's go bowling?"

Sometimes.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-21 14:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cromag said: »
Looking for an updated Requiescat/Savage Blade set(s).
Any help is much appreciated.

(/wants updated Savage Blade set as well)
It'd be great if the guide could have savage blade set, this is quite possibly one of COR's strongest physical WS atm.

On spreadsheet this WS seems to beat Fomalhaut+ divine bullet when acc isn't an issue and not subbing /WAR. The lack of acc or /WAR may favor last stand setup though, I'm not 100% sure since I haven't add any random augment gears on my spreadsheet so it's hard to compare dmg output in a more complicated situation. Gearing COR has been a huge pain in the *** due to massive amount of gear options and augment options :(

That being said, since I don't have a Fomalhaut, my savage blade easily beats my last stand :p

Phoenix.Faloun said: »
Those are mine :

Requiescat :
ItemSet 338050

Savage Blade :
ItemSet 335795
or
ItemSet 338009

I wrote all the stats in the description of each sets
Carmine set has the most MND+

If you got this ring : http://www.ffxiah.com/item/26171/rufescent-ring , it looks nice for both ws

You may want to use STR pieces instead of elemental gorget/belt. For example, something like this:

(Copy and paste gear sets from the BLU job guide)

ItemSet 339528

Max augment on SR gears, head has WSD+3% augment. JSE backpiece has WSD+5%, TP bonus Ataktos.

Rufescent ring against fodder when attack capped, if attack isn't capped then Shukuyu ring.

I haven't add augmented herc yet, depending on augment herc may replace some of the armors here.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2015-11-22 22:46:48
Link | Citer | R

Question,

Is meleeing for tp still better than using ranged attacks? I'm not totally convinced at the moment. Let me start off with a disclaimer that I am main handing fettering blade and off handing atoyac, or eminent scimitar in higher acc situations (haven't gotten a higher acc OAT sword/dagger yet). I feel for any content worth anything I have to sacrifice alot of my multi attack gear for acc switches. I don't have Adhemar so maybe thats why it feels like a struggle. In my ranged set up I have about 1075 acc before food and hunters roll. So its much easier and safer imo for me to build tp with ranged atm. And my tp build doesn't feel slow at all especially with flurry II and my snapshot build. When Triple shot proc it leaves me just shy of 1k tp after leaden salute when not using sam's roll and it leaves my over 1k tp with sam's roll. I've been doing alot of rasenjima T1's with a combination of cor(me), BST, BLM, koru moru august apururu and me and the bst just make constant darkness for the blm. At least in this situation I can't see how melee would pull ahead. Furthermore, I can't find many people who even want to try melee set ups anymore so I have nowhere near enough buffs to even experience what melee cor is supposed to feel like.

Bah, I went on a rant/tangent.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-22 23:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
Question,

Is meleeing for tp still better than using ranged attacks? I'm not totally convinced at the moment. Let me start off with a disclaimer that I am main handing fettering blade and off handing atoyac, or eminent scimitar in higher acc situations (haven't gotten a higher acc OAT sword/dagger yet). I feel for any content worth anything I have to sacrifice alot of my multi attack gear for acc switches. I don't have Adhemar so maybe thats why it feels like a struggle. In my ranged set up I have about 1075 acc before food and hunters roll. So its much easier and safer imo for me to build tp with ranged atm. And my tp build doesn't feel slow at all especially with flurry II and my snapshot build. When Triple shot proc it leaves me just shy of 1k tp after leaden salute when not using sam's roll and it leaves my over 1k tp with sam's roll. I've been doing alot of rasenjima T1's with a combination of cor(me), BST, BLM, koru moru august apururu and me and the bst just make constant darkness for the blm. At least in this situation I can't see how melee would pull ahead. Furthermore, I can't find many people who even want to try melee set ups anymore so I have nowhere near enough buffs to even experience what melee cor is supposed to feel like.

Bah, I went on a rant/tangent.

The accuracy requirements on most of the T1s in Reisenjima don't seem that high to me. I think 1150-1200 had me capped on everything. While melee is more dangerous, it's still going to be the better way to generate TP. Hercs gear helps a ton, since you can get a metric shitload of accuracy and 4% triple attack with enough tenacity. In just your armor slots you can get 24% triple attack, and if you are lucky a very large amount of accuracy. My augments aren't even that good and my regular melee set on PUP has 1050ish accuracy before food/buffs.

Specifically for your situation, Leaden Salute > Tegmina Buffet > Wildfire will give you a double darkness for your BLM to burst off of. If you are meleeing with haste II and a haste samba from /dnc along with Sam+Hunters, I think you won't have any problem making a constant double darkness. But all that said, if what you are doing now works, why change it?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-23 06:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
Question,

Is meleeing for tp still better than using ranged attacks? I'm not totally convinced at the moment.

I'm curious about this question myself so I just checked spreadsheet using some of my current TP sets. That being said, if you want the real answer, my suggestion is to check spreadsheet, since every pt setup/buffs are different and everyone has different level of gear sets. For example if you go with BLUs you can get haste buffs more easily, if you don't have 1200 JP/perfect aug Taeon you may have less snapshot and so on.

But if you want a quick answer from my spreadsheet check here it is:

1) Both /ra and melee are receiving max haste/snapshot buffs at 80% delay reduction.

2) Both are using leaden salute with DP, and both has around the same level of acc/racc, against higher lv target and hit rate uncapped.

3) /ra set has 6 hit build, melee set has 6% DA 5% TA 12% DW. Melee set was offhanding MAB/OAT dagger.

It seems that /ra > melee when triple shot is on, melee> /ra when triple shot is off. In the long run melee wins because when triple shot goes off it's a bit more behind. Although you can always /ra when triple shot is on and change to melee mode when it goes off to get the most out of it.

Both sets I used on spreadsheet are far from optimal sets though, and they have around the same accuracy. If your /ra set has way more acc than melee then /ra may win in the long run.

That being said, sometimes going melee is way more than just doing damage yourself, but also for samba/steps that increases DPS for every DD in party.

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Approximately how close does DP 0.5 come to DP 1.0? Some of these guns are creeping uncomfortably close.

Oh and btw, while I'm on it I've decided to check skill 242 version DP v.s Molybdosis to figure out the answer to the above question as well. It seems that Molybdosis > DP when /ra even with DP AM3 on and both spamming leaden salute. If AM3 is off then Molybdosis is way ahead of DP. DP only pull ahead when I gave it skill 269, D103 and magic damage like A.weapons.

Safe to say until mythics gets adjustment the best /ra gun in this game would be Molybdosis.

Edit: Sorry I just noticed that the hit rate on spreadsheet was uncapped, so Molybdosis pulled ahead because of AGI+25 on it. If accuracy is capped then DP wins with AM3 on.
 Phoenix.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-11-24 01:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Tried something last night, good way to farm some beads and compensator :
I tried Amymone solo, with Yoran, king, arciela, amchuchu and ayame(for skillchains, to open for leaden).
Used hunter ans runeist, with a little sushi.
I was meleeing in pdt set, cause the adds can zerg you fast.
And.. I died at 23% because yoran was out of MP.
Then I tried again with real WHM, and it was a 2-3min fight without issue.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-11-24 02:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Meleeing is definately alot better than shooting for tp right now imo. But you can always switch between the two depending on situations where you don't want to be in aoe range.

I can self sc with tactician's as cor/war with fettering blade and do pretty good damage. But opinions opinions.
By kithaofcerb 2015-11-28 21:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Hey folks

Since my old support job of Bard has been booted out of usefulness by magic damage and pets, I've decided to start COR up. What would be the highest priority for a fresh 99 COR? Would it be rolling sets? If so, how close to being up to date is the main page? Anything important missing? Thanks in advance
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-29 07:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Op is missing herculean gear.

Put your hands on a good gun. Doomsday is always good.
Barataria and Luzaf rings.
Empy hands.
Mirke wardecors or W mask augmented for QD recast(mirke definetely easier to get).
Try to get some good augments on Gunslinger cape.
I'd say these are top priorities.

Anyway if you're starting up as cor, it depends if you have a previously geared light dd job, cause if you do you can start by adjusting that and work on your melee set. But if it's a start from scratch then I'd say it's best to start with a ranged set because shooting is safer and it's also easier to achieve high levels of accuracy.

edit: oh of course you're going to need a magic set for your QD/Leaden/WF.
By Sandmaster 2015-11-29 09:34:51
Link | Citer | R

How close to melee is 3-HIT build when you hit an !! STP roll using Doomsday?

It is also worth noting that I have more RACC, a lot more RACC then I do in my melee ACC TP set.

I'm sitting on 1100 RACC outside of Escha, I am easily 100 ACC less in my melee TP setup.

Also, Exactly how much DW is needed to cap delay speed with 55% haste (25 & 30 magic haste2), and how much DW is needed to cap delay speed is that is taken to 60% Haste using Haste Samba?

I guess the other way would be using Ulmia's March's but I find her such a waste of a slot. At least with Joachim you get Elegy but then his use of song's is fairly unpredicatable, (maybe becaue you HP is low when he sing's) you end up with Paeon's. Or am I remembering incorrectly and Ulmia give's us Prelude's instead of March's? Either way capping melee delay speed on COR is not simple like Snapshot is.

Basically, it is much easier to cap /ra speed then it is melee att speed as a few pieces of gear and your there. In comparison's using DW melee weapon's and /ra you ideally need to be in party with a RDM, PC Bard, and Haste Samba.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-29 10:32:32
Link | Citer | R

kithaofcerb said: »
Hey folks

Since my old support job of Bard has been booted out of usefulness by magic damage and pets, I've decided to start COR up. What would be the highest priority for a fresh 99 COR? Would it be rolling sets? If so, how close to being up to date is the main page? Anything important missing? Thanks in advance

Besides random augment guns like doomsday/holliday(So many "days" ._.), if you're just starting out and only have the resource to get 1 gun, I would recommend compensator. It's much cheaper to get max augment on it because it doesn't involve random augment, so you can save a lot of money on other gears. Since triple shot is up half the time and snapshot is still hard to cap with just gears and no buff, snapshot and triple shot +10 is very useful for /ra. You can also get racc+25 AGI+15 on it, that's a lot of ranged accuracy for higher end content that you may need if you're just starting out. Even if you can cap racc, extra racc on the gun allows you to do lower hit builds as well.

Although it may be a little bit weaker for melee, phantom roll duration +20 is still useful even if you have other melee gun options.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-11-29 10:44:58
Link | Citer | R

How hard is it to solo T1 Escha NM on COR for Pursuer?
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 156 157 158