The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 300 301 302 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-07-26 11:16:03
Link | Citer | R

wat? That post shows 80-81% recast reduction while having well over that in gear + buffs. Try it out yourself, it is very easy to hit the floor nowadays.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-26 11:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Hmm... Guess BGwiki was incorrectly updated. Time to fix that.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-07-26 19:43:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure it's been discussed but I couldn't find it... With Tizona aftermath up, is it best to swap out from TA augments to STP augments assuming ACC and ATTK are sufficient/unchanged? Thank you!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-26 21:54:29
Link | Citer | R

TA augments stay, but STP will generally overtake DA slightly during AM3 when considering equal quantities. The only slots I can think of where this actually comes into play are earrings (Telos/Cessance/Brutal, though Telos is a solid choice even without since it also has acc/att) and back (STP vs DA on Rosmerta's).
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-27 08:50:14
Link | Citer | R

AM3 on 1handers isn't as much of a gear shift as it is with 2handers. It only affects our mainhand rather than both, so having multi-attack is still highly beneficial. Like Night said, Telos and Cessance become even more attractive than before, and it's pretty damn hard to replace a STP back with other options. I'll get some updated sets out within a day or two for all our weapons.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-07-27 12:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Ah, I asked because there was some discussion about it on the Thf forum. I know Thf gets a lot of TA from the job, but Blu also gets some via spells. I wasn't sure where returns began to diminish. Thank you so much for the information!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-27 12:55:47
Link | Citer | R

THF and BLU are similar in some aspects but also quite different in others. Namely, our STP values are ridiculously high in comparison to a THF, and their TA rates are much higher than ours. So, for them, shifting a bit heavier into a STP focus provides a better result, whereas it's less important for us. Just a balancing act.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-28 09:25:19
Link | Citer | R

I was chatting with someone about gearing blu and noticed some issues.

In the OP under CDC augments for herc now call for crit rate instead of crit hit damage? Did something change to make crit rate suddenly better?

And I'm not sure who would be best to mention it to but on the trait page for BG wiki(https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blue_Mage_Job_Traits) for accuracy bonus it says:

Quote:
Set 8/16/24/32/40/48 Trait Points to obtain tier I/II/III/IV/V Accuracy Bonus for +10/22/35/48/60/72 Accuracy.

Well... 32 trait points is the highest you can set so it's slightly confusing to say "set this many points" when you can't do it. Now it does correctly say that you require the JTB to get T-V and T-VI directly after but I think it'd be good to remove the confusing contradiction and I wanted to ask someone who edits this page about it before I go changing anything myself.

There are a few other entries where it does similar things but I also think it'd be good to add a little snippet to the 3 traits that are not affected by JTB stating as much.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-07-28 09:48:29
Link | Citer | R

I originally worded it that way since the JTB gift functionally just added 8 trait points (back when you could get t1 traits by setting 4 points at least), but yeah I'm sure there is a clearer way to put it. Idk who added the t6 numbers to that trait without the t6 trait itself there but just looks like an accident.

In either case, feel free to fix errors/missing info/word things better as you see fit, etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-28 10:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »
I originally worded it that way since the JTB gift functionally just added 8 trait points (back when you could get t1 traits by setting 4 points at least), but yeah I'm sure there is a clearer way to put it. Idk who added the t6 numbers to that trait without the t6 trait itself there but just looks like an accident.

In either case, feel free to fix errors/missing info/word things better as you see fit, etc.
Thanks. I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty terrible at editing the wiki but this is a simple task.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-28 10:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I was chatting with someone about gearing blu and noticed some issues.

In the OP under CDC augments for herc now call for crit rate instead of crit hit damage? Did something change to make crit rate suddenly better?

It's been that way from before, since before we started getting such a ridiculous amount of crit rate and higher DEX quantities. Crit damage is your overall best augment for Herculean stuff. Sets should be finished once I'm back home today.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-28 11:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »

I've edited each trait to reflect the actual points you set and put *'s next to each value which requires JTB.

If anyone sees any issues with any of them, feel free to correct or let me know and I will.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-29 04:55:14
Link | Citer | R

The guide is updated. Tizona sets added, everything else brought up to speed. I still have plans for miscellaneous sets to add, but our primary ones are all done until the next wave of gear.
[+]
 Odin.Brocovich
Serveur: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-29 05:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The guide is updated. Tizona sets added, everything else brought up to speed. I still have plans for miscellaneous sets to add, but our primary ones are all done until the next wave of gear.

Thanks for maintaining the guide.
Since you added a lot of Tizona-sets under RMEA sets, i'd like to know if they are still the best sets for Almace/Colada.
I know the gap between Store TP and multiattaks is much closer when using Almace cause multiattacks add a nice chunk of white dmg whit AM up, but not sure which would be better.

A little suggestion for the guide would be to put the "what spells do I really need?"-part in spoiler tags, since its really long and the "--Spell Sets---"-part actually answers the bigger part of the question.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-29 09:05:07
Link | Citer | R

That's a lot of sets. Thanks for the updates!
 Asura.Lunafreya
Serveur: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-07-29 09:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Attempting to build a low-tier Requiescat set. Should I be valuing MND over STR/Attack? For example, idk If I should be wearing STR rings/earrings or MND rings/earrings. Would an Epona's be a definite lock as 1 of the rings I am guessing?

I am thinking the priority is Double/Triple Attack > MND > STR. Is that correct?

Edit:

This is pretty much the gear I have at the moment, not sure if I am choosing the right pieces and not sure how to fill out the earrings/rings.

ItemSet 344991
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-07-29 12:07:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Spicyryan said:
So the Job trait bonus gift for BLU on BG states it does not enhance things like Rapid Shot, killer traits, or resist traits.

Yet, JP wiki states that they do.

For example Resist Sleep

Meanwhile Zanshin and other pages correctly only list one tier as the gift doesn't work with them.

So, are we sure they don't?

At the same time they also only list Crit dmg as a one tier affair for BLU. Sorta confusing, as they are really up to date pretty much.
 Odin.Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-29 12:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Asura.Spicyryan said:
So the Job trait bonus gift for BLU on BG states it does not enhance things like Rapid Shot, killer traits, or resist traits.

Yet, JP wiki states that they do.

For example Resist Sleep

Meanwhile Zanshin and other pages correctly only list one tier as the gift doesn't work with them.

So, are we sure they don't?

At the same time they also only list Crit dmg as a one tier affair for BLU. Sorta confusing, as they are really up to date pretty much.

This are some of my older findings... no evidence, that there are no aditional tiers for those traits, tho:

Odin.Brocovich said: »
maxdecphoenix said: »
On a side note, I actually came here to post that I'm pretty sure BLU gets a second tier of Lizard Killer. On 'Lizard Killer' BG page there is a note about not being sure if BLU gets or not, and it's not specified on this guide.

When they added the first JobTraitBonus-gift there was a bug, which activated job traits by just setting a spell with 4 points for its trait. pretty sure JTB just added 8 trait points to all the traits, which have multiple tiers and it worked for acc/att/eva/def/matt/crit - bonus traits, for store-TP, dual wield, counter...
it didn't work for TH, double/tripple-attack, rapid shot and killer traits, so my guess is, that you can't get higher tiers for those traits

Not sure if i tested resist-traits back then.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-07-29 12:33:17
Link | Citer | R

We aren't sure if someone doesn't do some real testing, but those traits (zanshin, rapid shot, and the killer/resist traits that we had old +4 trait points spells for) did not work with the JTB T1 glitch, as in you couldn't gain the tier 1 traits with less than 8 trait points like you could with every other trait JTB worked with.

It's possible JTB always worked for those traits but the glitch didn't effect them in particular for some reason, or that they were just broken and SE fixed them at some point, but if you wanted to be sure you would need to test.

For critical attack bonus, I'm pretty sure prothescar or someone checked when JTB gift first came out and said it worked, but it would be very easy double-check.

EDIT: Went and hit some fortifications, we do get critical attack bonus III.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-29 15:46:04
Link | Citer | R

The help text for JTB specifically says it does not work on(refresh, gilfinder and DA) I'm not sure it's best to assume that it works on everything else but I'd like to see some testing so that information could be placed on the trait page.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-29 15:50:19
Link | Citer | R

But then we all know how to gear and what spells to set and are called OP :(
 Odin.Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-29 15:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
but I'd like to see some testing so that information could be placed on the trait page.
Problem is that resist- and killer-traits are a pain to test.
 Siren.Itachi
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2016-07-29 21:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Hey folks, another off hand question. I got a Tan +1 for main hand and I have two coladas with different augments. Augment 1: DMG+8 acc+15 att+13 double attack+4. Augment 2: Att+9 mag dmg. taken -3% quadruple attack +3. Which colada augment is better to off hand?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-29 23:41:56
Link | Citer | R

By Blazed1979 2016-07-30 02:13:25
Link | Citer | R

um good luck getting anything remotely close to the updated gear sets on the front page... 10 dex 40acc/40atk QA+4???? might as well ask for Unicorns that ***skittles
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-30 02:16:52
Link | Citer | R

It's called "Dream-tier" for a reason. It's literally just a dream. Everything outside of those sets provides attainable options.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-07-30 03:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
um good luck getting anything remotely close to the updated gear sets on the front page... 10 dex 40acc/40atk QA+4???? might as well ask for Unicorns that ***skittles

Also your misquote of QA vs. TA is significant, since QA would imply constantly rolling the dice with dark matter where as TA simply involves throwing many, many NQ stones at it.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-30 04:19:11
Link | Citer | R

It's called "Dream-tier" for a reason. It's literally just a dream. Everything outside of those sets provides attainable options.
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Also your misquote of QA vs. TA is significant, since QA would imply constantly rolling the dice with dark matter where as TA simply involves throwing many, many NQ stones at it.

Do you know anyone, just even 1 player, who has those augments?
Just give me 1 and I'll settle for it.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-30 04:37:42
Link | Citer | R

No, I do not. The closest I have is 10 STR, 35 accuracy, 23 attack, 4 TA, and that took me far more stones than I'd like to remember. As I said before, those pieces are part of "the dream", emphasis on dream. I have shown the absolute best possible pieces of gear solely to make them known.

Literally an inch below the dream sets are sets labeled "top-tier", where the only specific requirements the augmented items have are, usually, 4 TA. That is a very attainable augment. The top-tier sets are, as I mention throughout the gearing section, the reasonably attainable best pieces of equipment, while the dream-tier sets are not reasonably attainable.

I do not understand the issue with displaying the absolute best options while also providing perfectly adequate substitutes for otherwise obscenely difficult to obtain items.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-30 06:04:53
Link | Citer | R

10 STR, 35 accuracy, 23 attack, 4 TA
That is pretty damn good and rare. I'm 6000 stones and haven't come anywhere near that. Best I got was str+2 accu+13 attack +19 and ta+3.

Anyways, thanks for updating the sets. I hope I'm not coming across more acute and aggressive than I mean to be.

My issue is we could potentially just put down Dark Matter augments that would blow the dream tier item sets you posted.

Since augments were introduced I realize that everyone has been having greater challenges establishing what is BiS.

Maybe there lays the problem - BiS framework thinking.

Might I suggest the following as an alternative that will help people progress in linear route:

Lets use the Abjuration HQ gear as a benchmark. From there out, provide swap ins with augments that would be superior.

For example:
Adhemar body +1 with Augment Path A is the standard BiS, beaten by Herc Body with minimum augments 20 Acc/20 Atk, dex 5, TA+3

(Just an example)

This gives people a means to aim towards getting the HQ, and in parallel being able to still try and get a superior augmented Herc body.

It will also give people who already have HQ body a target of when to switch to their Herc body.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but the entire introduction of augments means we need to rethink these guides for gear sets.

If there are any software design people out there, I would be willing to invest in a consolidated single application that served as a visual dps spreadsheet for all jobs.

If people who are reading this know of anyone who wants to make some money on the side and has the right skills to do this, point them my way please.
First Page 2 3 ... 300 301 302 ... 445 446 447