Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 477 478 479 ... 834 835 836
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-18 21:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Any way to boost the duration on Drain II/III HP+ effect? Would be nice if Nether Void and Dark Seal were on 3 minute timers.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-19 02:17:44
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Why not both earrings? You got two ears!
Well that's because of Mooonshade.
If I'm over 2750 TP sure, Ishvara and Sherida unless I need more acc (then Telos).
But if I'm under 2750 TP Moonshade is gonna provide a huge boost to a WS with big TP scaling like Savage Blade.
Which is why I'm comparing Sherida and Ishvara in the same slot.
Sure Ishvara can be a nice boost with 2% WSD, but so does Sherida with its sexy stats.

I have no spreadsheet with Savage Blade in it so I can't test it from a more unbiased point of view, which is why I was asking for other opinions.

For the neck/belt yes, I too was leaning on Caro/Grunfeld beating Fotia, but again, no sheet to test it so I wanted more unbiased opinions.
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-19 05:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Why not both earrings? You got two ears!
Well that's because of Mooonshade.
If I'm over 2750 TP sure, Ishvara and Sherida unless I need more acc (then Telos).
But if I'm under 2750 TP Moonshade is gonna provide a huge boost to a WS with big TP scaling like Savage Blade.
Which is why I'm comparing Sherida and Ishvara in the same slot.
Sure Ishvara can be a nice boost with 2% WSD, but so does Ishvara with its sexy stats.

I have no spreadsheet with Savage Blade in it so I can't test it from a more unbiased point of view, which is why I was asking for other opinions.

For the neck/belt yes, I too was leaning on Caro/Grunfeld beating Fotia, but again, no sheet to test it so I wanted more unbiased opinions.
Herpin the derp. Totes forgot about Moonshade.

But then that just exacerbates Ishvara's boost. +5 STR is a lot in the ear slot, but isn't much over all. Ishvara will win more and more the more TP you have, especially with a WS like Savage Blade.

And I wouldn't really say it's biased to admit that Fotia aren't the best for "single hitters". But they won't severely be gimping your numbers. So it really just comes down to if you want to see the largest number, or if you want a free WS 2% of the time in exchange for a small, marked decrease.
Mind you, this is because of the general quantity of +stat we're talking about in the belt and neck slots. If it were like an Ambuscade cape, then there would be no comparison.
But since it's nothing that the +ƒTP doesn't compensate... they're close enough to go with w/e. (At least right now.)
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-19 18:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Regarding Dark matter augs and 'chance of block' ; would 9% be considered good on a Colada?

Couldn't find the 'aug' max potential values for DM

Thx
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-19 23:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Dark matter +block augments cap at +10.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-01-20 08:11:26
Link | Citer | R

Looking for Ballista action. Which server currently is active with ballista?
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2017-01-20 08:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Doing "old" content. Trying to fish up Nahn. Is there some trick I'm missing? I spent three hours last night witha myriad of lures, rods, and locations. He didn't bite once. Is there a known successful method to get him?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-20 09:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alymorel said: »
Doing "old" content. Trying to fish up Nahn. Is there some trick I'm missing? I spent three hours last night witha myriad of lures, rods, and locations. He didn't bite once. Is there a known successful method to get him?

Just make sure you are at the big lake by the #4 conflux.
He's just like any other monster to fish up, although there are other crabs you can fish up as well. I think I used frog lure or fly lure. It doesn't take a long time to fish. GL
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-01-20 09:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Any way to boost the duration on Drain II/III HP+ effect? Would be nice if Nether Void and Dark Seal were on 3 minute timers.

Magic Burst it. If you have 5/5 in Dark Seal and use 119 Relic Hat, you could push your Drain II/III duration to 4.5min. Magic Bursting it with using what little MB armor is available to DRK will be enough to make up for not using Pixie Hairpin +1.

Edit: I misread it... MBing it won't boost duration, using the Dark Seal merits with Relic hat will.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-22 21:45:42
Link | Citer | R

Need to keep my sanity farming Sisyphus Fragments. Seems to never drop from the 10-15 min respawn, so I vaguely remember them being able to show up in Gold Chests too. How much amber should I get to for this? Should I avoid the large boxes since that'll open up KIs and be somewhere in the middle for items?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-22 22:02:26
Link | Citer | R

64-80 range works best. It is possible to get KI boxes at any level of amber, however, though it's pretty slim until you're up a bit. The real problem with going too high with amber is actually that you're also more likely to see higher end temp items like Revitalizer and augmented gear.

Another trick is to go to Abyssea whenever you have a spare moment (but not enough to stick around), kill Sisyphus, and warp out. Stockpile the fragments in your delivery box, or if possible, have a friend hold them and make deliveries to the zone.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-22 22:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
64-80 range works best. It is possible to get KI boxes at any level of amber, however, though it's pretty slim until you're up a bit. The real problem with going too high with amber is actually that you're also more likely to see higher end temp items like Revitalizer and augmented gear.

Another trick is to go to Abyssea whenever you have a spare moment (but not enough to stick around), kill Sisyphus, and warp out. Stockpile the fragments in your delivery box, or if possible, have a friend hold them and make deliveries to the zone.

Thanks, I'll hop in throughout the week for the fragments like you suggest, and then do a long grind / gold chest farm next weekend to hopefully wrap this up.
By Muay 2017-01-24 12:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Anyone come across the issue of their mouse not clicking where their pointer is?

That is to say that if my mouse cursor is at one place, clicking it actually clicks somewhere a few inches away instead. It means I can't actually click on menus using the mouse. Luckily this game doesn't need it, but it'd be nice to have a functioning mouse.

Based on googling and experimentation I've narrowed it down to a resolution issue, but haven't been able to fix, even with messing with config and windower resolution. Also have tried windowed and full screen.

If it matters I play on 1080 settings on a 4k monitor, which may be an issue, I don't know. Any help is appreciated.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-24 14:06:27
Link | Citer | R

Muay said: »
Anyone come across the issue of their mouse not clicking where their pointer is?

That is to say that if my mouse cursor is at one place, clicking it actually clicks somewhere a few inches away instead. It means I can't actually click on menus using the mouse. Luckily this game doesn't need it, but it'd be nice to have a functioning mouse.

Based on googling and experimentation I've narrowed it down to a resolution issue, but haven't been able to fix, even with messing with config and windower resolution. Also have tried windowed and full screen.

If it matters I play on 1080 settings on a 4k monitor, which may be an issue, I don't know. Any help is appreciated.

I cant help with this but just pointing that i also notice this on my game. Normally it pops in a small window when i log (probably 1/4 of my screen area) then i proceed to maximize to fit the entire screen. While its in the initial size, it works well, and dont work when i maximize. Similar to your problem.

As it never bothered me, i never tried to fix that but if i had to guess, i would say because in theory you can choose 2 resolutions: in the native game and in the windower. If i had to guess probably it should because some diferent configs between native pol and windower. Iirc, native pol cant be maximized.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-24 19:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever seen Albumen refuse to pop adds? Held it for 6 minutes with only the original 4 adds(no deaths), decided to try to wipe and go on with the fight anyway to see if it'd just leave it at 4. Popped next 4 while BRD was saccing and they aggroed alliance. Waited another 3 min and last 4 wouldn't pop.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-25 01:55:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Anyone ever seen Albumen refuse to pop adds?
Happened to us once and we kinda went WTF.
Took him around 30 seconds to pop Adds, my NiTro was about to expire and I was panicking, trust me.

Never went on as far as it did for you though.
Wonder if this is part of the original mechanics meant by SE (as in: there's a way to avoid Albumen popping adds) or if it's just a random bug.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-25 02:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Can you dbox threads and crap from ambuscade between characters on the same account?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-25 03:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
Can you dbox threads and crap from ambuscade between characters on the same account?
Nope
By Muay 2017-01-25 14:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

I cant help with this but just pointing that i also notice this on my game. Normally it pops in a small window when i log (probably 1/4 of my screen area) then i proceed to maximize to fit the entire screen. While its in the initial size, it works well, and dont work when i maximize. Similar to your problem.

As it never bothered me, i never tried to fix that but if i had to guess, i would say because in theory you can choose 2 resolutions: in the native game and in the windower. If i had to guess probably it should because some diferent configs between native pol and windower. Iirc, native pol cant be maximized.

This is exactly what's happening with me. I can full screen with proper mouse use without windower but with windower it's an issue.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-01-25 14:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Thanks again for this advice. I was panicking about how awful it would be at first but with some pacing I'm already 26/75. I could probably finish it on the weekend. I've got about 7 fragments stashed away too.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-27 21:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Im planning to finish clothcraft tomorrow but the way 90-110 diesnt seems easy at all, not so much because of price but because hardly gonna get any stack at that lv so what the best way to farm akaso? or are there any tip?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-01-28 05:27:07
Link | Citer | R

My guess it is your UI scale, if you change your UI scale your pointer does not line up with the new UI size, In windower settings, Profile > Edit > Game > Make sure the UI Scale slider is all the way to the left at 1x.
By Calinar 2017-02-01 07:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know, is the Baby Lizard in Mog Garden broken?

It's been a baby lizard for 2 weeks with 3 full stars... it won't evolve into the full sized lizard.
By Antisense 2017-02-01 09:21:58
Link | Citer | R

According to this it evolves in 19 days. There is no food to force evolution:

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/32809.html
[+]
By Calinar 2017-02-01 09:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Jesus Christ 19 days? for a tier 1? So it kind of -is- broken, its the only one that takes the full time with no food to force, that sucks.

None of the other ones take that long lol.

19 days from 3 star, or 19 days from day 0? The treant, the rabbit, the everything else evolved a day or two after hitting 3 stars and not being forced into the special food evo.

*EDIT*
Wow. It actually, literally just evolved today. At the day change, pretty damn close to the 19th day after all, that's kinda wild. Thanks for info/page/reply. AND gave me the lizard memento immediately.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-02-03 06:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Is it only a bug on my side or are the dominion tacticians in abyssea-altepa & grauberg really missing ?
By Calinar 2017-02-03 07:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Current Known Issue (Feb. 2, 3)

We have confirmed an issue with the following NPCs, so they have been temporarily deleted.

- NPC "Dominion Tactician" at Abyssea - Altepa
- NPC "Dominion Tactician" at Abyssea - Uleguerand
- NPC "Dominion Tactician" at Abyssea - Grauberg

We will make an announcement later regarding when the NPCs will be available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-02-03 07:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Calinar. I should have read the update notes more carefuly
By veddertehtaco 2017-02-04 21:45:35
Link | Citer | R

1)Is it possible (I know not ideal)to do the 6step to pop plouton as drk using a bahamut zhagnol?

2) best way of getting kunwu ore?

I'm sure I'll be spamming here with more questions later as I try getting into more "relevant" content
First Page 2 3 ... 477 478 479 ... 834 835 836