Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 397 398 399 ... 835 836 837
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-10-04 23:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have querkening brais and can confirm the 10% cast time is for songs? In japanese it says it's for stoneskin so just curious which is right.
By Aeyela 2015-10-05 10:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
I can't seem to reset my Paladin AF quests to redo them. I've definitely gotten all six of them in the past and no longer possess any. I had the body in storage which I've tossed, that didn't fix it either. I'm not sure what else I could be doing wrong?

For anyone who had this issue, putting my +1 Feet in storage worked.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-10-05 11:20:29
Link | Citer | R

How is Hanbi in Escha-Ru'ann? I've never fought him yet so I'm curious with how things go with him and his adds
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-06 06:16:46
Link | Citer | R

I want to level my adventuring fellow as part of the requirements for one of the vorseals, BGWiki says that fellow exp calculations are based on their own level vs the mob rather than the player, so would I be able to go to Ceizak, wreck the mobs there and level my fellow stupid fast?
By Aeyela 2015-10-06 06:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Assuming it's not changed since I was last playing, yeah, it goes off monster level so I see no reason that shouldn't work. It was a popular tactic back in the day to kill monsters way higher than the fellow for quick levels.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-06 07:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
How is Hanbi in Escha-Ru'ann? I've never fought him yet so I'm curious with how things go with him and his adds
I use a strong RNG setup(geo geo brd rng rng rng | pld whm thf) and he dies in 90 seconds. Adds are sleepable, so a BRD with duration+ gear can just sleep each add once. I think he summons an add every time he uses crippling rime, maybe it's just a chance on TP move though.

Worth noting that when I did a clear with a large/inefficient group, we had a second PLD hold all the adds, and eventually one of them used souleater and started hitting people for 3000. Not sure if it was caused by a move Hanbi did, or just the fact they were awake and gaining TP, but I've never seen it using my RNG setup. I haven't noticed any increase in difficulty(damage taken lowering or damage dealt increasing) due to adds being out, even in that fight. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's not very significant if you have proper buffs.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-10-07 15:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Fast cast cap? Sitting at 59% at the moment.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-10-07 15:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I use a strong RNG setup(geo geo brd rng rng rng | pld whm thf) and he dies in 90 seconds. Adds are sleepable, so a BRD with duration+ gear can just sleep each add once. I think he summons an add every time he uses crippling rime, maybe it's just a chance on TP move though.

Worth noting that when I did a clear with a large/inefficient group, we had a second PLD hold all the adds, and eventually one of them used souleater and started hitting people for 3000. Not sure if it was caused by a move Hanbi did, or just the fact they were awake and gaining TP, but I've never seen it using my RNG setup. I haven't noticed any increase in difficulty(damage taken lowering or damage dealt increasing) due to adds being out, even in that fight. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's not very significant if you have proper buffs.

You can do this with GEO/BRD/WHM/PLD/THF as I have done it with the setup before. Just have the bard sleep the adds when they pop and smooth sailing from there.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-10-07 15:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
BlaTheTaru said: »
Fast cast cap? Sitting at 59% at the moment.
80%

Thanks! Also, is there a way for sch to hit 80%?
By Draylo 2015-10-07 15:12:34
Link | Citer | R

We regularly do Hanbi as BLU THF WHM + Arciela + KingHearts(or Koru) + random(Qultada or Sel'tehus.) Make sure one of the DD swap to a demon when it pops and keep them killed and its very easy.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-08 00:41:15
Link | Citer | R

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48819-are-messed-up
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-10-08 04:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Did you check what missions and RoEs each character had completed? I think you can get bonus CP per kill depending on the mission and WKR RoEs you have completed. This is very probable if your GEO is a mule and hasn't done any missions, let alone completed the RoVs for the bonus CP.

In regards to your other issue about damage, what you have written does not have enough information for anyone to help you, including S-E.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-08 05:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

Did you check what missions and RoEs each character had completed? I think you can get bonus CP per kill depending on the mission and WKR RoEs you have completed. This is very probable if your GEO is a mule and hasn't done any missions, let alone completed the RoVs for the bonus CP.

In regards to your other issue about damage, what you have written does not have enough information for anyone to help you, including S-E.
GEO not a mule -.-

I guess It could be it >.>

But here is another question

Does Cheers stay Active even if they are not up ?

Because that would also make a difference, wouldnt it ? >.>
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-10-08 05:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

He takes double damage when readying TP moves. I think after a certain threshold, each TP move used will summon an addition add(up to 4 max?), but they can be stunned to prevent both the TP move and the pet. The only time I ever saw souleater was when a fight was dragging on way too long for some reason.

Alternatively, I did this 4man with SAM GEO GEO WHM with August and Apururu trusts. If you time SC with TP moves right, he dies in under 30 seconds.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-09 01:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Does the enmity+/- category in merits add up to enmity+/- from gear toward the cap of +200/-50 or work in a separate term (e.g. Tranquil Heart)?
By Draylo 2015-10-09 02:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a good setup for Coven fight in Zi'tah vs the 3 pixies? That doesn't involve BST.
By Aeyela 2015-10-09 16:43:02
Link | Citer | R

I have just traded my Sapling in Mog Garden a Potion and gotten the "Squirms uncontrollably" message. According to Wiki this means he's going to evolve, but I've zoned a bunch and he hasn't yet. Is there something else I'm missing? As you can tell by my choice of pet I'm quite new to this.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-09 16:46:17
Link | Citer | R

For most species, the chance of them evolving isn't 100% (and in fact usually rather low), so you'll probably need to keep trying. If you definitely want the subspecies, you should set the parenting type to "live in the moment", or else you might get the default adult path.

Higher end stuff like pondweeds and shanks are 100% (or otherwise extremely high) if the conditions are right.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-09 16:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Alright. The wording on BG implies that that message means a definite evolution. I'll bear this in mind, thanks.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-09 17:59:54
Link | Citer | R

With this campaign for Mog Gardens starting tomorrow, will it rank up the pets faster, so we can get the CP/XP cheers faster/easier?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-09 18:39:26
Link | Citer | R

The only way in which the Mog garden campaign effects monster rearing is the following.

Quote:
-Reared creatures will provide items twice daily

Further Bonus's include:

Quote:
- Moogles in the Mog Gardens will sell the following items.
Golden seed pouch / Chestnut tree sap / Monarch beetle saliva /
Bronze Bed / Mahogany Bed / Noble’s Bed / Goblin Stew 880
- Mog Gardens will undergo the following adjustments.
- Double the normal amount of shining stars will be earned.
- Different flotsam will wash up upon the shores.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-10-09 22:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
With this campaign for Mog Gardens starting tomorrow, will it rank up the pets faster, so we can get the CP/XP cheers faster/easier?
No. Monster rearing rank seems to be based on simple time.
The only "easier" that the campaign does is let you harvest twice, which gives you two chances at a memento.

But even with those two chances, you're not gonna really have any chance at a memento before 1.5 stars for babies (on average) and 2+ stars for adults (on average).
Barring beaming mood, which always rewards a memento.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-10-10 04:09:46
Link | Citer | R

Are there any moves that DT reduces damage on but neither PDT, MDT nor BDT don't?
 Fenrir.Ironside
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ironside
By Fenrir.Ironside 2015-10-11 05:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Are there any moves that DT reduces damage on but neither PDT, MDT nor BDT don't?

Hmmm... I'd imagine Requiescat would fall into this, but I don't really know for sure.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-11 05:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

I know Quick Draw (not that mobs can do it) ignores MDT, but I'm not sure if it also ignores DT
By Aeyela 2015-10-11 06:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to get maximum of all augments on one JSE Cape, or if I get a max augment on one, should I get another Cape and begin augmenting that?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-11 07:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Yes. It's possible, but incredibly rare.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-10-11 08:25:58
Link | Citer | R

With equipsets, if you get a worthwile max augment and have a bit of inventory, you're better off making multiple capes ;)
First Page 2 3 ... 397 398 399 ... 835 836 837