Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 296 297 298 ... 834 835 836
By Pantafernando 2014-07-22 20:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
Thanks for the fast responses!

Mostly for personal knowledge.

Also quick question, is there a way to unlock the new WS's prior to obtaining the mythic~esque counterpart? I know seems silly, but I've been away from the game for 8 months and bgwiki doesn't have little things like that posted - unless I don't know where I'm looking.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42346

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-22 21:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Is legion a once a day thing? i cant seem to found a responce anywhere XD
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-22 21:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
Is legion a once a day thing? i cant seem to found a responce anywhere XD

No, you can spam if you want, it just costs gil.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-22 21:42:40
Link | Citer | R

ah ok

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 01:20:25
Link | Citer | R

i dont have any REM's (except a my mule brd i made a few months ago to complete his usefulness for all events) and i never lose parses, always twobox and get invited/never need to shout for any event in the game. just get gear for jobs via skirmishes and move up from there, youll eventually have gear for almost all jobs that is actually respectable and youll enjoy having the ability to change jobs and be versatile when you and your friends decide to change events.

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2014-07-23 03:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Yeah, TH1 trait plus a TH belt would give you TH2 (Treasure Hound mog power would give you an extra level on top of that). BLU would make a better farmer than PUP/DNC since currency farming without at least TH1 isn't worth the effort. Neither is magic proccing. White procs are too rare to justify going subless, at least while solo.

I'm a page late, and it is nitpicky, but the Super Kupowers do not affect dynamis zones.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-23 03:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Think i confused it with signet effects. Struck it out from the post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-23 03:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Does Magic Damage +X on newer staves increase drain/aspir, or should I look at getting a Dark Damage staff
By Davorin 2014-07-23 03:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Does Magic Damage +X on newer staves increase drain/aspir, or should I look at getting a Dark Damage staff

Quote:
The potency of drain and aspir spells is affected only by Dark Magic skill, equipment which directly modifies Element: Dark-elemental magic damage, and equipment which directly modifies the Drain and Aspir spells. INT plays a role in determining the accuracy (resist rate), but does not affect potency. Magic Attack Bonus has no effect on potency.
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Drain/Aspir_Spell

Given that MAB has no effect on potency, I would assume Magic Damage + has no effect as well.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-23 04:14:45
Link | Citer | R

kaitaru, if you were on my server id gladly bring you along to events to be honest. for the love of the game i spend a good amount of time helping the group of players in my mules linkshell. (i dont see the need to have one shell between two characters, even though i am a leader of topsnotbottoms)they are extremely inviting on people who they take in and weekly make sure everyone has wins. i used to have to go with them to make sure everything was going as smoothly as possible but theyve actually gone on to be successful when im not even there.(not just me though, over time others from my shell have taken likeness to the people in that shell and also offered help, which people im sure would find surprising seeing as topsnotbottoms is supposedly an "elitist" shell)
they work together and really, they make it so that each and every person over time learns to be able to maintain a run of their own by giving them periods of leadership. all of this really started with a group of people who i thought were cool, but werent very good or had many good jobs for events, but over time they got better and used those jobs they had (even pup, run, and blu) in those events.
this extends beyond the linkshell as they actually tend to make their own runs/subgroups for non-event times that include people not even in either shell. if this sounds like something youre interested in you can PM me for more information. it sounds like you could use a little fresh air

edit: they themselves have created a decent amount of server transfers somehow, im not exactly sure how theyve met the people that transfered as most of them dont post here/bg/of, but 5-6 people are recent transfers that before they transfered would come on vent and chat. like i said PM me if this is interesting, anyone for that matter
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-23 11:08:54
Link | Citer | R

How come scoreboard doesn't count counters? In dps or stat?

I suppose: different type of packet, unreadable etc?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-23 11:37:04
Link | Citer | R

How much acc for Woh Gates?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-23 11:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
How much acc for Woh Gates?

Delve 2 accuracy is a good place to start, but it depends on what you're fighting. Without Madrigals and/or Distract (depending on potency) you're uncapped.
By Bariman 2014-07-23 11:56:08
Link | Citer | R

I think it's around 1030 accuracy for woh gates mobs. Remember going in there and checking and I didn't hit low evasion checks until around 1000. Would say go up to 1050 to be absolutely safe.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-23 12:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Davorin said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Quote:
The potency of drain and aspir spells is affected only by Dark Magic skill, equipment which directly modifies Element: Dark-elemental magic damage, and equipment which directly modifies the Drain and Aspir spells. INT plays a role in determining the accuracy (resist rate), but does not affect potency. Magic Attack Bonus has no effect on potency.
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Drain/Aspir_Spell

Given that MAB has no effect on potency, I would assume Magic Damage + has no effect as well.

Damnit Dav. Wanted to get out of making it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-07-23 19:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know where I can find an updated map pack for Apradar or Mappy? One that include Yorcia (U) and Outer Ra'ka (U)? I have a .ini, I just need the maps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-07-24 00:53:19
Link | Citer | R

What procs first Brazen Rush or Conqueror's Oa2-3?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-07-24 02:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Gracias.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-07-24 06:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Anyone know where I can find an updated map pack for Apradar or Mappy? One that include Yorcia (U) and Outer Ra'ka (U)? I have a .ini, I just need the maps.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-07-24 11:09:34
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling this question is really dumb and/or I'm missing something obvious...buuut

How do I set up spell shortcuts with Windower? Like typing in //cure4 <part of someone's name> to cure 4 whoever. This was built into spellcast, but with that long gone I was wondering how to get this function back.

Also, is there a simple autoexec command to auto-echo drop when I'm silenced? There was that addon ages ago that did it, but I don't believe it works anymore.

FFXIAH search appears to be broken atm, so can't search for my answers specifically.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-24 11:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
I have a feeling this question is really dumb and/or I'm missing something obvious...buuut

How do I set up spell shortcuts with Windower? Like typing in //cure4 <part of someone's name> to cure 4 whoever. This was built into spellcast, but with that long gone I was wondering how to get this function back.

There's an add on called shortcuts that do exactly that
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-07-24 11:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Also, is there a simple autoexec command to auto-echo drop when I'm silenced? There was that addon ages ago that did it, but I don't believe it works anymore.

And AEcho does this...again in windower 4. Works great. Good luck.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-24 11:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Aecho plugin in windower does that, it still works because I use it myself.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-07-24 11:18:42
Link | Citer | R

I indeed missed something obvious, and I should leave that addon turned on when I need it. lol

Thanks.
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-24 13:01:00
Link | Citer | R

I have been hearing odin, asura and bahamut are the most active servers these days, even in EU times and I would like to ask; 1) is that true? 2) which one is the most EU friendly? By EU friendly I mean, are there still active EU linkshells* which aren't full and don't have too strict requirements to join.

*edit: and PUGs
First Page 2 3 ... 296 297 298 ... 834 835 836