[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 26 27 28
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-05 11:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Can we get sparkle text?

I'm feeling fabulous now~
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-05 12:12:47
Link | Citer | R

No to sparkle text.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-05 12:22:00
Link | Citer | R

How about these?

Or some additional support of the UNI Code so we can add additional symbols to our posts would also be nice:

Like these

Something we don't have to copy/paste from a different website, like a page you can create that specific to these symbols.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-05 12:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Dameshi suggested that eons ago.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-05 12:46:14
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Dameshi suggested that eons ago.

He actually gave me the icons for them too; I just have to wire them up in the BBCode parser.

MEA CULPA, YOUR MAJESTY
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-08-05 12:52:54
Link | Citer | R

I cannot fault you for a busy schedule, I may merely fault the gods for creating a 24 hour day and a necessity for rest.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-05 12:56:48
Link | Citer | R

I'll fault Rooks, somebody's got to!

Bad Rooks, Bad!
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-27 12:11:50
Link | Citer | R

What about adding a button / menu link to

MithraPride's Vana'diel Clock [etc.]

http://www.mithrapride.org/vana_time/index.html

http://www.mithrapride.org/vana_time/airshiptable.html

http://www.mithrapride.org/vana_time/chocoracetable.html

Or emulate what they have made on AH site?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-31 09:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Would it be possible to please remove anything from the P + R section from showing up on the home page? The random P + R thread was created, but people still keep thinking the topic on their minds is the 1 special topic that deserves its own thread. So out of the 9 recently updated topics on the home page, there's always between 2-4 P + R threads showing.
Considering that FFXI was always a game with little in game info, and we need to use outside sources for information on how to progress (including this site) seeing all that P + R takes away from the game's experience. even if you don't click on the thread, just seeing the titles are enough to annoy me. I'm also sure I'm not alone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-31 09:48:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to see all the P + R threads on the home page at all. They block out the melee WHM discussions. And please, considering I have 337 posts vs your 23071, don't talk to me about going outside.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-31 10:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Would it be possible to please remove anything from the P + R section from showing up on the home page? The random P + R thread was created, but people still keep thinking the topic on their minds is the 1 special topic that deserves its own thread. So out of the 9 recently updated topics on the home page, there's always between 2-4 P + R threads showing.
Considering that FFXI was always a game with little in game info, and we need to use outside sources for information on how to progress (including this site) seeing all that P + R takes away from the game's experience. even if you don't click on the thread, just seeing the titles are enough to annoy me. I'm also sure I'm not alone.
Rooks and I have discussed this bua neither a yes nor a no was really decided. It's require some caches to be altered.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-31 10:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Also, KN. Don't knock suggestions.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-31 10:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Rooks and I have discussed this bua neither a yes nor a no was really decided. It's require some caches to be altered.
Thanks, much appreciated.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-31 10:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Which comes along with "block sections" suggestion.

It would be too much work for Rooks because somebody cannot ignore a section that is clearly marked by both a designation on it (in this case, a [P+R]) and the title of the thread.

It shouldn't be up to Rooks to babysit a bunch of people who complains about practically nothing.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-31 10:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

It would be too much work for Rooks because somebody cannot ignore a section that is clearly marked by both a designation on it (in this case, a [P+R]) and the title of the thread.

It shouldn't be up to Rooks to babysit a bunch of people who complains about practically nothing.
Again with the insults and condescension.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-31 10:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Also, KN. Don't knock suggestions.
I can't help it if the suggestion-maker is actually trolling.

Maybe you should look into that instead?
I'm not trolling. I never troll. I'm giving my actual heartfelt desire and I can be adult enough to take a "no." First insults, then accusations.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-31 10:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Again with the insults and condescension.
Was I talking about you?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-31 10:23:45
Link | Citer | R

I don't have time for this. Thanks Anna for the reply.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-08-31 10:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Jesus Christ. Don't fight in the suggestions thread.

I've made the changes in my dev environment, and they work, so I'll package it up for Scragg shortly. Specifically, it will be an option, defaulting to not showing P+R.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-31 10:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Who the hell uses the homepage anyway! The forum tab is where it's at!
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-01 10:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's been suggested, can the "bbcode" parser be made to handle youtube videos with start-times like this url: https://youtu.be/qr4JkceC_PQ?t=1m24s
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-09-01 10:38:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Not sure if it's been suggested, can the "bbcode" parser be made to handle youtube videos with start-times like this url: https://youtu.be/qr4JkceC_PQ?t=1m24s

I actually spent a fair amount of time trying to get the "start at" piece to work, but something in our embedding code doesn't like it.

So yeah, I don't remember if it came up from someone else, or I just wanted it for something, but I haven't gotten it to work yet (and bigger stuff's been broken more recently).

On the radar, though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-01 10:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
and bigger stuff's been broken more recently
Are you going to fix the world economy?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-01 10:58:27
Link | Citer | R

you made girlboy a mod again, so re-institute our ability to block mods, or alternatively force him to ***post on a normal account like the rest of us. he / she sucks / blows.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 26 27 28