users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Spellcast Basics
Spellcast Basics
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2012-01-11 02:25:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm finally dragging my butt into the 21st Century and I'm trying to understand this plugin.

I'm using v2.450 and I'd like to find a simple skillup xml for use on rdm. I understand xml enough to possibly write one. What I don't understand is 1. Where do I place the xml file? 2. Does the name matter? 3. How is the xml script activated? 4. How do I make it stop?

Thanks in advance for all guidance...
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-01-11 02:52:51
Link | Citer | R

1. Windower/plugins/spellcast
2. Name the file the job you want it to work for. rdm in your case.
3. It activates automatically depending on the job you are on.
4. //unload spellcast
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-01-11 02:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Ok so the name is the thing? I just have to name each xml after the job it's tailored for?
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-01-11 03:03:46
Link | Citer | R

in regards to the name, if you dont want this to automatically load every time you play rdm then name it something else and use the command //sc load yourfilename.xml

if you name it yourcharactername_rdm.xml then it will load automatically every time you swap to rdm and will always be active unless you physically unload it. for this reason i suggest naming it something different. you probably dont want to be trying to cure someone and suddenly your skill up cycle starts.

in regards to writing one, there is at least one floating around here (i dont have the link). it comes complete with a function on how to exit the loop and return to normal play.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-01-11 03:06:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said: »
Ok so the name is the thing? I just have to name each xml after the job it's tailored for?

if you want your file to load every time you swap to a job then name your file yourcharactername_job.xml

if you want to be specific with subjob as well (not really necessary since you can add rule for subjobs in the file) then name it yourcharactername_job_subjob.xml

if you dont want it to load automatically then name it yourfilename.xml
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-01-11 03:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
it comes complete with a function on how to exit the loop and return to normal play.
anyone know which one he's referring to? :/
 Shiva.Maahes
Serveur: Shiva
user: Maahes
By Shiva.Maahes 2012-01-11 05:21:29
Link | Citer | R

There is This one.

Its fairly old now, but still works (last time i tried some time ago now) , I'm sure there will be more up-to date and flashier ones around somewhere but this will do summoning, healing, enhancing depending on how you start it.

I do remember a 'generic' skill up one somewhere, but I couldn't find a link anywhere ;;

ps if you have a newer and flashier one 'giz a link ^.~
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-01-11 17:18:20
Link | Citer | R

if someone could teach me how to upload stuff or post to pastebin or something i could share. but im not savvy on how to do that stuff.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-11 17:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Personally I'd just use the code tags:

Code
[code=xml][/code ]

and post your script in between the tags (w/o the space).

But if you want to post to a pastebin then:

Go to this site: http://pastebin.com/

Or sign up here: http://pastebin.com/signup

Click on 'Create New Paste' or go here: http://pastebin.com/

Paste your script in the 'New Paste' box

You can set your 'Syntax Highlighting' to XML if you wish.

Paste Expiration: Never (you can just delete it when you're done)

Click 'Submit'

Your post now has its own URL with options:

EDIT | DELETE | COPY TO CLIPBOARD | DOWNLOAD | RAW | EMBED

Just use your link to share with others.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-01-11 17:45:21
Link | Citer | R

ok ill do that later tonight. thx :)
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-01-12 03:04:49
Link | Citer | R

http://pastebin.com/5schKEED

Ok here is what I use. I am not the original author, but I modified this to include all magic skills that could be passively skilled without and enemy to cast on. It has bugs, but it gets the job done. If someone can fix the bugs that would be great. Mostly the problem is the wait times seam off, but changing them hasnt helped. And change current spell doesnt seam to work right either.

As for use, I change the current spell to what I want to cast manually in the XML before loading it. Then if I'm rdm or /rdm the first cast is changed to refresh so I have to cast the trigger spell 2x before walking away. (ex cast Cure (it changes spell to refresh because buff isnt active) so I cast cure again once refresh is active to start cycle) I left item sets blank, but I would stack mp refresh and possibly haste/fast cast. Also cast in a place that you can get a refresh from signate/sigile/ect.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-01-12 23:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »

Link is buggy, it directs back to this thread... reposting it so it jumps you to the xml post.http://pastebin.com/5schKEED
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [830 days between previous and next post]
By jtbo 2014-04-21 18:07:00
Link | Citer | R

I'v tried name_job
name_job.txt
name_job.xml
job
job.txt
job.xml

and yet it keeps telling me can't find file
its windwoer>plugins>spellcast and then i did there and also made a folderfor each job and still can't find file
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-04-21 18:23:03
Link | Citer | R

jtbo said: »
I'v tried name_job
name_job.txt
name_job.xml
job
job.txt
job.xml

and yet it keeps telling me can't find file
its windwoer>plugins>spellcast and then i did there and also made a folderfor each job and still can't find file
On your machine, are you able to see file extensions? If you aren't, then you may be setting the name to something like job.xml.txt and not knowing it.

All spellcast files are .xml so just be sure that when you go to change the file extension, it is actually the file extension and not simply adding more to the file name.

If that isn't it, you may check to make sure you are in the right windower folder. Windower 4 uses a folder in program files by default.

It'll be like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\plugins\spellcast
Or if you are a 32 bit os:
C:\Program Files\Windower4\plugins\spellcast

See if either of those helps.