Bowl Of Embers (Hyper)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
Bowl of Embers (Hyper)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Calemero 2011-10-05 00:18:51
Link | Citer | R

_________________________________________________________________________________

HOW TO GUIDE: IFRIT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT
Quote:
Party Composition
MRD, CNJ, CNJ, THM, LNC, LNC, LNC, LNC
The reason LNC outshines other DPS classes is because of a) it's overall dmg buff in 1.19 and b) it's auto attack range. We have also completed the fight with MRD DPS and have made attempts with PGL and GLA as well. ARC is useless due to having an animation lock on every single light shot and overall low DPS with the multi buff nerf in 1.19.

Party Positioning
General positioning through Phases 2~5 to avoid Sear/Eruption
General positioning through Phases 2~5 to avoid Sear/Radiant Plumes
General positioning through Phases 2~5 to avoid Crimson Cyclone/Hellfire
Phase One
HP: 100% ~ 75%
Abilities:
Auto Regen

Phase one starts by initiating the pull from the zone in area. Have your tank pull him back to the ring of fire wall. Melee DPS should initiate from the get go and full out DPS. Don't worry if they pull hate as Ifrit does very low melee damage in the first phase. Have your THM focused on Poison, Bio, Dia - keeping them up 100% of the time as well as refreshing Slow on Ifrit whenever it is off of cooldown. One CNJ should be focused on keeping Stoneskin on the Melee DPS group everytime it is off of cooldown. The other CNJ will be main healing the tank.

Continue to have CNJ keep rolling Stoneskins on the DPS group and the THM keep up Poison, Bio, Dia and Slow. Phase one ends when Ifrit's HP reaches 75% HP.

Phase 2
Quote:
HP 75% ~ 50%
Abilities:
Auto Regen
Swipe
Vulcan Buster (15s)
Radiant Plume (15s)
Eruption (15s)
Incinerate (15s)
Crimson Cyclone (15s)

Phase two starts when Ifrit's HP reaches 75%. Another indication the phase has started is when Ifrit uses his first special ability, who go off every 15 seconds (barring Slow debuff). The tank will be incurring damage from Swipe (frontal conal melee damage) as well as Incinerate which is a flame breath targetted at the person on the top of the threat list. Just have one CNJ focus on the tank just like before. This phase is mechanically the same as the last except your party will have to "move out the fire".

Main Abilities

Vulcan buster (AoE knockback and damage), Crimson Cyclone (Teleport and Dash attack), Eruption (Voidzone) and Radiant Plume (Multiple voidzone grid) will all fire off every 15 seconds at random. He will never use the same ability twice.
Affects: Everyone

Crimson Cyclone will teleport ifrit into the air and land him in 1 of 8 possible spots on the outer edge of the fire ring. He will then charge for a second and do a dash attack to another one of the 1 of 8 spots. He will always dash to the adjacent area.
Affects: Everyone

Eruption will spawn a cracked lava voidzone underneathe the player second on the threat list. After about 2~3 seconds the eruption will explode damaging anyone inside of it's radius. The best way to avoid this ability is to look for Ifrit's "tells". He will put his body in a crouched linebacker position 1 second before he uses it. After Eruption is recognized, anyone in the radius should run directly away from the voidzone.
Affects: Healers and DPS

Radiant Plume will spawn 5~6 dark pools of energy radially around Ifrit. When Radiant Plume (henceforth refered to as "Plume") goes off, everyone within a pool must move out of it or they will incure large amounts of damage. The best way to avoid it is to look for another one of Ifrit's "tells". He will kneel down on one knee and put his right arm up in the air as if in summoning. Run towards Ifrit as the pools spawn at least 5 yards away from him, creating a "safe zone" around his body. Another alternative is to run inbetween the pools, but due to hitbox registering on the server, this can prove fatal in most cases.
Affects: Healers, DPS and RARELY the Tank

Continue to have CNJ keep rolling Stoneskins on the DPS group and the THM keep up Poison, Bio, Dia and Slow. Phase two ends when Ifrit reaches 50% HP.

Phase 3
Quote:
HP 50% ~ 30%
Abilities:
Auto Regen
Swipe
Vulcan Buster (15s)
Radiant Plume (15s)
Eruption x3 (15s)
Incinerate (15s)
Crimson Cyclone x3 (15s)
Sear (8~10s)

Phase three starts when Ifrit's HP reaches 50%. Another indication the phase has started is when Ifrit starts to glow. This phase is identical to phase two aside from three exceptions.

Eruption will now spawn x3 on the person who is second on the threat list. The voidzones will follow said person and then continue to explode in succession. The best way for everyone to avoid this is to not run in the same direction as the person targetted.

Crimson Cyclone will now teleport Ifrit x3. Same mechanics as before except now he will teleport and dash three times in a row.

The last exception is that he will use a new ability called Sear. This is a 8~10 second AoE damage pulse that lasts from Phase three to five. It will deal damage to anyone within it's range. The best way to counter this is to have your DPS either a) Auto Attack from max distance (best used with LNC) or to b) joust in an out (best used with PGL/MRD).

Continue to have CNJ keep rolling Stoneskins on the DPS group and the THM keep up Poison, Bio, Dia and Slow. Phase three ends when Ifrit's reaches 30% HP.

Phase 4
Quote:
HP 30% ~ ??? (60 seconds)
Abilities:
Auto Regen
Swipe
Vulcan Buster (15s)
Eruption (15s)
Incinerate (15s)
Crimson Cyclone (15s)
Sear (8~10s)
Hellfire (Astral Flow)

Phase four starts when Ifrit's HP reaches 30% and only lasts for 60 seconds, whereafter Ifrit will cast Hellfire (Astral Flow). Another indication the phase has started is when Ifrit summons x4 Infernal Nails on the battlefield. He will summon them in a Quadrilateral around himself. Each Infernal Nail (henceforth refered to as "Nail") has roughly 2000HP. Each represents a damage tier for his Hellfire (Astral Flow) ability, and by killing them the abilitie's damage will be reduced. For this guide you will only need to kill off ONE of the Nails.

Position your DPS in such a way that the Nail is between them and Ifrit. Have them DPS the nail until it is dead and then continue to DPS Ifrit. A good tactic for this phase is to have MRD using Storm's Path (AoE) and LNC using Doomspike II (column AoE).

Continue to have CNJ keep rolling Stoneskins on the DPS group and the THM keep up Poison, Bio, Dia and Slow. Phase four ends when the 60 second timer is up and Ifrit casts Hellfire.

Phase 5
Quote:
HP ??% ~ 0%
Abilities:
Auto Regen
Swipe
Vulcan Buster (10s)
Eruption x4 (10s)
Incinerate (10s)
Crimson Cyclone x3 (10s)
Sear (5s)

Phase five starts immediately after Ifrit uses Hellfire. This phase is identical to phase two and three aside from four exceptions.

Eruption will now spawn x2 on two people who are on the threat list and they are larger than the previous phases. The voidzones will follow the targetted players and then continue to explode in succession. The best way for everyone to avoid this is to not run in the same direction as the players targetted.

Crimson Cyclone will now teleport Ifrit x3 and there will be three of him in each teleport converging on 3 of 8 possible dash points. The best way to avoid this is to get inbetween 2 of the 3 Ifrit clones and stand still until the phase is over.

Plume now spawns across the entire battlefield. The same mechanics apply to this phase where you need to get within Ifrit's Sear range which is the "safe zone" around his body.

Sear now pulses every 5 seconds so it is imperitive that your CNJ keep up rolling Stoneskins and Curagas on the DPS and Tank. Once Ifrit reaches 0% you have obviously bested the god and you deserve a pat on the back!

Helpful Tips
  • Always Eat food (Shepherd's Pie/Meat Miqotebob & Sauerkraut/Tomato Pie & Knight's Bread)

• Always keep Shell/Stoneskin/Protect on with Roaming Soul

• Slow. Is. Important. Keep it up 100% You think animation lock is bad? Well it hits Ifrit as well!

• Good ways to mitigate damage are to use Defender II, Sentinel and Fire Resist gear/materia

• Use Sentinel/Stoneskin before Hellfire to negate a large portion of the damage

• Use AoE and Column AoE abilities to deal damage to Ifrit as well as Nails in Phase 4

• Clump up and buff in between Phase 3~5 Crimson Cyclone phases

• Utilize the best jobs for the encounter: LNC

• Don't move around too much or stay still too long. Keep that APM up so there won't be a delay when trying to avoid abilities.

• Communication is VITAL. Use Ventrilo/Mumble/Teamspeak and call out when Ifrit is about to use an ability.

UPDATES
_________________________________________________________________________________

- Carraway Author's BG Frontpage Article: http://bluegarter.guildwork.com/forum/t/4e920e96205cb27f490083da-thats-a-pretty-***-good-milkshake?page=1#4e920e96205cb27f490083d9

- Please keep checking back throughout the week! Again, congrats to Scorpion Linkshell for world first kill and thank you to Yoshida and the Development Team for making such an awesome encounter. Keep up the good work!

- We will try and have a full fight Lancer POV video up asap but please be patient because we are still farming this and it will take time to encode and upload to youtube ^^. I will try and have the written guide out later tonight for sure though. Thanks for all the support gaiz.
[+]
By Calemero 2011-10-05 00:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Updated OP
By Murdax194 2011-10-05 00:50:04
Link | Citer | R

we got into fight and all of us R0'd @ same time right at start of fight, think its bugged on our server
By Calemero 2011-10-05 01:09:42
Link | Citer | R

LNC breakdown for our last attempt:

Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-10-05 01:14:48
Link | Citer | R

anyone done the level 25 fight yet? obviously its supposed to be much easier but was curious to what all the differences were
By Calemero 2011-10-05 01:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
anyone done the level 25 fight yet? obviously its supposed to be much easier but was curious to what all the differences were

you have to complete the level 25 one to do hyper mode. it took us literally 2 minutes to beat.
By Calemero 2011-10-05 01:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Updated OP
By MalPal 2011-10-05 01:44:22
Link | Citer | R

what do i do to make all the stuff that eats up my screen smaller? i like the two chat window at bottom!
By MalPal 2011-10-05 01:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Does someone have link to update file i was sleeping but i need it!
All the update prep work >< lol
By Calemero 2011-10-05 01:46:41
Link | Citer | R

MalPal said: »
what do i do to make all the stuff that eats up my screen smaller? i like the two chat window at bottom!

run the game in a higher resolution?
By MalPal 2011-10-05 01:49:05
Link | Citer | R

what resolution do i pick, do i change resolution on pc also or just game i thought they had to match ?
not big on computers mechanics sorry
By Calemero 2011-10-05 01:49:22
Link | Citer | R

I have mine set @ 1920 x 1080
By MalPal 2011-10-05 01:50:08
Link | Citer | R

cool ty um do you have update link?
By MalPal 2011-10-05 02:54:38
Link | Citer | R

i got a dl link thanks for shring!
By ZettaiRyouiki 2011-10-05 07:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Best we did last night (4am this morning lol) was 40%
By Calemero 2011-10-05 07:40:24
Link | Citer | R

ZettaiRyouiki said: »
Best we did last night (4am this morning lol) was 40%

25% and still attempting lol
By Buddhsie 2011-10-05 07:43:53
Link | Citer | R

The only way I see it being beaten is just with plenty of practice and luck dodging those TP attacks. Apart from that the only thing I can suggest is that maybe we're all much weaker than we should be once we get a hold of a few materia, I know I've seen single pieces of materia that give +26 attack power to weapon and hand slots.
By Calemero 2011-10-05 08:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Buddhsie said: »
The only way I see it being beaten is just with plenty of practice and luck dodging those TP attacks. Apart from that the only thing I can suggest is that maybe we're all much weaker than we should be once we get a hold of a few materia, I know I've seen single pieces of materia that give +26 attack power to weapon and hand slots.

go vanilla or go home!
By spliffstar 2011-10-05 08:11:31
Link | Citer | R

How do I get ffxiv parser?
By Corrderio 2011-10-05 08:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Calemero said: »
go vanilla or go home!
Materia is for pussies!

Seriously though, best of luck on this guy. I still need to finish my Lv25 fight.

EDIT: Ever manage to take down one of the nails?
By Calemero 2011-10-05 10:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
EDIT: Ever manage to take down one of the nails?

we've taken down all four.
By Corrderio 2011-10-05 10:16:27
Link | Citer | R

Required to stop Inferno?
By Calemero 2011-10-05 10:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Corrderio Gabbiani said: »
Required to stop Inferno?

that's the theory
By Corrderio 2011-10-05 10:33:23
Link | Citer | R

I see. My shell hasn't got a lot of runs in yet since we're trying to get eople geared for it. Thanks for the info through.
By cookiesmonster 2011-10-05 11:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Calemero said: »
LNC breakdown for our last attempt:

where to get this parser?
By Gonks 2011-10-05 12:01:50
Link | Citer | R

yea I want that parser to =/
By XavierBlade 2011-10-05 13:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Me too
By Calemero 2011-10-05 15:32:41
Link | Citer | R

can't give it out guys :< sorry
By fulgore 2011-10-05 15:33:43
Link | Citer | R

anyone can tell me how to get access ? i just finished the level 25 one and no quest poping or at grand comapny npc > >
By XavierBlade 2011-10-05 15:55:45
Link | Citer | R

That bites bro, pass the cool stuff over. Sharing is caring
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8