Also, garage gyms ftw.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-16 19:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Only 3? I distinctly remember talking about getting in shape with you on KI and that had to be at least 5 years ago now.

... ye gods, I think it really was at least that long, too. When did I blink and it turned into 2014?

Between 3 and 4; I started in 2010

Though I may have talked to you about it on KI I did workout in high school (but it was on and off and I was one of those curls and bench press kids); just let myself go afterward for 4 years and got into the worst shape of my life before starting over again.

So the backknowledge was there from on and off working out 15-18. Then went 18-22 doing absolutely nothing.

From 22 I got my true start, making sure to hit all my body parts, picking up squats, pull ups (and eventually weighted), etc. I started oct at 22, so this upcoming october will be 4 years (I'll be 26 next month)
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-04-16 20:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
That's the behavior I was referring to: the stupid kid attitude of "This will get me laid" instead of giving two damns about using the muscle or even figuring out how to build it correctly.
lol I never understood that mentality. I'd have stopped lifting a long time ago if that were me. I haven't been on a date in over 5 years (and I've only been lifting for 3 lol)
I'm sure it works sometimes. I can't fault anyone for trying to level up in Sex Quest.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-17 12:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Slugman said: »
What was your total test if i may ask?
Came back in upper 600s free testosterone he said was also high. Err
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-17 13:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Asura.Slugman said: »
What was your total test if i may ask?
Came back in upper 600s free testosterone he said was also high. Err
You're gay: of course your testosterone is high.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-18 10:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone here do Full Cleans or Olympic Clean & snatch? Always wanted to learn snatches, but I don't know if my back can handle that weight. I used to do full cleans way back, but stopped for some reason.

Human Flags anyone? I have been trying to get my body fat% down and imrpove my core strength to start holding these. Any tips for anyone who can successfully do these cleanly for 5seconds or more?
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-04-18 11:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does anyone here do Full Cleans or Olympic Clean & snatch? Always wanted to learn snatches, but I don't know if my back can handle that weight. I used to do full cleans way back, but stopped for some reason.
Your snatch should be way lower (like less than half) of your backsquat assuming you're trained in both, so your back should be the least of your concerns for snatches. Snatch is much more power-oriented than reliant upon strength, so the weight is typically much lighter.

The hardest part for people I've worked with has been mobility, since getting into a deep overhead squat can take a lot of work.

Edit: Did you mean clean & jerk?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-18 12:34:51
Link | Citer | R

So I'm headed to the store. And was considering getting a natural test booster or a pro-hormone.

Been looking them over on bodybuilding.com forums. My macros and workout is in check. Are there any good reputable sites where I can read some reviews etc? Thoughts? Is a pro-hormone really going to help me gain more muscle per month or is it just a waste of money.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-18 13:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Your snatch should be way lower (like less than half) of your backsquat assuming you're trained in both, so your back should be the least of your concerns for snatches. Snatch is much more power-oriented than reliant upon strength, so the weight is typically much lighter. The hardest part for people I've worked with has been mobility, since getting into a deep overhead squat can take a lot of work. Edit: Did you mean clean & jerk?

Cleans, and Snatches. The Jerk is just a press, im more concerned with learning the movements on a snatch lift. I've seen it done, and like I said, I can do full cleans, but would like to learn snatches without completely destroying my back/shoulders
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-18 13:53:33
Link | Citer | R

So I'm headed to the store. And was considering getting a natural test booster or a pro-hormone.

Been looking them over on bodybuilding.com forums. My macros and workout is in check. Are there any good reputable sites where I can read some reviews etc? Thoughts? Is a pro-hormone really going to help me gain more muscle per month or is it just a waste of money.

Prohormones are basically steroids so approach them that way if you wanna mess around with them. It's srs bsns though. Can't just take them nonchalantly and you need to go through a whole post cycle therapy with them like steroids.

Edit: If you have Low T issues, the temporary artificial boost in Testosterone you will receive from prohomones can do damage to your actual Testosterone production, Because of the abundance of testosterone while on the cycle your body will shut off or drastically lower your natural production and will remain this way long after you are done taking the prohormone.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-18 15:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
So I'm headed to the store. And was considering getting a natural test booster or a pro-hormone. Been looking them over on bodybuilding.com forums. My macros and workout is in check. Are there any good reputable sites where I can read some reviews etc? Thoughts? Is a pro-hormone really going to help me gain more muscle per month or is it just a waste of money.
Prohormones are basically steroids so approach them that way if you wanna mess around with them. It's srs bsns though. Can't just take them nonchalantly and you need to go through a whole post cycle therapy with them like steroids. Edit: If you have Low T issues, the temporary artificial boost in Testosterone you will receive from prohomones can do damage to your actual Testosterone production, Because of the abundance of testosterone while on the cycle your body will shut off or drastically lower your natural production and will remain this way long after you are done taking the prohormone.

This is some very good information Amandarius. It explains a lot about why those PEDs are so dangerous in the long run.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-04-18 15:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Cleans, and Snatches. The Jerk is just a press, im more concerned with learning the movements on a snatch lift. I've seen it done, and like I said, I can do full cleans, but would like to learn snatches without completely destroying my back/shoulders
Well, your terminology is a bit funky. And the jerk isn't a press, it's a jerk. :) Don't worry about your back for snatches.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-18 16:45:28
Link | Citer | R

@Amandarius. Thanks for info. My test levels are normal. I was leaning more towards the "natural" testosterone boosters that are PH free. Are those crap?
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-18 17:39:58
Link | Citer | R

What exactly are you trying to achieve by diddling with your testosterone, especially when you know that you're normal-to-high naturally? What you wish to do may be better achieved by other methods.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-18 18:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Yes Suji you're right. My terminology is off. I'm confusing the clean and press and the jerk. two different lifts completely. and the jerk is a jerk, correct.

I guess im concerned about my back because i honestly cant do one overhead squat with weight.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-04-19 12:47:00
Link | Citer | R

So I wonder if I could get some advice. I was trying to put together a workout plan to follow each week for when I go to the gym. This is what I came up with, and would like some advice if it is good/bad, or if I should add/remove any exercises.

Leg Day 1 - Trap bar deadlift, back squats, walking lunges, goodmornings, leg curls

Back/Chest Day 1 - Flat bench, weighted pull-ups, dumbbell flat bench, seated rows, flat bench flys, lat pull-downs, shoulder press machine, dumbbell side raises

Arm Day - (Biceps)Dumbbell curls, barbell curls, hammer curls, concentration curls, (Triceps)close grip bench, skullcrushers, pushdowns on the cable machine, dips

Leg day 2 - Sumo deadlift, front squats, rdl's, leg press, back extensions

Back/Chest Day 2 - Decline bench, chin-ups, Incline bench, dumbbell rows, decline flys, horizontal pull-ups, incline flys, dumbbell shoulder press, front shoulder raises

I go 5 days a week, an do it in the order above, taking a day off between arm day and leg day 2, and a day off after back/chest day 2. I'm sure some of that may be redundant, and I may be able to remove some of it, I don't know for sure. I'm still relatively new to lifting.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-04-19 14:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Are you a beginner? This routine is ambitious to say the least.

I would simplify it a lot if you are new to lifting. You will get great results.

For back, I simply do two exercises. Pullups without weight, but I do a lot of them. Bent over barbell rows. Biceps I do not do anything more, anymore, than basic EZ bar curls. I do them high rep after I finish back. High rep here I mean 15 reps a set.

Bench, I would just do it flat and perfect your technique starting light. The only other chest exercise I do besides flat bench are high rep dumbbell flys. There I will go flat, incline and decline. High rep here I mean 20 reps a set. If I want after I will finish off with tricep pushdown, high rep. 12-15 reps per set.

Legs I do one thing, squats. Here I go heavy but also high rep. Don't forget your calves.

Didn't see any mention of your reps, but at the beginning keep it light and get the reps in. Learn the form, learn how to breath, learn the intensity. Don't rush it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-19 15:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
So I wonder if I could get some advice. I was trying to put together a workout plan to follow each week for when I go to the gym. This is what I came up with, and would like some advice if it is good/bad, or if I should add/remove any exercises.

Leg Day 1 - Trap bar deadlift, back squats, walking lunges, goodmornings, leg curls

Back/Chest Day 1 - Flat bench, weighted pull-ups, dumbbell flat bench, seated rows, flat bench flys, lat pull-downs, shoulder press machine, dumbbell side raises

Arm Day - (Biceps)Dumbbell curls, barbell curls, hammer curls, concentration curls, (Triceps)close grip bench, skullcrushers, pushdowns on the cable machine, dips

Leg day 2 - Sumo deadlift, front squats, rdl's, leg press, back extensions

Back/Chest Day 2 - Decline bench, chin-ups, Incline bench, dumbbell rows, decline flys, horizontal pull-ups, incline flys, dumbbell shoulder press, front shoulder raises

I go 5 days a week, an do it in the order above, taking a day off between arm day and leg day 2, and a day off after back/chest day 2. I'm sure some of that may be redundant, and I may be able to remove some of it, I don't know for sure. I'm still relatively new to lifting.

Take into consideration the supporting/associated muscle groups when planning. You have a back/chest day followed by bicep/triceps.

Your biceps are going to get worked on a back day and triceps on a chest day. So essentially you're working your shoulders,biceps,triceps,back, and chest.

You also repeat some exercises/movements in the workout. e.g. you do barbell bench press and dumbbell bench press in the same session, when you could be doing a completely different movement all together. IMO just do one or the other.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-04-19 15:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Going to try 455 today! Woot, wish me luck!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-04-19 17:12:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Are you a beginner? This routine is ambitious to say the least.

I would simplify it a lot if you are new to lifting. You will get great results.

For back, I simply do two exercises. Pullups without weight, but I do a lot of them. Bent over barbell rows. Biceps I do not do anything more, anymore, than basic EZ bar curls. I do them high rep after I finish back. High rep here I mean 15 reps a set.

Bench, I would just do it flat and perfect your technique starting light. The only other chest exercise I do besides flat bench are high rep dumbbell flys. There I will go flat, incline and decline. High rep here I mean 20 reps a set. If I want after I will finish off with tricep pushdown, high rep. 12-15 reps per set.

Legs I do one thing, squats. Here I go heavy but also high rep. Don't forget your calves.

Didn't see any mention of your reps, but at the beginning keep it light and get the reps in. Learn the form, learn how to breath, learn the intensity. Don't rush it.

Well when I said new, I've been going for almost 4 months now, usually 5 days a week. I also spend around 1hr 30m, or a little longer depending on the day. I do calves, just usually at the end, either leg day, so I didn't list them. Same with traps, I do them, just kind of whenever.

Take into consideration the supporting/associated muscle groups when planning. You have a back/chest day followed by bicep/triceps.

Your biceps are going to get worked on a back day and triceps on a chest day. So essentially you're working your shoulders,biceps,triceps,back, and chest.

You also repeat some exercises/movements in the workout. e.g. you do barbell bench press and dumbbell bench press in the same session, when you could be doing a completely different movement all together. IMO just do one or the other.

Well the idea was that we did arms 1 day a week, and on the chest/back days, we still got some arms in there, so it would maybe equal to like 2 days of arms, with only 1 real day of them. And yeah, I guess I'll have to try and condense my 2 chest/back days, and get rid of a few things. Since I joined, I've gotten stronger and a little bit bigger (would be even more bigger if I could gain weigh easier) so I've improved, I would just like to get a good plan that hits everything I should be hitting.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-04-19 17:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Just barely nailed it. Now my shoulders are crackleing, lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-04-19 17:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Less is more at only 5 months in. Take your time, build your foundation. And good things will happen.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 17:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Just barely nailed it. Now my shoulders are crackleing, lol.
a.) Congratulations.

b.) Crackling how? Like the joints or the muscles or what? I'm merely curious.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-04-19 17:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Anytime I go over 405 my shoulder creak some. Does not hurt. But I really bench over 405 just to be safe.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 17:46:15
Link | Citer | R

Right, but what exactly is the creak or crackle or what have you? I don't do super heavy lifting like you and am curious as to how it affecting your flesh.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2014-04-19 17:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Kind sounds like popping your knuckles. But its only for a fews seconds after I rack it and there is no pain. As for where it is located its my right shoulder.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-19 17:59:18
Link | Citer | R

I suspect I know what you mean. Ironically, I suspect my shoulder does the same thing quite without lifting. That's one of the few downsides of a bicycle: even with front shocks, it's hell on the shoulders.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-20 16:36:23
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

GET IT!
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-20 23:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Kind sounds like popping your knuckles. But its only for a fews seconds after I rack it and there is no pain. As for where it is located its my right shoulder.

This started happening to me recently. It only happens towards the end of the week when I do shoulders. I hear this sound. It doesn't cause any pain but was beginning to concern me a bit.

EDIT: Anyone know of a men's multivitamin that has omega-3s and glucosamine? Trying to reduce the number of pills I intake :/

I know Orange Triad has glucosamine in it and Armor V has omega's in it but can't seem to find one that has both.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-21 00:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

GET IT!
lol'd
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 61 62 63