Food: What Are You Making?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Food: What are you making?
Food: What are you making?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-27 22:16:40
Link | Citer | R

I made homemade chicken parmesan sandwiches, and they were nummy as hell.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-28 20:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Spaghetti and meatballs
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-05-28 22:16:33
Link | Citer | R

harvested the first rhubarb of the year from my back yard and put it in my juicer with lots of carrots. tons of vitamin A and K! delicious too!
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-05-29 12:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Terraka said: »

Spaghetti and meatballs
Got a recipe? looks delicious!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-07-25 14:02:04
Link | Citer | R

CURRIED LENTIL AND SPINACH SOUP

Quote:
INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped peeled carrots
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon curry powder (preferably Madras-style)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
9 1/2 cups (or more) water
1 16-ounce bag dried lentils (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
PREPARATION

Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add next 4 ingredients; sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in curry powder, ginger, cumin, bay leaf, and dried crushed red pepper. Add 9 1/2 cups water and dried lentils; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender, adding more water by 1/2 cupfuls to thin soup, if desired, about 25 minutes. Add spinach and cilantro; simmer until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill soup uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm soup over medium heat, thinning with water if desired before serving.)

Ladle soup into bowls. Top each serving with spoonful of yogurt.

Per serving: 537 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 1 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrates, 38 g fiber, 34 g protein

I also added salt and a little lemon juice... gotta have salt
By Ramyrez 2015-07-28 07:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Lots of roasted veggies (veggies of choice, toss in olive oil, salt, pepper, bake at 425 until desired doneness), alongside simple, properly seasoned lean meats (chicken breast, top sirloin, turkey).

Really easy, tasty dinners that are good for you without being part of any particular fad diet, with one or two "tastier" meals (grilled chicken wings, fajitas, steak or chicken philly sandwiches) per week.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [147 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-22 14:53:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm doing crazy science experiments in my kitchen today!

I took a pork tenderloin and sliced it into 2 inch thick steaks and seared each side.

Then placed the seared steaks in the middle of a huge baking pan and lined the outside with potatoes cut in half and topped the steaks with fresh green beans.

Then I covered it all in a lemon/garlic/thyme/cream sauce (sea salt and white pepper to taste).
I made a basic roux from the steak drippings/butter as thickener, and heavy cream/milk.

Last I sprinkled slivered onion over everything and popped it in the oven where it is now cooking.

I think this is going to be really yummy!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-12-22 15:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »

I took a pork tenderloin and sliced it into 2 inch thick steaks and seared each side.

Then placed the seared steaks in the middle of a huge baking pan and lined the outside with potatoes cut in half and topped the steaks with fresh green beans.

Then I covered it all in a lemon/garlic/thyme/cream sauce (sea salt and white pepper to taste).
I made a basic roux from the steak drippings/butter as thickener, and heavy cream/milk.

Last I sprinkled slivered onion over everything and popped it in the oven where it is now cooking.

Sounds good but I think by the time your steak is ready your beans will have lost their colour and taste, I'd prepare them seperately. I would pass on the milk or cream since that will result in a heavy sauce....why not some port? thats how we make simple sauce, the searing grease, add some sjalots, roux, some water and port (specially with pork I think the sweetness of port and sjalots works very well). I suppose its how you prefer a sauce, I like light sauces, i need to think of my slender body :D
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-22 15:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »

Sounds good but I think by the time your steak is ready your beans will have lost their colour and taste, I'd prepare them seperately. I would pass on the milk or cream since that will result in a heavy sauce....why not some port? thats how we make simple sauce, the searing grease, add some sjalots, roux, some water and port (specially with pork I think the sweetness of port and sjalots works very well). I suppose its how you prefer a sauce, I like light sauces, i need to think of my slender body :D
Awesome!
I really like those ideas and will have to try that.
I made the sauce heavy because I'm cooking for family and they like that sort of thing lol :/
Which kind of port do you use?
The only wine i have right now is Chardonnay...

EDIT:
I just turned off the oven so the beans don't over cook, the potatoes should finish with the heat left, and the steaks are hopefully going to be done, everything was boiling like liquid hot magma, the beans don't look murdered completely yet but that is only because I just stopped the cooking after you said that.
I'm going to fish out the beans here after it cools a bit and then cook the rest a little longer.
Thanks! :)

UPDATE:
I got the green beans out just in time.
Thanks so much for that info because any more cooking would have ruined them! lol

Adding some more onion for the remaining cook time since I don't have any shallots and I love that sweetness that onions/shallots give.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-22 16:40:10
Link | Citer | R

A winter soup.

Beef bones, onions, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, rutabaga, potatoes, assorted herbs, black peppercorns.

I do a lot of soups and stews in the winter often with those root veggies.

Venison stew tomorrow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-22 16:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Hamburger Helper.

Stroganoff, I think.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2015-12-22 18:41:06
Link | Citer | R

I found a recipe in one of those old community cookbooks called "El Salvador Chicken and Rice" and gave that a shot tonight. Not going to lie, it's pretty bland. If any of you try it, I highly recommend adding some spices. Something with some kick would be great, but even just salt and pepper would help this dish out quite a bit. Here goes:

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (save yourself the trouble and just shred it in a Kitchenaid, honestly)
2 cups uncooked rice
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
2 carrots, grated
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Use a dutch oven for this, if you have one.

Brown the rice in oil. Add the pepper, onion, and garlic, and saute. Add the chicken and chicken broth and simmer until the rice is done (took mine about 20 minutes.) Add the carrots, tomatoes, and cheese. Mix and heat through. (I used more than 1 cup of cheese, because cheese.)

It's not bad, just bland. You can always salt/pepper/spice it to taste when it's done, but if I make it again, I'll add at least salt and pepper during the cooking.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-22 18:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a chilli pepper would be nice and MOAR GARLIC, because GARLIC ;)
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-22 19:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Food's done!

green beans, pork tenderloin steak, potato, various vegetable sauteed in butter and black pepper. and the sauce is under the potato/meat.

Much of the lemon, garlic, and thyme taste seems to have cooked out of it though.
Next time I will do some modifications to remedy this lol
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-23 19:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Chanti's venison stew:

I rendered pork fat, dredged the venison in flour with garlic powder and paprika, browned it, ran out of pork fat added olive oil. (For those who haven't cooked with game, venison is deficient in fat as is horse meat and needs added fat.)

Removed the venison, sauteed onion, celery, and garlic till the onions were limp. Put the venison back in, added water to cover (I don't keep red wine in the house otherwise that would have been added.)

Added Italian seasoning (mostly oregano and thyme), bay leaf, and this wonderful smoked Spanish paprika I have.

In half an hour I will add carrots and parsnips then give it 45 minuets to an hour more.

We will steam potatoes to go with.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-01 19:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Cooked turkey bones/skin/gristle for 4 days long to make some awesome bone broth.

Strained the broth.

Added very small potatoes (whole), carrots, Onions, celery, turkey meat, rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, and lastly a basic roux to thicken this into a delicious stew. Yum!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Marthastewert
By Valefor.Marthastewert 2016-01-20 14:39:45
Link | Citer | R

I microwaved one of these and ate it plain out of the package with skin and everything like some kind of potatoey burrito handheld thing. I had no idea sweet potatoes are so delicious when they haven't been ruined with marshmallows...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 15:00:54
Link | Citer | R

roasting chicken and brussel sprouts tonight, I think, as long as I don't run out of time between the gym and events.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-01-20 15:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Sweet potatoes are amazing. Try cutting them up into bite sized squares then baking them with drizzled oil and herbs of your choice.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-01-21 19:45:45
Link | Citer | R

I made Cashew Chicken for dinner tonight. I found the recipe on Once Upon A Chef. I haven't tried many of her recipes, but all the ones I have tried have been really good. Anyways!

You will need:

3/4 cup unsalted cashews (or however many you want, nobody's judging)
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (or just two breasts, because ain't nobody got time to measure that)
salt
pepper
vegetable oil
a few garlic cloves, minced with a press
A bunch of scallions, cut into pieces, greens and whites separated
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
4 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp sesame oil
rice (optional)

Start your rice cooking, if you are making it.

Put the cashews in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Set them aside to cool.

Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet until very hot. Cook the chicken, garlic, and the white parts of the scallions until the chicken is cooked.

(If you have a wussy little skillet, you might have to do the chicken in two batches to ensure even cooking. If you do two batches, add the garlic and scallion whites to the second batch, then put the two batches together before the rice vinegar.)

Add the rice vinegar, cook until evaporated.

Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and water. Cook a few minutes more. Remove from heat, stir in the scallion greens, cashews, and sesame oil.

Serve hot, over rice if you like.

**I have edited the recipe very slightly for my own convenience because I am lazy and despicable.**
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-01-24 18:21:46
Link | Citer | R

I tried another online recipe tonight, pizza waffles. It's easily changeable to suit your own tastes by putting whatever toppings you like on it, as long as it stays reasonably thin. Check it out:

http://lifehacker.com/pizza-waffles-taste-as-good-as-they-look-1753776013

It's tasty and I'd definitely make it again, but I would adjust one thing. Instead of making the dough as large as the iron and then trimming the excess, I would make the pizza smaller than the iron and have it only in the center. It just doesn't cook evenly if it's full-sized, and the dough that was in the back is browned and crispy while the dough that is in the front is still chewy and not quite done.

That's the only amendment I'd make though. It's quite quick, easy, and tasty!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-24 19:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Pot roast.

We got this huge thick slab of beef, over 3", perhaps 100cm thick. It wasn't really thawed when I browned it. Of course I salted and peppered it first.

After browning I sauteed an onion and some celery then put the roast back in. Added water. I really have to get a box of burgundy. Added Italian seasoning (marjoram, thyme,rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil), garlic powder, and poured myself some tequila.

After 1 1/4 - 2 hours I will add carrots and parsnips and check the seasoning, 40 minuets later potatoes.

I should mention I am doing this in a cast iron pot, stovetop, and I so hope the pot can hold the veggies I plan to add.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-02-01 19:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Tried my hand at chicken cordon bleu tonight. LOL, what a mess. This is after I cut a huge bubble of dough away from it, too!

I'll, uh, try again some other time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2016-02-01 20:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
A for effort Liela

Thanks lol. Strawberry cheesecake for you, for being sweet!

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kyogi
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2016-03-20 14:39:41
Link | Citer | R

There's no official name so I dub it the Mexican Salad, the only Salad I can stand.

It has:
Sliced cucumbers
Alaskan Crab
Salad Shrimp
Jalapenos
lemon Juice
Chili Limon salt
Pico De gallo
Habanero Hot Sauce

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8