Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Signature generator
FFXIV Signature generator
First Page 2
By Usun 2011-02-09 14:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Hi there,

I speak on behalf of ff14sp, a Spanish FFXIV community.

We created a signature generator, which you can find here: http://ff14sp.com/ffxiv-signature-generator/

It auto-updates every 24 hours, you just have to create it once and copy the url. The size of the signature is pretty big right now, we plan to make smaller presets.

Nombre = Name
Apellido = Last Name

You can write down your LS name if you like, choose the server and the signature style, then hit "enviar" to make it.

We made it for fun, hope you like it !

Important update.

We jumped from 200 sigs to 1000 in a few days, and keeps growing with the release of the official forums. This means tons of resources to update all the sigs...

Now, you can only have 1 signature at a time auto-updated on our server. For instance, if you are using style 1, and you create a new signature using style 2, style 1 signature will be automatically deleted.
By GroundZero 2011-02-09 15:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Vvery nicely done but why every 24 hours? the signature is made with GD Library (PHP) I suppose?

That means you can real-time fetch the information from the Lodestone website. In other words, if the user gets +100XP the lodestone website is updated. The same microsecond the info is updated on the Lodestone website, it will also be updated on the signature.

Anyways, very nice done! always good to see a person (or community) making a contribution to us FFXIV players!

Thank you very much for this! Keep up the good work! <3
[+]
By Altansar 2011-02-09 15:29:02
Link | Citer | R

The fact that the update is 24h, it's just a matter of server load, maybe in a future, we can lower the update times. And yes, it's made using GDL.
By GroundZero 2011-02-09 15:43:12
Link | Citer | R

ohh kk I see for server load ^_^
with a good preg_match script when you fetch the data from lodestone the server load isnt that high or is it? (no clue didnt try it my self so just asking out of interest) but I love the signature very nice :D

You guys going to support more different backgrounds to? <3
By Laughlyn 2011-02-09 15:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Smexy, shitty font. other than that spanktastic!
By Suterusu 2011-02-09 17:02:02
Link | Citer | R

the sigs are *** huge, a lot larger than some sites allow for sigs.

there is a lot of blank space and the font is hard to read
[+]
By Usun 2011-02-09 17:16:56
Link | Citer | R

GroundZero said:
You guys going to support more different backgrounds to? <3

Suterusu said:
the sigs are *** huge, a lot larger than some sites allow for sigs.

there is a lot of blank space and the font is hard to read

We're going to make new styles soon, smaller in size of course.
By GroundZero 2011-02-09 17:24:21
Link | Citer | R

120kb is large? its pritty nice done if you know what they have to go through to get "your" account information lol :)

Most forums offer "link to a image" option which means you can use a free host to host your image and -or can use a website which makes the signature for you and you can just link ^^

Anyways like said before, nice job guys very nicely done :D

Keep up the good work!
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-09 17:38:07
Link | Citer | R

GroundZero said:
Vvery nicely done but why every 24 hours? the signature is made with GD Library (PHP) I suppose?

That means you can real-time fetch the information from the Lodestone website. In other words, if the user gets +100XP the lodestone website is updated. The same microsecond the info is updated on the Lodestone website, it will also be updated on the signature.

Updating in real time isn't realistic. It will need to be cached and updated periodically. Otherwise you will run into three problems: The server load required to generate many images concurrently with GD. The time it takes to communicate with lodestone's website (milliseconds). And my favorite, SE will start to ban your IPs. Trust me, I'm a CEO and I P H Da ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-09 19:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said:
GroundZero said:

Updating in real time isn't realistic. It will need to be cached and updated periodically. Otherwise you will run into three problems: The server load required to generate many images concurrently with GD. The time it takes to communicate with lodestone's website (milliseconds). And my favorite, SE will start to ban your IPs. Trust me, I'm a CEO and I P H Da ***.

lmao
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-09 20:34:50
Link | Citer | R

You know you're a total retard when you even get trolled by the big boss man. GJ Scragg.
By GroundZero 2011-02-09 22:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:

lmao

What lmao?... Is he your sugar daddy? is it a standard rule here "What Scragg's says is always right and period?" up yours then lol, no one knows everything perfect CEO, employee, or what so ever.

@ Scragg...

Perhaps some people need to improve their programming... do it right and you wont notice a long(er) loading time, so many things you can do to reduce loading times with the correct programming. Your right on the server load, but what the hell... now a days u get 500GB data for 15 euro's (and no, that aint shitty hosts, at least not in my country). My FFXI linkshell (which I retired 13 months ago) had a shitload of users, dont know exact but aprocimately out of my head two full linkshells (was social to) and around 80% of them used our GD signatures on our forums which were realtime... you didnt notice any load time increasement not even when 8 people had their signature up and running.

On the "ban" thing I dont know, when it comes to that your the master indeed lol, guess you know most of everyone about that. But why would they toss the ban hammer on you if I may ask? for crawling their website or something?
[+]
By jdcho99 2011-02-10 14:17:41
Link | Citer | R

i dont want people to see my F'd up point allotment from constant reallocating for HQing materials and gears and doing NM's XD
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-10 14:19:35
Link | Citer | R

I cant read a *** thing its saying.
By Eclipse 2011-02-10 15:28:00
Link | Citer | R

This is brilliant thank you!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-10 22:28:02
Link | Citer | R

GroundZero said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:

stuff
lmao

What lmao?... Is he your sugar daddy? is it a standard rule here "What Scragg's says is always right and period?" up yours then lol, no one knows everything perfect CEO, employee, or what so ever.

@ Scragg...

Perhaps some people need to improve their programming... do it right and you wont notice a long(er) loading time, so many things you can do to reduce loading times with the correct programming. Your right on the server load, but what the hell... now a days u get 500GB data for 15 euro's (and no, that aint shitty hosts, at least not in my country). My FFXI linkshell (which I retired 13 months ago) had a shitload of users, dont know exact but aprocimately out of my head two full linkshells (was social to) and around 80% of them used our GD signatures on our forums which were realtime... you didnt notice any load time increasement not even when 8 people had their signature up and running.

On the "ban" thing I dont know, when it comes to that your the master indeed lol, guess you know most of everyone about that. But why would they toss the ban hammer on you if I may ask? for crawling their website or something?
Woah man, settle down. Drink less Hatorade. "PH Da ***" is taking the piss out of a FFXIAH forum member who was quite possible the most up-himself person on the planet. He used to brag about the lamest ***, get sent to GM gaol more than anyone I've heard of, bought shitty accounts like candy then bragged about his bought characters, and, best of all, posted pics of himself with his samurai sword, or topless flexing his muscles with the words "PH Da ***" on it. He was the source of many, many lols.

As for the rest of your post, you're comparing a private website with a couple dozen members to FFXIAH, which has thousands of members. Need I say more?

As for IP banning, yes, Scragg had several of his IPs banned by SE for trying to collect data from lodestone for member data for this (FFXIVpro) website.
By Usun 2011-02-11 10:28:25
Link | Citer | R

New style added after reading your opinions.

- Smaller in size.
- Doesn't show your point allotment.
- New font, can you read it...?

The BG will change depending on your starting city.

We're working on a feature that will allow you to choose which classes and / or stats you want to show. May take a while though, currently focusing on the LS control panel / dkp system integrated on our VB forum.
[+]
By sefirot 2011-02-11 10:41:36
Link | Citer | R

is there any way to upload a pic instead of lodestone one and still be able to pull up their info?
By Altansar 2011-02-11 10:51:01
Link | Citer | R

We're currently, focusing on developing the DKP system for our LS, and integrate it on vBulletin system, but it's possible to do that, we will think about your idea for the next major update of the system (when we add the custom class display).
By sefirot 2011-02-11 10:53:17
Link | Citer | R

dale tipo gracias ^^ seria algo diferent ya que todos los sig gens usan la misma mierda de foto esa. haha
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-11 11:16:59
Link | Citer | R

From a design stand-point, they're a lot better, really nice. Only two things I'll say though, is perhaps nudge the image up about 5 pixels, just seems a little off-balance, and the Ul'Dah one is a tiny but hard to read. It's probably not an issue, as you can read it, but the letters don't stand out much.

There are three good ways to solve that (tiny, irrelevant) issue:
*make the back-ground darker, especially the white fade on the lower right
*make the text black rather than white
*give the text a black or dark coloured shadow. No idea how easy or difficult that might be in this setting, but for photoshop, I find the best result for that sort of thing is to set a drop-shadow with 0 distance, but blur it to ***.

</2cents>
By Eclipse 2011-02-11 12:36:44
Link | Citer | R

See I think Ul'dah is just fine, but Gridania is a bit hard on the eyes the yellow on off white is .

If you don't change the text perhaps add an emboss effect for the shading to make them pop more but if the text was black I wouldn't be able to read it. This is personal preference.

If they are using the same system for placing text over blank buttons you cannot have pretty text effects, or so I was told. It depends on what they are using.

Anyway you know i love the first as well Usun. Thank you!
By Usun 2011-02-11 12:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, we can't add any kind of fancy style to the text, we will tweak the backgrounds and the font color a bit.
By Altansar 2011-02-11 13:32:09
Link | Citer | R

We updated the font on the first style, hope you guys, can read better now.
By Eclipse 2011-02-11 15:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Brilliant, thank you! Looks very nice and clean!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-11 20:55:33
Link | Citer | R

The new text in the original is waaaay better.

Also, I was talking about the yellow one, thought that was Ul'Dah, my bad.
 Fairy.Charitey
Serveur: Fairy
user: Charitey
By Fairy.Charitey 2011-02-12 16:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Your icon for botanist and fishing are mixed up on the 3 "smaller" signatures.

I am not 22 botanist, but I am 22 fishing, the icons are backwards.
By Usun 2011-02-12 17:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Charitey said:
Your icon for botanist and fishing are mixed up on the 3 "smaller" signatures.

I am not 22 botanist, but I am 22 fishing, the icons are backwards.

Ouch, thanks, we just changed the icons.
By joshuasturner21 2011-03-03 15:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Having a problem where its giving me the incorrect character Usun. My name is Abby Cadabby and its giving me Abbi Cadabby(My 2nd char) and just spelling it with a Y. Won't bring up my main char at all though.
First Page 2