League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 561 562 563 ... 577 578 579
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-15 10:39:49
Link | Citer | R

I play mostly Bot matches and ARAMs to avoid those kinds of people. When I do play with random people I never look at the chat box anyhow lol.

Siren.Mosin said: »
in LoL all I get is "WTF UZEAL YOU *** YOU KILLED THE SMALL ONES WTF WTF WTF" meanwhile I don't know the first thing about jungle'ing or how I even screwed this guy, so where does that leave me?

What situation was it that happened for them to say that anyhow? lol

Guessing you weren't the jungle you went to leash and ended up killing the little guys?

If so when the Jungler asks for help at the beginning it's called Leashing and if you are in the lanes near him you are supposed to help him get the large monster (Blue Golem or Red Lizard) to about 2/3rd health then go back to your lane.
By volkom 2014-08-15 10:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah...

I guess its just a completely different mentality towards things.
For example. in MMOs when someone' who sucks/does poorly and the group complains and tries to get them to do stuff, that person normally listens because as a group, they're all going for the same objective (be it clearing the dungeon, killing the boss etc...)
But in FPS its not necessarily true. Some people just want to kill as much people as possible, show off a good kda, win, jerk around etc.
Same thing can be said in LoL. I myself like to do stupid stuff and try things out, only go for kills or go all serious mode and try to get a victory.

The way the game is designed and how rules are enforced pretty much make it unenjoyable if you think about it. The learning curve is massive, the community is toxic beyond belief and when it comes down to it, you either come out with a win, or you feel like you wasted 20+ minutes
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-15 10:43:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
What situation was it that happened for them to say that anyhow? lol

Guessing you weren't the jungle you went to leash and ended up killing the little guys?

If so when the Jungler asks for help at the beginning it's called Leashing and if you are in the lanes near him you are supposed to help him get the large monster (Blue Golem or Red Lizard) to about 2/3rd health then go back to your lane.

yeah lol, you're spot on.

I made it a point to bring this up in-game, & a guy who wasn't such a *** playing top explained what you just did to me.

the jungler just fumed, called me names, & 'wondered how in the *** I was lvl 26'

hahahaha

I shouldn't have gotten into it with him though, ruined that game for me.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-15 10:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Happens to everyone at one point or another lol

volkom said: »
in MMOs when someone' who sucks/does poorly and the group complains and tries to get them to do stuff, that person normally listens because as a group, they're all going for the same objective (be it clearing the dungeon, killing the boss etc...)
Cept in WoW then they rant overpull and leave while you end up getting killed by the train they pulled.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-08-15 11:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Best thing they can do is to permanently disable all chat.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-15 11:08:17
Link | Citer | R

I can't wait for the Tribunal to get back. Can ban more toxic players.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-08-15 16:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Best thing they can do is to permanently disable all chat.

Most times people are being toxic in party chat, so that wouldn't help, disabling completely all communication would be a nuisance to teamwork.

well permanently disable all chat will instantly get rid of 5 possible toxic players from talking to you.
Now you're only dealing with 4. Hopefully 1-2 of them are level headed enough/care about the winning that they can work together with you so that you can carry at least. From pretty much a soloQ perspective, teams don't carry themselves to a win, its usually 2 people who by chance are coordinated enough to take advantage of situations to turn them around. the remaining 3 people on the team are wild cards. they either follow and help out or are completely useless
By volkom 2014-08-17 11:35:40
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-17 11:50:58
Link | Citer | R

OK How the hell did he rotate that camera?!
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-08-17 11:54:20
Link | Citer | R

That was taken in Spectator Mode. It allows for all kinds of neat angles, I remember.
By volkom 2014-08-17 13:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Man...this is soo weird. About 90% of my games I played so far this weekend, hardly anyone talks.
Its like everyone's scared of getting banned for saying/doing something or lots of chat restrictions
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-08-17 13:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Man...this is soo weird. About 90% of my games I played so far this weekend,

Every game I've had this weekend has been typical angry teen/bawww :/
 Fenrir.Tsuji
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2014-08-17 14:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to hear about the report issue Volky. Hope it goes better for you in the future!

I wanna throw in my two cents as to why I think this community is toxic. Its because the players often have this extremely false idea of themselves in the game. They believe that they are like Zeus, the Thunder God. They think that they are amazing at the game, and often blame "shitty team mates" for bringing them down and not being able to play the top of their game (AKA MID ONLY TOP ONLY ADC ONLY etc).

They sincerely believe that they, with a bit of work, are the dudes who are next in line for an interview to be a sub on a big team like TSM. They just want to imitate the pros. They genuinely have this attitude. So when things don't go their way, they rage and troll. I mean, come on, how often do you see in soloqueue the spam for "mid" or "top" or "adc"? And often they purposefully play bad (not all of them now mind) and rage when they don't get what they want...

That's why I think the game is so toxic. They all want to be pros. They want to live the dream, be Diamond and be someone significant in a game that takes a bit of skill. That's why they are toxic.
By volkom 2014-08-17 14:33:34
Link | Citer | R

I'll say the community is toxic. Probably the most toxic community I've encountered. However I think its because of the chat system and how people naturally express themselves in given situations.
People mainly play games to have fun.

When you watch a streamer and they're complaining because someone did something dumb or whatever is that considered harassment or just venting frustration? But if what he/she said was put into text into the game, then is considered harassment or venting frustration?

Most of the online games (mainly fps) people either talk on a mic, type in chat or use w/e voiced commands are available. Normally when someone complains on the mic and it gets out of hand, people just mute him or tell them to shutup. No one really cares what's typed out in chat ~ basically no one cares what's being said. Why is this game the only game that seems to have some high level code of conduct in what could be considered a decently high stressed gaming environment?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-17 15:06:21
Link | Citer | R

I'll agree with you there. I know there's the occasional *** in XI that messes with people on a server, but people work around them and it doesn't seem like a huge issue. In some of the fps games I play, yeah there's the 11 year old whiny kids or the guys who don't shutup or are just rude but honestly its never on levels like league is (AND THERE ISN'T EVEN VOICE CHAT!)

From what I heard/read even the Rioters are kinda douchey.
Guess this is what you get from a f2p game though =/
Well, the thing is, Rito employees are not "forced" to behave properly when they play publicly (whether they play with their company account on internet or attend LAN events).

I remember playing with a Rito guy who played Jungle Pantheon when it was spammed in LCS and he literally insulted both the whole enemy team and half of our own team. He probably got 9 reports, but the account in itself is immune anyway.

Some guy said something smart not long ago (forgot where I've read that): there is no reason to have all chat activated.
It's true, you have 0 need for the opponent's words. Also, it is a very bad idea to request people to be reported in all chat. First the enemy team doesn't care, you're just being loud and annoying, second they aren't aware of the situation and blind reporting isn't a good idea in general.
You can always talk in post game chat, just not mid-game.

As for the team mate chat, well, now when you mute people they're unmuted at the end of the game which I find convenient. I usually ignore people but if I feel I'm about to burn someone, I simply open the scoreboard and click on EVERYONE's mute icon. Then I simply listen to my music with a smile on my face.

The game will honestly not get better, despite whatever Lyte and his pawns do. This is a 5v5 game that offers 0 escape in the case of being harassed or grieved. It offers no protection, in fact, it pushes you toward being harassed and abused in general. The game doesn't have any filter or check in order to separate people into groups that could actually get along. The game punishes you for answering an abuse (afk, arguing, reporting too much/wrongly etc) and the game forces your experience and overall worth to be mostly dictated by the random other 4 people you get every single match.

There are 2 ways to see this game as Heaven: Bronze V, you give no ***and go full AD Vladimir and kill people effortlessly, laugh is had, fun everywhere. Challenger, you destroy people so easily that a loss doesn't matter, you'll keep having fun and you'll play for some team that be laughed at on the official stream.

That's for solo queue only, obviously, playing normals/ARAM/whatever with friends is probably the best thing to do anyway.

Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
Sorry to hear about the report issue Volky. Hope it goes better for you in the future!

I wanna throw in my two cents as to why I think this community is toxic. Its because the players often have this extremely false idea of themselves in the game. They believe that they are like Zeus, the Thunder God. They think that they are amazing at the game, and often blame "shitty team mates" for bringing them down and not being able to play the top of their game (AKA MID ONLY TOP ONLY ADC ONLY etc).

They sincerely believe that they, with a bit of work, are the dudes who are next in line for an interview to be a sub on a big team like TSM. They just want to imitate the pros. They genuinely have this attitude. So when things don't go their way, they rage and troll. I mean, come on, how often do you see in soloqueue the spam for "mid" or "top" or "adc"? And often they purposefully play bad (not all of them now mind) and rage when they don't get what they want...

That's why I think the game is so toxic. They all want to be pros. They want to live the dream, be Diamond and be someone significant in a game that takes a bit of skill. That's why they are toxic.
They are toxic because of their delusional attitude, yes. But also because at some point they aren't 16 anymore and they understand that they are actually not worth much in the grand scheme of things. Some people will become pretty chill and find other goals within the game to achieve and have fun, some people will turn into angry shitters.

I started to really enjoy solo queue the day I started to not give a ***about what role I was playing. I'd just get whatever and that's it. As I've said many times, the key to enjoy this game is to not care anymore. Not only will you get better as a player but you also won't get mad. When I play with friends, they always get mad as ***, one of them even rage quits EVERY *** GAME whether we win or lose. And then I'm here, explaining that I don't care and I just pressed "Play Again" and I'd like for them to accept the invite asap. It's all about playing, no stress.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-17 15:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Eh, I can't play with someone who rage quits. I'm pretty mellow all-in-all, but rage quitting with your friends in the game is insulting, in my opinion.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-19 17:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Tried baiting in the forums to see what the general consensus is on what is the bare minimum that you should report for...
Basically seems like can report for anything that offends you, even if its stupid and trivial.

basically why the system is broken
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-08-19 19:05:35
Link | Citer | R

You baited it pretty good, all that mad that is resonating from them kinda russels my jimmies a bit, lawdy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-19 19:44:22
Link | Citer | R

I'd probably report you too if I didn't know you and you were spamming taunt/laugh. ***gets annoying real quick.

Or I'll stomp you in lane and call you a ***, like I did to a Tryn who spammed laugh after I bullied him away from CS. It's kinda hard to get me aggro but flagrant disrespect will do it.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-19 23:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Minefield said: »
You baited it pretty good, all that mad that is resonating from them kinda russels my jimmies a bit, lawdy.

a lot of mad. a lot of toxicity.
These are the people who play LoL and report others because they themselves aren't "thick skinned" when the same crap happens to them. Report system is stupid.

imo should only reserve banning/suspension when cheating occurs. There's ingame tools for the player who to put an end to the harassment they're taking.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-08-19 23:40:44
Link | Citer | R

if you ever play with a rioter and he talks ***during the game SS it and send it over to Lyte or somebody above him, he will get penalized, they do not tolerate that kind of behavior.

I met one rioter in a game and he friended me, still talk to him from time to time (Wrekz, the guy who made braum)
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2014-08-20 00:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Anytime I think of playing LoL again I just have to look back at the player base and my urge to play leaves pretty fast.

(Before people jump at me, no, I'm not talking about you guys)
By volkom 2014-08-20 09:32:00
Link | Citer | R

tell me if you think this seems right~ and if you like it. make a comment lol. maybe we can get a rioter to post in the thread

report system is flawed
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-20 09:36:00
Link | Citer | R

that stupid game wouldn't let a friend & I play it last night. been having issues logging in, in addition to getting booted after the game & not getting to see our stats. It sucked.

any others in NA having issues?
By volkom 2014-08-20 09:38:52
Link | Citer | R

didn't play last night~ but they have crappy servers atm.
they recently downgraded their systems b/c the ones they had before were too vulnerable iirc
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-20 09:42:33
Link | Citer | R

didn't play last night~ but they have crappy servers atm.
they recently downgraded their systems b/c the ones they had before were too vulnerable iirc

It's pretty bad. we got one game in, then couldn't log in period for an hour or so before we gave up. I would blame it on my isp, but we use different ones & live on opposite sides of town, so I figure it was server side.

I guess back to working on our minecraft town for a bit.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2014-08-21 01:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
Morgana is horribly OP at the minute, easily the most annoying support to go against and she's good mid too. Always my first ban in ranked ._.
Shes not OP at the "minute" technically. Shes been this way since launch. She was highly banned in season 2 for half the same reasons shes annoying now. Her shield and while not for the Q bind, but for the ridiculous team fight winning ult she had that could turn the tides around in a team fight. Mind you now that shes moved to support her bind is quite annoying, her ult to some extend but no where near that of a mid morgana, since she doesnt have the items to pull it off effectively without RoA/Hourglass or atleast an hourglass but still strong for a peel or with a gank.

Her power is being felt so much "now" at bottom because of the wide champ pool for supports now. Going back to season 1 and 2 you only had like: taric(stun, zzz), janna(tornado/slow, zzz) soraka( lol, zzz), sona(zzz, crescendo but if it caught you too....) nothing really to even write home about for "needing" a spell shield. Now, for some you would want: alistar, leona, nunu, lulu, and zilean(because we all hate his bombs..)..potentially kayle at the time.

Now with season 3 and 4 so many new support champs came out along with a lot of different champs coming to see the bot lane. Burst cc support like champs like annie and zyra come to mind, where they were already strong in mid but as supports can be quite bursty along with annoying hard cc.

I personally dont think shes broken OP. As volk said her laning is pretty meh, she brings a lot with her spell shield and imo is really the only thing crucial to her kit for bot lane, but even so that shield can only be put on one champ and doesnt mitigate any damage from A.A from the ADC.

I guess as a morgana player I know her weaknesses and know how to avoid most of her harass and already know about that annoying false hit box on her Q to even care about it as another support, its avoidable like a blitz hook. On adc though, idk why, its like a doom bot morg, the bind goes the opposite direction and ill still get snared.......sigh.

Idk this is starting to turn out to be a rant now that I see it ._. sorry. I just hate it when people say "oh this champ is OP or this champ is broken" when nothings changed with said champ. Theres a lot of examples..

Kassadin
Ziggs
Annie
Renekton
Twitch

Ive played those champs for many years and always heard bad things about them, come season 3 all seen at LCS/Worlds. Just goes to show with 100+ champs out there, 90% of them can be really strong in the right hands/comp.

I think the most scariest thing though is those players who only play 1-2 champs. Like a guy who plays only riven and has 500+ games played on that champ alone but is low rank (silver/gold). Cuz then its like yeah the guy is ranked low but skill wise he's probably a high plat/diamond because he basically overmastered the champ.
So much this^ Ive played over 200 games on kass and renekton and have no qualms in any match up and Ive played many plat players with them and won my lanes going against counters.

Right now I feel Chogath is really OP and underrated.
First Page 2 3 ... 561 562 563 ... 577 578 579