SMN burning frustration
 Sylph.Bazinga
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Failcard
By Sylph.Bazinga 2010-08-02 13:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
SMN burn pretty much died with abyssea. I just wish that ppl that have no clue about how abyssea works would stop making pick up runs. Really annoying wasting stones & time on a 60-90 minute run because some ppl dont know how to do it right.

It's not always the people who make the pick up runs who don't know how to do it. If you get one or two people who are not listening then they can mess up the run too. I can usually stay in the place for hours on end, but get one or two people at the start that mess up the kills to build up lights then they can mess it up.

[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-08-02 13:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Bazinga said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
SMN burn pretty much died with abyssea. I just wish that ppl that have no clue about how abyssea works would stop making pick up runs. Really annoying wasting stones & time on a 60-90 minute run because some ppl dont know how to do it right.

It's not always the people who make the pick up runs who don't know how to do it. If you get one or two people who are not listening then they can mess up the run too. I can usually stay in the place for hours on end, but get one or two people at the start that mess up the kills to build up lights then they can mess it up.

How are people meant to learn how Abyssea works without learning. How did the first people figure out how it worked?

If you`re in a group that isn`t as clued up on Abyssea as you, offer advice, teach each other.
[+]
By cervelo84 2010-08-02 13:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Im so off-topic, im trying to stay within the realms but im getting so excited!

Do you think its worth getting sea with a new character or is it better to skip it?

Abyssea is easy to get or a fairly tough quest?

I want to play summoner so this forum is very interesting.
[+]
 Sylph.Bazinga
By Sylph.Bazinga 2010-08-02 13:20:21
Link | Citer | R

It's not the new people it's the people who think that all zones work the same for all mobs so they do it their way and they keep doing it that way. When I make runs you get a couple of warnings and if you still dont listen you get booted.

Sylph.Bazinga
By Sylph.Bazinga 2010-08-02 13:21:27
Link | Citer | R

You can Solo CoP with a 75 job up to chapter 6 I think. Abyssea just have to buy expansion.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-02 13:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
Sylph.Bazinga said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

How are people meant to learn how Abyssea works without learning. How did the first people figure out how it worked?

If you`re in a group that isn`t as clued up on Abyssea as you, offer advice, teach each other.

What about people who refuse to learn?
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-08-02 13:27:16
Link | Citer | R

I did it before level sync came out and I did it cause I liked the job *shock I know* so I don't care that there is an 'easier' way to do it

cause I mean I thought this game was a jouney to get to 75 and then 80, not to do it as fast as possible. I mean if you want to max out your crap in a weekend go play WoW, seriously.

Also sure some SMN burn SMNs might know things, but a VAST Majority don't. I had a SMN/NIN *that was in a party mind you doing the final Zilart fight* wearing Errant Gear and a Walmart Turbin telling me that the max Hastega time was 1:30 and he was calling me stupid when I said he had no idea what he was talking about

Also don't even get me started about how futile it was telling him that /NIN was pointless for a boss fight where if he's going to get hit by ANYTHING, it will be a Ga spell
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-08-02 13:28:57
Link | Citer | R

If you can see that someone is refusing to learn from someone that knows about it, you don't have to stay in that alliance, you have a choice. It does`nt take long to work out if someone knows how abyssea works or not.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-02 13:41:34
Link | Citer | R

cervelo84 said:

Do you think its worth getting sea with a new character or is it better to skip it?

Rajas alone makes it worth getting Sea (if you're going to level a melee job) and a few of the drops there are still relevant. Getting Abyssea is easy, buy the expansion and head to Port Jeuno.
Gib said:
cause I mean I thought this game was a jouney to get to 75 and then 80, not to do it as fast as possible. I mean if you want to max out your crap in a weekend go play WoW, seriously.
Different strokes for different folks, though the idea of maxing out in a weekend is laughable. You might cap your level that fast, but merits and endgame gear? No. And for many of us, endgame is the meat of FFXI.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-08 20:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

i lvl'd smn from 75 to 79(30k tnl) in abbyssea before my stones ran out or party ended forgot then got an invite to smn burn with ZANNO here and got my 30k as fast as it takes to cook a pizza!

smn burn FTW,the place to be when your stones run out or your party ends!
 Fenrir.Necrids
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-08-08 20:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
SMN burn pretty much died with abyssea.

I just wish that ppl that have no clue about how abyssea works would stop making pick up runs. Really annoying wasting stones & time on a 60-90 minute run because some ppl dont know how to do it right.

How do you level your smn from 10 to 75 in abyssea. Please tell me.
I dunno, you are the expert, you tell me.
edit: I dunno about any lvl 10's but I've heard of 30's going out there and leveling up quick as ***.

No.
a friend of mine took cor from 33 to 75 in one day so it is quick and easy exp if ur party knows what its doing.
 Ifrit.Vextra
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-08 20:16:42
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-08 20:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

I just wish that ppl that have no clue about how abyssea works would stop making pick up runs. Really annoying wasting stones & time on a 60-90 minute run because some ppl dont know how to do it right.

edit: I dunno about any lvl 10's but I've heard of 30's going out there and leveling up quick as ***.

No.

Some people in my LS have got Level 30 jobs to Level 80 in about 2 Abyssea sessions. Starts off slow and then becomes ridiculously fast.

It's got fixed. Also a level 30 in normal level 75 party is gaining ~ 50 xp per kill. There has never been any form of level penalty except for the under leveled player, so again abyssea didn't change anything. As leech in abyssea you are essentially gaining exp from chests which end up being ridiculous compared to AB.

xp started off for me at 0 when i was chest bitching on level40 thf but it went to about 180 before the party ended. though it didnt last long wouldve been much more...

can skill magics up in abyssea perfectly fine as low level. if ur not opening chests hit the mob with magic like u wouuld in besiged might not be so well with melee but u could use sushi at 65 and possibly hit some not nesessarily as bad as AFB skillwise
if a abyssea party can last along time and has people who know wtf they doing it easilly tops a AFB
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-08 20:24:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

I somewhat agree with PChan, it's like a first for me. Let's compare:

Summoner Burn
Level ranges of leechers = 1-80
Number of leechers = Usually 2 for a 6 person party
Number of summoners(level 10-80) = 3-6(if leechers leech on SMN)

Abyssea Alliance
Level ranges of leech = 30-80
Number of leechers = 1-2 for a 18 person party
Out of that, number of summoners(level 30-60) = 1-2

I don't think it's a usual occurrence for someone to say: "Hey, we need some leechers/chest *** for this abyssea party". From what I've seen those spots are usually filled fairly quickly, unless you're the one who made the party. I'm just saying, you guys make it sound like an alliance of level 30s can go in, kill monsters for 3hrs, and then come out as level 80. No, there's only 1, maybe 2 spots for that low level position in the alliance.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-08 20:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

Summoner Burn

Abyssea Alliance

I don't think it's a usual occurrence for someone to say: "Hey, we need some leechers/chest *** for this abyssea party". From what I've seen those spots are usually filled fairly quickly, unless you're the one who made the party.
dont think ive ever heard someone ask before as people would rather high level so they can attack while building lights. anyone could open chests. usually friends with leader that leech or if u make it yourself.
 Hades.Tripster
Serveur: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-08-08 22:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday I went to an abyssean party that had no chest *** at all. I capped my exp and merits on 80 and asked the leader if i could "change jobs and be the chest master". I didnt said I was coming BLM 41 nor that I was a "leech". Just use the correct words and omit the bad parts (coming low lvl).

Ended up leaving the party after looooong hours as BLM 64. Spent 80k cruor on keys (almost 30 stacks), and I was guessing most of the chests (I keyed only when I got 2 guesses wrong, keyed on ebon and golden light - Time Extention I guessed, since there was 140seconds to do it).It's pretty much like astral burn really, bottom line there's no much difference.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-09 12:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I dunno, you are the expert, you tell me. edit: I dunno about any lvl 10's but I've heard of 30's going out there and leveling up quick as ***.
No.
Some people in my LS have got Level 30 jobs to Level 80 in about 2 Abyssea sessions. Starts off slow and then becomes ridiculously fast.
It's got fixed. Also a level 30 in normal level 75 party is gaining ~ 50 xp per kill. There has never been any form of level penalty except for the under leveled player, so again abyssea didn't change anything. As leech in abyssea you are essentially gaining exp from chests which end up being ridiculous compared to AB.
xp started off for me at 0 when i was chest bitching on level40 thf but it went to about 180 before the party ended. though it didnt last long wouldve been much more... can skill magics up in abyssea perfectly fine as low level. if ur not opening chests hit the mob with magic like u wouuld in besiged might not be so well with melee but u could use sushi at 65 and possibly hit some not nesessarily as bad as AFB skillwise if a abyssea party can last along time and has people who know wtf they doing it easilly tops a AFB

75's struggle to hit abbyssea mobs consistanly with sushi
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-09 13:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I dunno, you are the expert, you tell me. edit: I dunno about any lvl 10's but I've heard of 30's going out there and leveling up quick as ***.
No.
xp started off for me at 0 when i was chest bitching on level40 thf but it went to about 180 before the party ended. though it didnt last long wouldve been much more... can skill magics up in abyssea perfectly fine as low level. if ur not opening chests hit the mob with magic like u wouuld in besiged might not be so well with melee but u could use sushi at 65 and possibly hit some not nesessarily as bad as AFB skillwise if a abyssea party can last along time and has people who know wtf they doing it easilly tops a AFB

i was hitting the mobs about 25% of the time @lvl60 with sushi although 95% of them were 0s
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-09 13:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
No.
i was hitting the mobs about 25% of the time @lvl60 with sushi although 95% of them were 0s

nice
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-08-09 13:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
No.

nice
although now that i think about it my dagger was capped. someone with lower skills would not have nearly as much luck. at least you can skill magics easilly on them
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-08-09 13:23:03
Link | Citer | R

I leveled my RNG sub from 37-46 in abyssea in about 3 hours. Exp started about somewhere between 1-10 per kill, but by the time I had to leave I was getting 250-300 per kill. With the chest bonuses as well, you fly through levels, just like a 75+. But, I will admit, I did nothing other than opening the chests lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 13:23:56
Link | Citer | R

~25% just means your hitrate was floored, I could probably hit about that often (would be 20% on a parse) on any of my non-80 jobs.
By Darkpearl 2010-08-09 13:35:19
Link | Citer | R

mhh I know you Gekuz, so I can agree, but don't understand if you joined for the first time a astral burn party, and they was just explain you what you should do, or you knew already what you had to do. In any case, have a job 75, or have a relic doesn't mean that you know how to play the job. Exping is easy, learn how to play the proper job is different. Abyssea and astral burn is good exp ONLY if PPL is good, or doesn't join with only 1-2 stones when you shout for 120 minutes+, or when they leave after a while for event or whatever. If you knew that you had event why you join then make PPL waste time, stones and can be failga too. Astral burn is different, PPL join pretend to know everything when they don't, then they wait for 100+ mp after for shot another Shiva 2-hour when 50 is enough XD... Gekuz leave them be. See you in game ^^
 Ragnarok.Darkpearl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Darkpearl
By Ragnarok.Darkpearl 2010-08-09 13:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh btw, I level some in astral burn, and some in normal party, same with Abyssea I level other jobs, tho I spent time in Besieged or other things for skill up.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-09 14:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
cervelo84 said:

Rajas alone makes it worth getting Sea (if you're going to level a melee job) and a few of the drops there are still relevant. Getting Abyssea is easy, buy the expansion and head to Port Jeuno.

I completely agree with Night added note if you plan on leveling Blue you should get sea. I hate seeing blus who won't put the time in for sea and only have ToAU spells.

Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-09 14:09:37
Link | Citer | R

well that got *** up in my reply oh well lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-09 14:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

Summoner Burn
Number of summoners(level 10-80) = 3-6(if leechers leech on SMN)

Abyssea Alliance
Out of that, number of summoners(level 30-60) = 1-2

I don't think it's a usual occurrence for someone to say: "Hey, we need some leechers/chest *** for this abyssea party". From what I've seen those spots are usually filled fairly quickly, unless you're the one who made the party. I'm just saying, you guys make it sound like an alliance of level 30s can go in, kill monsters for 3hrs, and then come out as level 80. No, there's only 1, maybe 2 spots for that low level position in the alliance.

Well then make the party. Far easier and faster to make an abyssea party, than a smn burn party.
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-08-09 14:15:20
Link | Citer | R

http://www.***-sandwich.com/

Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-09 14:15:32